PBP UFC 239: Jones vs. Santos - Main Card PBP Discussion - 10:00 p.m. ET/7:00 p.m. PT

I know there's a "who won?" poll

But can we get a round by round scoring poll for the Jones/Santos fight?

I want to see how everyone scored rounds 2 4 and 5

Good night of picks too

58831-1678274.png

good stuff

58831-1674694.png

I know there's a "who won?" poll

But can we get a round by round scoring poll for the Jones/Santos fight?

I want to see how everyone scored rounds 2 4 and 5

I gave (1...) 2 and 5 to Santos---clear. I thought 4 was razor close and no problem giving Jones the nod in that once for being champ since it was damn near 50/50 in my eyes. No problem for anyone who had it 1, 2, 4 and 5 for Santos, either.

Yeah I had Santos 1 and 5 for sure and Jones 3 for sure

2 and 4 were close

I only watched once live so I may need to watch round 2 again. I didn't even think it was very close and had Santos 20-18 clear after 2.

This fight wasnt that hard to score. Santos clearly won 1 and 5, Jones clearly won 3. 2 and 4 were close but 2 was Santos for me, 4 was a toss up. Two of the judges gave JBJ Rd5 which is why he won. HOW did he win that round??? He stood and posed for 4 mins while Santos was still going for it throwing bombs. BAD decision. Clean Jones is a good not great fighter who has to outpoint guys while still watching his cardio. If he fights DC again I guarantee you the pico's spike again, without question.

Jones's split decision victory over a seriously injured opponent was not impressive. His days are numbered.

Jones vs Santos was definitely a close fight, but nobody should be sure that Jones is finished. Everybody has bad days.

Provide me the definition of "significant strikes". I know the answer, do you?
Anything that’s not a jab. And if we are giving Santos credit for the leg kicks he gave Jon then we have to give Jon the same credit for the leg kicks he gave to Santos.

But I saw Jon drop Santos with a step in elbow and a kick to the body against the fence, even if on that one Santos was off balance. Those were the most significant strikes of the bout, by far. Then you include when Jones cut Santos with another elbow. It seems pretty clear that Jones was landing the most significant strikes of the rounds

People be up in arms over Jon getting the decision yet so many people defend GSP getting the nod over Hendricks when Hendricks gave him one of the worst title fight beatings ever

300_gsp_post_fight.0.jpg

Anything that’s not a jab. And if we are giving Santos credit for the leg kicks he gave Jon then we have to give Jon the same credit for the leg kicks he gave to Santos.

But I saw Jon drop Santos with a step in elbow and a kick to the body against the fence, even if on that one Santos was off balance. Those were the most significant strikes of the bout, by far. Then you include when Jones cut Santos with another elbow. It seems pretty clear that Jones was landing the most significant strikes of the rounds
If you think Jones landed better kicks than Santos then there's no hope.

If we want to count that as a "knockdown" then psshhh. Also what round was that in? The 3rd by any chance?

I have now watched the Jones-Santos fight 3 times. Jones lost 48-47 all 3 times. Santos won 1, 2 and 5. And 4 was super close. 1 and 5 were not close. Just like 3 wasnt close. Jon having octagon control didnt override Santos being the one landing seemingly much more of the truly significant strikes.

If you think Jones landed better kicks than Santos then there's no hope.

If we want to count that as a "knockdown" then psshhh. Also what round was that in? The 3rd by any chance?
Count what as a knockdown? You mean the square elbow placed right on Santos jaw that dropped him on his ass? That’s a knockdown in any combat sport

If you mean the one against the fence, it’s easy, Santos doesn’t fall if he isn’t kicked, so that makes it a knockdown

All Santos did was defend himself with a couple of thigh kicks per round, but because Jon Jones is so good, those strikes get overrated.

Santos must have some kind of powerful kicks to be able to force JBJ to need help out of the Octagon after only a couple of thigh kicks per round, eh?

Attachments

• JBJ_Limping.png
    JBJ_Limping.png
    282.9 KB · Views: 2
Santos must have some kind of powerful kicks to be able to force JBJ to need help out of the Octagon after only a couple of thigh kicks per round, eh?
Of course Santos has powerful kicks. He has demonstrated by KO'ing people with kicks.

Back