UFC 211 - Stipe vs JDS II - Dallas

Status
Not open for further replies.
Whittaker showing yesterday how easy a young and hungry striker with great tdd can deal with 40 year old juijitsu experts, insane confidence increase in Masvidal

I thought I was the only one on Masvidal.
I don't know if I should make my bet now or wait for better odds

The odds are close to pick em, obviously you are not the only one lol

Whittaker showing yesterday how easy a young and hungry striker with great tdd can deal with 40 year old juijitsu experts, insane confidence increase in Masvidal
IMO with these odds Masvidal could use more like a reality check than a confidence boost.

i'm getting the feeling that these new owners are deliberately giving the older guys bad match ups, so they can build up the new generation. i don't think they want maia anywhere near the belt.

i'm getting the feeling that these new owners are deliberately giving the older guys bad match ups, so they can build up the new generation. i don't think they want maia anywhere near the belt.

I have the same feeling. They don't want to give Maia a title shot so they make him fight against Masvidal, who is going to put him away in 1 or 2 rounds.

lol jacare losing means maia automatically will lose? lmao jacare has double legs but maia chain wrestles his opponents to the ground. I think woodley can stop his td's but not masvidal.

I think maias mma wrassling is better then jacares, when he gets a hold of guys they usually go down

Great points above^^^

Maia's chain wrestling is much different than Jacare's. I will fully admit that I thought Jacare would have more success taking Wittaker down but if you look at Jacare's physique it has changed since USADA. Maia's age for sure is a concern (as was Jacare's), but Maia has never relied on strength and explosion to get TD's like Jacare does. If USADA is a factor with Jacare (along with age), I'd be much more surprised if it is with Maia. His body hasn't changed, and he relies purely on chain wrestling technique to secure TD's.

That said, Masvidal might be a better athlete and counter-wrestler than Whittaker so while I really did favor Maia initially, my lean isn't nearly as strong as it was. Father Time is and always will be undefeated, and Maia is at that age where it has to be taken into consideration.

Jotko vs Branch is the sleeper fight of the card and tough to call. Both have momentum but Branch may be running out of steam. We'll see what the over looks like.

Jacare still closed the gap and was on Whittaker's back with a hook in lol. He just slipped off and that was the beginning of the end. 9/10 that ends up with a choke for Jacare or a long round of control. That didn't make me think Maia is fucked

The age factor on the other hand, ehhh...

loving these

edgar/yair over 2.5 -210
cejudo/pettis over 2.5 -260
Joanna by decision +156
cejudo by decision -117

i don't think pettis should be such a heavy dog. pettis dec +400 has value for sure.

Cejudo - Lil' Pettis O2.5
Edgar - Yair O2.5
[email protected]

Yair could knock Edgar out, but that probably won't happen, otherwise it feels like a safe bet.

Ok boys, get ready to make some money by following my advice. I don't guarantee every pick is right of course, but put your money on these people winning in X round by X method and you WILL make a serious profit before the night is over. And no, I'm not picking all of the favourites. I looked at the odds and 3/7 of my picks are underdogs.

Alvarez beats Poirier by 1st round TKO
Cejudo beats Pettis by decision
Yair beats Frankie by decision
Masvidal beats Maia by 3rd round KO
Andrade beats Joanna by 4th round submission
Miocic beats Dos Santos by 2nd round TKO.

Shooters shoot. Consider opening up a trust fund for your kids with the cash you'll make.

Poirier defeats Alvarez by TKO.
Cejudo wins via decision
Yair wins by decision
Maia wins by submission
Joanna wins by decision
Miocic TKO's Junior

That's my thoughts. These are all very tough fights to call and Alvarez and Frankie can win easy they're basically 50/50 in my mind, whilst Masvidal and Andrade also have really good chances.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back