PBP UFC 234: Adesanya vs. Silva - Main Card PBP Discussion - 10pm ET/7pm PT/3am UK

That was pretty much classic Silva. Counter puncher who taunts and waits on his opponent to make the first move. This fight was like his Leites fight. There were shades of the Irvin fight too but Silva couldn’t hold on to Adesanya ‘s kicks. Silva had a couple of matrix style dodges but he really didn’t damage Adesanya at all. Miss the old days

At this point unless it’s a better-late-than-never superfight with GSP I don’t know what benefit it is to see Anderson clowning like he used to, but nowadays without any real threat attached to it.

Sure, if you think Herpes is a good look

giphy.gif

At this point unless it’s a better-late-than-never superfight with GSP I don’t know what benefit it is to see Anderson clowning like he used to, but nowadays without any real threat attached to it.

And his opponents actually still fall for it for 3 rounds! How??? Why???

A typically frustrating Silva performance.
It was Israel's job to create a highlight reel win and he failed miserably.

Anderson did his patented, "I'm trapped against the fence, come get me"...and Israel "I'm retire you" just stood there like a deer caught in headlights. You know why? He was afraid of getting outsmarted. Israel isn't ready...yet.

That was pretty much classic Silva. Counter puncher who taunts and waits on his opponent to make the first move. This fight was like his Leites fight. There were shades of the Irvin fight too but Silva couldn’t hold on to Adesanya ‘s kicks. Silva had a couple of matrix style dodges but he really didn’t damage Adesanya at all. Miss the old days

Having a partially closed eye and a hurt leg, along with probably being gassed as fuck resulted in Anderson willing to dick around and look for a counter. The issue is, Anderson showed Israel that he could actually counter and see some things through anticipation and knowledge, that it made absolutely no sense for Israel to do anything dumb in the third and get countered. He had everything to lose there, including a potential title fight.

LMAO Gastelum getting shitted on at every turn. Love it.

He earned it after walking around with that belt; not offering to take another fight; and covering that shit up like it was a razor nick, lol

My question is who do you give Silva for a retirement fight? You can’t give him a scrub. You can’t give him somebody who will destroy him. It’s weird

Luke Rockhold. Intriguing fight and he has the chance to KO him

Anderson won the second imo. He made an unbelievable accounting for himself. He's still probably an 8-10 ranked middleweight caliber fighter, which is unbelievable considering the guy is about to turn 44 in a couple of months.

The biggest issue with Anderson is he waits on guys too much. In his head he thinks he's eventually gonna catch guys, but in reality his reflexes and speed just isn't what it used to be. I think if Anderson was a little more aggressive he'd be able to have won tonight.

Anderson won the second imo. He made an unbelievable accounting for himself. He's still probably an 8-10 ranked middleweight caliber fighter, which is unbelievable considering the guy is about to turn 44 in a couple of months.

The biggest issue with Anderson is he waits on guys too much. In his head he thinks he's eventually gonna catch guys, but in reality his reflexes and speed just isn't what it used to be. I think if Anderson was a little more aggressive he'd be able to have won tonight.

this is what happens what naturally gifted athletic young champions turn into slower reflex old guys. See Roy Jones Jr as a prime example.

Back