UFC 236 Holloway vs Poirier 2

I feel like before the match the odds might even out, and then Max has a lot of worth, can see him getting underestimated by the bookies like before Ortega fight.
Btw is there anywhere to bet on Lobov knuckle match?

It's the public that would have to push the line, not the books. I'm not the greatest at predicting lines but I doubt it improves all that much. -200 is probably in and around as good as it'll get.

Lol bud... Kelvin had nooo problem dropping Weidman (who has almost the same reach as isreal and hits much harder and is ranked higher) and Weidman only survived due to his superior wrestling which isreal doesn't have. You're a moron if you think Israel will dominate the standup

Calling someone a moron after stating a fighter's ranking as legitimate attribute in their favour over an opponent is...moronic.

Calling someone a moron after stating a fighter's ranking as legitimate attribute in their favour over an opponent is...moronic.
Its more then just the rank its the caliber of opponent kelvin has proved himself against. Silva vs Israel was very competitive and silva is not a competitor. kelvin has proven himself vs Weidman, jacare, Woodley where as Israel struggled with silva?

Lol bud... Kelvin had nooo problem dropping Weidman (who has almost the same reach as isreal and hits much harder and is ranked higher) and Weidman only survived due to his superior wrestling which isreal doesn't have. You're a moron if you think Israel will dominate the standup

Yeah I'm a moron because I have a different, and most likely correct, opinion to you...

Its more then just the rank its the caliber of opponent kelvin has proved himself against. Silva vs Israel was very competitive and silva is not a competitor. kelvin has proven himself vs Weidman, jacare, Woodley where as Israel struggled with silva?

He lost two of those fights..

wellll see.... my big bet is Poirier
He lost two of those fights..
It doesnt matter if he lost, my point is he has proved his striking vs top level people? Yes he split decision Woodley and 1 shotted Weidman, and Israel doesn't have the panic wrestling to recover. Israel had a close fight with Silva but he will dominate Kelvin? Nope.

wellll see.... my big bet is Poirier

It doesnt matter if he lost, my point is he has proved his striking vs top level people? Yes he split decision Woodley and 1 shotted Weidman, and Israel doesn't have the panic wrestling to recover. Israel had a close fight with Silva but he will dominate Kelvin? Nope.

You think Kelvin's striking is on the level of Anderson's? Wideman big bothered Kelvin... We'll see soon enough

You think Kelvin's striking is on the level of Anderson's? Wideman big bothered Kelvin... We'll see soon enough
lol bro. like i said Israel doesn't have the wrestling to do what weidman and Kennedy did. We will see, good luck man

Thank you. I have a little streak going on and didn’t lose the last 4, so a L might come next week lol. Not sure if I ever hit 5 in a row.

I didn’t watch too many fights because I don’t feel like doing it. A break is always nice to reset but I have some confident picks nevertheless.

- I bet 3u on Anders because it’s very hard for him to fuck this one up lol.

- I got Adesanya 100%. Izzy is my man. I bet him in every single fight since he came to the UFC. His striking is on another level and the size difference will be crazy. He is already hard to hit, so a fat welterweight has even less chances to land on a guy who fought at heavyweight before (225lbs/ 100kg). Kelvin is a overachiever to me similar to Bisping. Very good overall but nothing special. I don’t see him landing a big punch or grinding Adesanya out. He has probably 2 rounds to land a knockout. After that it will be all Adesanya because Kelvin does slow down significantly and so does his power.

I’m just waiting for a better line like in every Adesanya fight because there are always doubters saying "Oh he is overrated and hasn’t fought anyone".

- Montel Jackson should dismantle Soccermom with ease. He is a serious wrestler and solid striker with insane reach who fights tall. Ricky Simon is a little Vitor and he didn’t want to strike at all with Montel. I feel like he is a special talent and will go far if he stays focused. Andre has good reach for 135 but Montel’s reach is freakish. Soccermom likes to counter strike and has power but he has also low output. His fight IQ is extremely low and I’m not only talking about the O‘Malley fiasco. The fight will hit the mat at some point and it might end then.

My other leanings are Krylov & Grant both ITD but again, I haven’t watched anything yet. I usually make my bets 1-2 days before the event.

My gut feeling about the co & main event is that if we see an upset, it will be Poirier. I really don’t see Kelvin winning a belt in any weightclass. Max is still my pick for now but this fight has more variables to it which could lead to a Poirier win (155 debut, Poirier‘s ground game). Adesanya basically answered all the questions you could have had over the last year. He can go hard for 5 rounds, he can stop takedowns, his striking translates very well to MMA, he is more than just another kickboxer making the switch.

We have very similar opinions my friend.

This is so stupid. I’m not even gonna say why lol.

You are so, so dumb.

You do realise that Weidman, aside from a flash knockdown, also outboxed Gastelum?

You are so, so dumb.

You do realise that Weidman, aside from a flash knockdown, also outboxed Gastelum?
did you watch the fight? weidman landed 2 good shots and took him down after a minute and a half. when they got back up Kelvin dropped him and won the round. my point was Israel wouldn't have the wrestling to prevent the ref jumping in but well see buddeh

did you watch the fight? weidman landed 2 good shots and took him down after a minute and a half. when they got back up Kelvin dropped him and won the round. my point was Israel wouldn't have the wrestling to prevent the ref jumping in but well see buddeh

Have you ever thought about the option that Izzy has the striking to make Kelvin look like a fool trying to land his 1-2 over and over again ?

No need to panic wrestle.

Gut instinct says Izzy has this, but just wanted to comment on Kelvin's cardio after seeing the Jacare fight for the first time.

Kelvin was tired in that fight, but I wouldn't say he was gassed, and he still ended it strong. That was an up and down MMA fight with everything in it, that 9/10 fighters would have gassed from if not getting finished first. Kelvin getting mounted and surviving in R1, brawling with Jacare in round 2 and probably suffering an adrenaline dump from dropping and nearly getting a stoppage.

KG still moved well in the 3rd and out-volumed Jacare, who still kept going forward.

Izzy will not bring this type of fight to Gastelum, so I don't think either one's cardio will be a factor. I see either Izzy winning on the outside and breaking away from Kelvin more often than not to win, or Kelvin staying competitive enough standing to score round-stealing takedowns to win. But either way, I see it being really slow with a lot of respect.

I’m surprised so many people are on Gastelum. His striking always looks basic to me and should not be a MW. This seems like a terrible match up for him. I don’t remember Gastelums wrestling ever being good and he probably doesn’t have the gas tank to do it for 5 rounds anyway. I don’t see this fight being competitive. Gastelum is tough so he will probably make it to the bell but I think it’s target practice for the most part.

I’m surprised so many people are on Gastelum. His striking always looks basic to me and should not be a MW. This seems like a terrible match up for him. I don’t remember Gastelums wrestling ever being good and he probably doesn’t have the gas tank to do it for 5 rounds anyway. I don’t see this fight being competitive. Gastelum is tough so he will probably make it to the bell but I think it’s target practice for the most part.

Gastelum has shown he belongs in there against top MW completion. His defensive wrestling looked good against Jacare(I thought he won rds 2&3.) he’ll threaten the takedown to set up a big left hand. Idk if Adesanya will respect Gastelums take down attempts though. I would think he’d defend them easily, especially against the cage.

Otherwise I agree and think it’s target practice for Adesanya. Who could put him out with a kick.

Crazy Adesanya could get a title shot without fighting Romero, Jacare, Weidman, or Rockhold. Red carpeted and Gastelum is easily the most favorable matchup compared to those 4.

Gastelum has shown he belongs in there against top MW completion. His defensive wrestling looked good against Jacare(I thought he won rds 2&3.) he’ll threaten the takedown to set up a big left hand. Idk if Adesanya will respect Gastelums take down attempts though. I would think he’d defend them easily, especially against the cage.

Otherwise I agree and think it’s target practice for Adesanya. Who could put him out with a kick.

Crazy Adesanya could get a title shot without fighting Romero, Jacare, Weidman, or Rockhold. Red carpeted and Gastelum is easily the most favorable matchup compared to those 4.

Jacare and Yoel combined ages is like 108. Rockhold and Weidman, while hardly spring chickens themselves, are nearing irrelevance at the top. Wish Bobby could stay healthy.

Back