UFC 234 Whittaker vs Gastelum

If Lando actually manages to lose this fight I'll be shocked. Such a blantantly gigantic mismatch to get Vannata a win.

You guys seem to know your shit. I always thought mma would be a great sport to bet..you fellas win alot at this?

You guys seem to know your shit. I always thought mma would be a great sport to bet..you fellas win alot at this?
yes mma, is a great sport to bet on, it is very subjective and hard to quantify what the expected odds should be for a particular outcome, that is what you can take advantage of if you are good.

So what do you folks think about Buren winning round and a half vs. Vera? Matrinez has better movement and volume than Vera, but less power and worse tdd. Matrinez’s sub wins are against cans, but he had Schnell on defence with a front head lock before landing the illegal knee that caused dq. Only R2 is on YouTube, but it was mentioned in MMA Vivisection that Schnell had zero trouble with Martinez’s ground game before that.

Last edited:
yes mma, is a great sport to bet on, it is very subjective and hard to quantify what the expected odds should be for a particular outcome, that is what you can take advantage of if you are good.

With that said what's your success rate like? Probably even better i imagine with this thread to hash it out

Nobody is concerned about the accumulation of the staph/knee surgery/Yoel beatdowns? I thought Romero won that last fight

I think gastelum has the speed and power to catch him and I don’t think there’s a huge wrestling disparity either

Nobody is concerned about the accumulation of the staph/knee surgery/Yoel beatdowns? I thought Romero won that last fight

I think gastelum has the speed and power to catch him and I don’t think there’s a huge wrestling disparity either

I think the staph/knee surgery forced him to sit out and heal up his brain. It was severe beatings he gave and took, but he hasn’t been fighting that much lately so it should be okey. 1 fight 2018, 2 2017 and 2 2016.

Damage is a concern but he never actually got KO'd and was recovering well in the fight.

Definitely think Whittaker is the far better wrestler, Gastelum was takendown repeatedly by guys like Magny and Kennedy and Weidman just manhandled him. In comparison Whittaker nullified almost of Romero's wrestling and when rocked was perfectly able to shoot single and double leg takedowns to tie up Romero and let himself recover. I don't doubt Whittakers ability to get down Gastelum or most of his opponents he just rarely needs to. Gastelum does have a deceptively good guard though and get ups so I doubt Whittaker will just blanket him.

Surprised to see the odds for Yahya. Yahya should be a bit of a favorite.

Betting aside, is this one of the weakest PPVs of the WME era? The Fight Night we had just now was arguably a better overall card than this.

There is one really good fight on this card, the main event, the co-main is a fairly bland match-up featuring an excellent fighter taking on a withered 43 year-old he will likely decision, and the rest is very meh, with many match-ups being poor even by Bellator standards, and more suitable for a LFA or something.

Bobby, Bobby ITD, Alvey, Yahya, Silva are my leans pre-tape. Feel great about Bobby and Bobby ITD. I also hit a ridiculous Silva KO line at +1030 for 0.25u the other day. I’m not going to hit many favorites here after I took a bath on the ESPN+ 1 card with a betslip stacked with favorites, which I never ever do.

Bobby, Bobby ITD, Alvey, Yahya, Silva are my leans pre-tape. Feel great about Bobby and Bobby ITD. I also hit a ridiculous Silva KO line at +1030 for 0.25u the other day. I’m not going to hit many favorites here after I took a bath on the ESPN+ 1 card with a betslip stacked with favorites, which I never ever do.

I do have a problem with Silva and that's he has become to soft. Haven't you seen what Silva had said about MMA fighting? how that its to violent? so Silva pulling an KO on Israel could happen but since Silva had changed his mood i am not seeing it.

Just did some tape so a couple of notes on Devonte Smith vs Big Dong Kim. Smith is 9-1 very rangey athletic lightweight, great 1 2 and devistating gnp from on top. Moves well not a great wrestler.

Kim is an experienced (previously ranked 7) welterweight 22-4 was on a 4 fight streak in the UFC until he was out wrestled by colby covington. Looks well rounded but not elite. Has some ground game, some single shot standup while zombieing forward seems to rely on his wrestling to get position.

On the face of it Smith could easily piece Kim up pretty quickly on the feet but if Kim can get into grapple with his size and experience he will grind Smith down.

The screaming neagtive to me about Smith is his loss.. which is to John Gunther who survived an early onslaught and went on to stop Smith in the 3rd round. Gunther was tenatious but looked absolutely terrible which says a lot for how bad Smith looked.

To be fair Smith looked a lot better in his DWCS fight but i still think he is a can crusher but Kim is not a can. Kim could get KOd quickly but at 3/1 im going to take a stab.

Hate to break it to ya but you taped the wrong guy. Smith is fighting lil dong, not big dong

Hope you haven't stabbed anyone yet cuz the Kim who's fighting next week is not a welterweight. He's actually a Ma now. :sniper:

I dont mean to be rude, but this feels like a contrived bs mixed with mma math nonsense we know is bs in mma.

When did the Uriah Hall fight occur? Jacare just beat the ever living shit outta Weidman and is a top 3 MW currently. Kelvin has a history of beating up guys he shouldve lost to, hell I thought he shouldve gotten the win against Woodley after fighting ill and missing weight. You could easily pull the same nonsense contrived bs against Whittiker. I hope this isnt how you bet normally.
lol weidman and jacare was a great fight, foty candidate. that's like saying Kelvin beat the shit out of jacare

Hate to break it to ya but you taped the wrong guy. Smith is fighting lil dong, not big dong
Whats the chances of there being two Dong Hyun Kims fighting in the UFC? He must be on a kimchi diet now

edit: oh you are right.. I was mislead, they have the name wrong at my bookie.. In fact it is wrong at all 3 bookies I use. need to redo tape

Last edited:
Betting aside, is this one of the weakest PPVs of the WME era? The Fight Night we had just now was arguably a better overall card than this.

There is one really good fight on this card, the main event, the co-main is a fairly bland match-up featuring an excellent fighter taking on a withered 43 year-old he will likely decision, and the rest is very meh, with many match-ups being poor even by Bellator standards, and more suitable for a LFA or something.
Nothing arguable about it. This card sucks and wont break 100k buys. Regret booking flights, accom etc to go to this

Alvey odds creeping up. +108, hoping it keeps climbing

Nothing arguable about it. This card sucks and wont break 100k buys. Regret booking flights, accom etc to go to this

Alvey odds creeping up. +108, hoping it keeps climbing
Yeah. I'm a bit underwhelmed with Crute. Dude's so sloooooow, but Alvey could show up in terrible shape like he did against that Russian dude.

I'am thinking along the same lines as you are. I'll probably end up small on Kelvin.

Yeah. I'm a bit underwhelmed with Crute. Dude's so sloooooow, but Alvey could show up in terrible shape like he did against that Russian dude.
Yeah paul craig of all people was piecing him up in round 1, the only reason crute won that fight was decent cardio and Craig being a terrible wrestler. Crute is really slow and hittable but he has got heart and grit. Alvey should really win this though, I rate grandpa Nog higher than Crute tbh. Alvey is still very untrustworthy, in many fights he doesn't throw anything. So i will just go small on him.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
plasterby
Back