PBP UFC 239: Jones vs. Santos - Main Card PBP Discussion - 10:00 p.m. ET/7:00 p.m. PT

How the hell did anyone score that for Jon? Dude missed the majority of his strikes. I had Santos up 4 to 1. At the minimum 3 to 1. Vegas just jobbed Santos out.

I had Santos 2-1 with two rounds too close to call.

Jones clearly lost., but you're stupid if you think the judges would EVER give him the L.

Jones could literally snort coke and roid up in the ring, and he'd still be given the decision.

Definitely high level chess match between Jones and Santos. Santos should've worked those legs because it obviously made the difference. Props to Jones for recognizing that Santos exploited that weakness. Not entertaining as earlier fights but it was high stake fight for Jones. Highlight fight for me is Masvidal vs Askren.

I don't think Jones wanted anything to do with Thiago's power and it showed. I do believe this version of Jones was the real Jon Jones give or take a few picograms. He may be USADA'd soon because tonight he looked less than.

Are they going to reach his chin? You act like a lot of the HW’s have great technique or utilize kicks enough to make Jones drop his guard

sure they will, Thiago Santos was touching him and Ngannou and Stipe are much bigger than Santos.

you don't need great technique to touch Jon Jones, fuckin OSP touched Jones chin too. people really underestimating size and power of HWs imo.

just look at Luke Rockhold, he could do nothing to Jan Blackhowicz in the grappling and pretty much gassed himself trying to take him down, it's not like Jan is some top tier TDD animal, but the strength difference was apparent.

Anyone giving Jones the first round should stop watching MMA and find an easier sport to follow...like professional cup and ball.

iu
{<jordan}Pro Cup and Ball. You got Jokes man. Santos won round 1. Anyone giving a unanimous decision to Jones is blind.

Holy shit presser is actually already live. Usually they start a year late. Obviously they still doing the empty chair gimmick but they might do right on this one

Round 1 - tie
Round 2 - Santos
Round 3 - Jones
Round 4 - tie
Round 5 - Santos

Hurting your own leg throwing kicks isn't losing imo

I’m having a fucking dilemma brahs like do I finish Jessica Jones season 3 or go balls deep in this post fight presser ?

I had that round a tie.
Well that's not giving him the round....I need to rewatch round 2. It was a strange fight. Also I'm not a Bone's diehard fan. I liked him better when he slipped up and stopped being so diplomatic against DC.<JonesLaugh> David Branch destroyed Santos. MMA math is silly and he has improved a ton and become more measured. Santos stock goes up even with the ref's decision.

Well that's not giving him the round....I need to rewatch round 2. It was a strange fight. Also I'm not a Bone's diehard fan. I liked him better when he slipped up and stopped being so diplomatic against DC.<JonesLaugh> David Branch destroyed Santos. MMA math is silly and he has improved a ton and become more measured. Santos stock goes up even with the ref's decision.

Sorry did I post MMA math somewhere?

Jones was sticking his open palms into Thiago's face all night.

HErb is useless.
I noticed Jones sticking his hands out very early and I thought Herb would warn him, but he never did. Big John is better about that. I didn't see any blatant eye pokes, but there very well could have been and Santos just no sold them because he's so fucking tough and has a soldier's mentality. But yes, poor job in that regard by Herb.

Smith just merc'd Aleks in Sweden so perhaps they aren't so bad just not able to get to the next level. Smith could have opened up a bit more in his fight though .
My last post didn’t make much sense. Was meant to mean that who knows how the div would look if those guys stayed at LHW. Jones has built up an invincible type of aura so I feel people hesitate more than they should

Holy shit presser is actually already live. Usually they start a year late. Obviously they still doing the empty chair gimmick but they might do right on this one
Masvidal is talking to Chael on the post fight right now not the presser. And he just got confirmation he got the performance bonus.

Round 1 - tie
Round 2 - Santos
Round 3 - Jones
Round 4 - tie
Round 5 - Santos

Hurting your own leg throwing kicks isn't losing imo
How was round 1 a tie? It was the clearest round in Santos' favor and the clearest round of the fight as a whole except for round 3.

Back