News UFC 246 Did 2 Million PPV Buys (Equivalent)

• Thread starter Deleted member 545701
  • Start date
conorawesome1579577192.gif

List examples of him being way off. Chael is not a reliable source. Every legit number I've seen matches his estimates. He has been the only real source for ppv numbers all these years, except for the rare occasions when a number leaks out.
What legit numbers? Ufc never releases its legit numbers.

Meltzler is an "adult" pro wreslin fan. Not real wrestling, PRO wrasslin. Yet you clowns give him the time of day. Amazing. Find a single adult that is a pro wrassling fan that leads a normal life.
Terrible. I kno plenty. Not myself one, tho I do know plenty

I find it hard to believe sorry. If its true hes legit the biggest ppv draw of all time by far. This was effectively a fight night card.

Dave Meltzer is notoriously full of shit. The guy is the king of conjecture

I believe it. ESPN advertised the fuck out of this event. My cousin's old lady's dad ordered it and he doesn't even watch MMA. He said he wanted to see the holly holm fight.

Casuals are fucking weird.

That’s because Conor fans aren’t fight fans, they’re financial fans, simple.

Lots of people who watched the sport since it was a niche sideshow seen as a circus have loved watching stars carry it into the mainstream. Conor just carries that torch further.

I like how tons of people in here dont understand what they are commenting on.
Keyword equivalent.

>Equivalent

Literally why this sport panders to uneducated people... mostly consisting of Conor fans. You guys will eat ANYTHING up.

<{yahyou}>

i don't believe it, but if it is true, we are literally living the movie Idiocracy.

Dave Meltzer used to be pretty good at doing PPV estimates back when almost every buy came from traditional cable/satellite, he knew a lot of people in the business from many years doing the same thing with WWE PPVs.

But that was then, he started slipping bad on his estimates with the advent of digital buys, he doesn't have any inside knowledge to that; especially now that a lot of buys comes from the digital realm outside of the confines of traditional cable/satellite PPV.

It's even more difficult to estimate with the ESPN+ deal since they operate based on subscriptions and you can only purchase PPVs exclusively through their digital streaming service. Meltzer is out of the loop.

This, Meltzer is reduced to the same method of guessing PPV buys as the rest of us these days. Anyone who takes him seriously is easily fooled.

By the way, I’m from Palo Alto, and nobody gave a shit. But PA may be a bad example because it’s a soulless tech wasteland with home prices that may be the highest in the nation.
That is not a UFC crowd. Strong Island is.

Lol no it didn't
2 million ppv buys on espn $64.99 against Cerrone? Nate Diaz vs Conor was Conor near his fame prime, real mma fans wanted to see it as well, it was pre-espn, and it did 1.6m buys for reference

Conor went on to fight Floyd Mayweather after that. That was his fame prime. And after that he did 2.4 million buys with Khabib. After all the controversy and him being out for over a year it makes sense that this PPV would do something like 2 million. The embedded numbers were huge.

List examples of him being way off. Chael is not a reliable source. Every legit number I've seen matches his estimates. He has been the only real source for ppv numbers all these years, except for the rare occasions when a number leaks out.
Chael, who is a direct benefactor of the PPV bonus, is a direct source- making him much more reliable than you, me, or Meltzer... by FAR

And the FOTN was the first fight of the night. And it was wmma.

Conor could sell ice to an eskimo. You've got to hand it to the little twerp

Back