PBP UFC 234: Adesanya vs. Silva - Main Card PBP Discussion - 10pm ET/7pm PT/3am UK

MMA fans are some of the most entitled, wussiest, unappreciative, and ungrateful bunch I have ever seen.

Yesterday's main event was amazing. I don't get the massive amounts of bitching. I really don't.

I was on the edge of my seat for the whole fifteen minutes. Top level striking, and goddamn, did Anderson prove everyone wrong and hang in there with the young lion.

israel-adesanya-of-nigeria-punches-anderson-silva-of-brazil-during-picture-id1128598029

israel-adesanya-of-nigeria-punches-anderson-silva-of-brazil-during-picture-id1128593443

https://www.gettyimages.com/photos/ufc?family=editorial&phrase=ufc&sort=best#license
Any good shots of Andy landing on Adesanya? What a hell of a fight

MMA fans are some of the most entitled, wussiest, unappreciative, and ungrateful bunch I have ever seen.

Yesterday's main event was amazing. I don't get the massive amounts of bitching. I really don't.

I was on the edge of my seat for the whole fifteen minutes. Top level striking, and goddamn, did Anderson prove everyone wrong and hang in there with the young lion.
False, yesterday's main event was awful. It was so bad I had to get up this morning and find out who won, because I went to bed after the second. All flash no fury, but there one thing I take away from it and that is Adesanya won't have anything to offer the higher he goes.

Not one takedown attempt by the spider lol. That should say everything when you wonder if he actually tried to win

Andy becomes Adesanya's Apollo Creed... "You fight great, but I'm a great fighter!"
apollo-creed-blog.jpg

Anderson could have won that fight.
Israel has had one good fight in the UFC (versus Brunson) and Honda/MM/Cyborg brigade making him out to be the GOAT.

As already mentioned fed this punk to Jacare or Soldier of God or even The Chris.

Jesus, it was so embarrassing.

Silva was a muppet and barely tried, the guy is getting outstriked and still makes jokes, clearly there just for the paycheck. It felt like one of the diaz brothers, give some show, be a punching bag and run away with the money.

Fighters should be punished for not even trying, i feel bad for the people who paid mainly to watch this fight.

What a waste of time.

Disappointed in how Silva came out and fought in the third. If he pressed the Gas tank and had gone for it, who is to say that he does not catch Israel with something and beat him. Israel does not deserve a title shot yet. He should face Jacare next (the original plan for January) or even Weidman. Rebook Gastelum vs. Whittaker for April/May.

Jesus, it was so embarrassing.

Silva was a muppet and barely tried, the guy is getting outstriked and still makes jokes, clearly there just for the paycheck. It felt like one of the diaz brothers, give some show, be a punching bag and run away with the money.

Fighters should be punished for not even trying, i feel bad for the people who paid mainly to watch this fight.

What a waste of time.

The Aussie crowd appreciated the fight. {<shrug}

I did, too, actually.

But Silva is 43 years old.

i think he was trying but "aging" is an opponent that can never be defeated.

The Silva of 10-15 years ago would've wiped the floor with him.

Anyway, I was entertained by the fight and for that, at least, I have no regrets. <BC1>

/thread

False, yesterday's main event was awful. It was so bad I had to get up this morning and find out who won, because I went to bed after the second. All flash no fury, but there one thing I take away from it and that is Adesanya won't have anything to offer the higher he goes.

So because you decided to go to sleep, the fight was awful.

Good thing you don't speak for all of us or something.... {<diva}

That was an entertaining fight! Anderson showed again why he's one of the greatest. Excellent win for Adesanya!

Back