PBP UFC 234: Adesanya vs. Silva - Main Card PBP Discussion - 10pm ET/7pm PT/3am UK

It was Israel's job to create a highlight reel win and he failed miserably.

Anderson did his patented, "I'm trapped against the fence, come get me"...and Israel "I'm retire you" just stood there like a deer caught in headlights. You know why? He was afraid of getting outsmarted. Israel isn't ready...yet.

No actually he made Silva go the the center.

I enjoyed this fight from a striking perspective. It was awesome to me but

It kind of makes me appreciate the wrestling perspective.

In the sense of being boring.

I will always like the striking but Striking can also be boring.

Paulo Costa vs Israel, I need this fukkin fight
giphy.gif

I would enjoy Costa casting Israel's head into outerspace. I can't express how upset I am. Nick Diaz had a better fight against Anderson Silva. I need him humbled, so the next big chance he gets he gives everything he has.

this is what happens what naturally gifted athletic young champions turn into slower reflex old guys. See Roy Jones Jr as a prime example.
Well Roy Jones Jr. in his prime was even more insane in terms of reflexes and power than Anderson. Roy lost his chin completely. Boxer’s hit harder but I remember the fight were it was all over for Roy it started out and he was still throwing a lightning fast jab but then got hit flush once and it was over. It’s still the best comparison for Anderson. I’ve said this before but even when Anderson was still on the streak he was exiting his prime. People hate to hear it but he was already sliding out of his prime when he was fighting Chael and knocking out Vitor. Same with Fedor...He wasn’t in his prime when he was knocking out Rogers and so on.

Everybody is panning this one and disappointed at Silva kinda shutting down in rd 3, but for me it was just fitting. He gave it hell for a couple rounds, but it's the young lion's time. I'm fine with it, it was art.

Indicative of a closed right eye, hurt leg and some guy who hasn't fought in ages being gassed in a high tension bout when your reflexes are shot.

The fight sucked, and I feel Anderson basically threw the fight

They seemed pretty even going toe to toe, landing good counters on each other.

But Adesanya thre leg kicks, and that basically won him the fight.

Anderson could have gotten him to the ground in round three, and chose to just let him stand back up, whyy???

I do not think this was a title shot worthy performance, feed Adesanya to Yoel and call it a day, not impressed with his "next level" striking whatsoever.

I never understood the hype around Adesanya. Not in terms of his fighting skills but in terms of marketability. They keep making out that he's the next conor McGregor. That he's so good on the mic. But I haven't seen anything of the sort. All l hear is some guy mumbling unremarkable drivel in a boring accent that noone can be bothered listening to. Theres nothing interesting about him. I mean he just fought a main event in his neck of the woods and the crowd were booing him.

I never understood the hype around Adesanya. Not in terms of his fighting skills but in terms of marketability. They keep making out that he's the next conor McGregor. That he's so good on the mic. But I haven't seen anything of the sort. All l hear is some guy mumbling unremarkable drivel in a boring accent that noone can be bothered listening to. Theres nothing interesting about him. I mean he just fought a main event in his neck of the woods and the crowd were booing him.
Me either but they booed him for his shot at Rob.

The fight sucked, and I feel Anderson basically threw the fight

They seemed pretty even going toe to toe, landing good counters on each other.

But Adesanya thre leg kicks, and that basically won him the fight.

Anderson could have gotten him to the ground in round three, and chose to just let him stand back up, whyy???

I do not think this was a title shot worthy performance, feed Adesanya to Yoel and call it a day, not impressed with his "next level" striking whatsoever.
Yoel deserves better but im OK if he murks Adesanya for our entertainment.

Isreal is great and yeah he has a lot of hype behind him but he has real skills and great striking.

I'm a fan and hope he finds more success in the UFC.

It seemed to be a competent fight from both fighters.

Israel obviously didn't want to destroy, Silva was tired and fighting a younger man.

Not much more to be said really...played out pretty much as could have been foreseen.

So many of you are watching fights for ages, and still didn't figure out that when two counter punchers meet, they cancel each other out?

'Not impressed with next level striking from Israel'..really? Well his highlights real, as Anderson come against people that tend to plow forward, not against people with similar style that stand back and counter.

A lot of you need to train some more UFC.

Back