News UFC 246 Did 2 Million PPV Buys (Equivalent)

• Thread starter Deleted member 545701
  • Start date

"They think I'm toast, but I'm still the bread" - Conor McGregor
960x0.jpg

Meltzler is an "adult" pro wreslin fan. Not real wrestling, PRO wrasslin. Yet you clowns give him the time of day. Amazing. Find a single adult that is a pro wrassling fan that leads a normal life.

So what, like 400K?
Exactly what I"m wondering. What is "equivalent" ?

It really sounds like the buys are 3-4 times less on ESPN+ than on PPV. That would put it at around 500-700k ESPN+ buys.

What does "equivalent" mean? Sounds like some mumbo jumbo to me.

No you can't, this forum exists to shit on the fighters, media, sport itself and actively hope for it's demise, all the while proudly saying how you don't pay for the product.. There's no room for sanity.

Also lol at the broke jabronis that can't afford the card that "feel sorry" for paying customers. I'm not sorry paying fighter paychecks, ever. Except Ben Askren.
So you paid for that card, and weren't sorry for paying Holm or Pennington for that fight? If that's the case you have more money than sense.

Equivalent is the key word.

Maybe they are only selling 25% what they used to since the switch. So 500k actual buys would be "equivalent" to 2 mill if they didn't fk the whole system up

I find this hard to believe, as none of my friends payed to watch this. Some of my friends used to always watch Conor main events in the past, this time, none of them did. Some of them did get excited once they saw some clips after the fight, but none of them paid for this event, not even 1. There used to be times when 20 of us would get together to watch a UFC PPV (paid), yet none of my friends did this time. I know the world doesn't revolve around my friends, but I would truly be shocked if this somehow sold the equivalent of 2 million PPV buys. I don't even know what Meltzer is trying to say, did 2 million people buy it or what kind of metric is he using.

Bar I was at on Saturday was completely packed even during the prelims. There were people standing outside the bar watching during the PPV. Still I have a hard time believing it hit 2 million even though Conor still draws a crowd.

Probably because so few bars get ppvs since espn now everyone is packed in one place

Exactly

WRESTLING Observer just posting clickbait honestly.

Even in the old system, Chael refuted Meltzer's numbers by saying Meltzer was "way off", for events that Chael got a piece of the ppv bonus.

Let me remind you, that Meltzer uses Google Searches as a criteria to his estimation. He was way off before, and has absolutely no solid grounds to make any kind of estimations now that PPV is on ESPN.

TL, DR - Meltzer posting clickbait

List examples of him being way off. Chael is not a reliable source. Every legit number I've seen matches his estimates. He has been the only real source for ppv numbers all these years, except for the rare occasions when a number leaks out.

Exactly

WRESTLING Observer just posting clickbait honestly.

Even in the old system, Chael refuted Meltzer's numbers by saying Meltzer was "way off", for events that Chael got a piece of the ppv bonus.

Let me remind you, that Meltzer uses Google Searches as a criteria to his estimation. He was way off before, and has absolutely no solid grounds to make any kind of estimations now that PPV is on ESPN.

TL, DR - Meltzer posting clickbait
I ordered many UFC PPVs where I didn't Google it because I know the card from MMA Junkie and knew how to order the PPV. I think the only times I Google the UFC card is when the rerun is on TV and deciding if I want to DVR an old UFC rerun.

I know 10 people who watched it and 0 who bought it
I watched on the good ole fashioned running water, but this is probably the last time, they are gonna have to start paying me to watch these random UFC Fight Night cards disguised as PPV's.

I know I couldn't pay you to watch it Fahcough, :p :p I know what you're like. You have a lot of dignity and are very proud, its hard to buy you, impossible even.

Yeah the only real interesting number is the amount of espn+ subscriptions it added. Bringing in people like Brock or even Floyd with Zuffa boxing probably bring in a higher number of subscriptions than Conor from entire different fanbases etc. Conor im sure was an important return mostly to gauge what they can make for offering big paydays of that magnitude

"They think I'm toast, but I'm still the bread" - Conor McGregor
960x0.jpg

Reading the tweet he appears to only be saying that the interest for the fight was the same as if it had done 2 million. The ESPN+ paywall probably cut into that substantially.

I watched on the good ole fashioned running water, but this is probably the last time, they are gonna have to start paying me to watch these random UFC Fight Night cards disguised as PPV's.

I know I couldn't pay you to watch it Fahcough, :p :p I know what you're like. You have a lot of dignity and are very proud, its hard to buy you, impossible even.
Small useless tidbit, when the cable ESPN prelims ended , the broadcast booth cut to a 'screensaver' type of fade away picture. The scene they put up was waves rippling in a lake. Am a cryptic thinker and that was a sign even the UFC was telling us all to stream this one.

You are a witty kitty. Would never purchase a card with any WMMA on it. Paying for shit means you accept servings of shit.

Back