UFC 211 - Stipe vs JDS II - Dallas

Status
Not open for further replies.
Actually pretty impressive honestly. Chiesa's grappling is no joke (ask Dariush). That said, it really doesn't change the fact he can't play the grappling game with Maia. Completely different level of grappling.
Def. a huge feather in Jorge's cap. Chiesa has the best RNC at 155 and probably the strongest back control too.

Edgar/Yair line will only tighten, I'd take Yair now if you want him.

Wouldn't surprise me to see this be close to a pick'em come fight time.

#GotMine #BetterGetYours

how come?

I just think both fighters haven't changed much since their last meeting. I saw the same holes in Miocic that he had against JDS 1st time around when he fought Overeem. Fight should be 50/50 in my eyes, so JDS at +150 and higher (which I feel is where the price will go), is my play. Not huge right enough, 1u, 2u if price improves.

Why is everyone on Yair

Dude had a hard time keeping Rosa off him, Frankie will get half guard and keep it

The Yair that fought Rosa would get his head taken clean off by current Yair, he's on a whole different level now.
Stil getting taken down repeatedly by Cacares like two fights ago, Caceres is not a strong wrestler

I will take Edgar's refined fundamentals over Yair's low percentage wildness all day. Been looking for the chance to fade this dude, if we get Edgar at close to evens I will drop a bomb

Is it because Stephens rocked him and he lost to Aldo?

Stil getting taken down repeatedly by Cacares like two fights ago, Caceres is not a strong wrestler
Yeah but it's not like he was held down, Caceres didn't have much success grappling and that fight wasn't close despite the one crack head judge.

Edgar will only decline from now on. He didn't look good vs Stephens that was a close fight. I think Yair is going to show Frankie what the next level is like.

One guy is on his way up and the other is on his way down. And +150 on Yair seals the deal.

If this fight ends up as a pick em, i'd be very tempted to go 5u deep on Edgar

Dont underestimate the improvement yair will be making fight to fight. Very gifted fighter. You cant compare yair to the yair that fought rosa. That was over 2 years ago yair is a different fighter

Yeah but it's not like he was held down, Caceres didn't have much success grappling and that fight wasn't close despite the one crack head judge.

Edgar will only decline from now on. He didn't look good vs Stephens that was a close fight. I think Yair is going to show Frankie what the next level is like.

One guy is on his way up and the other is on his way down. And +150 on Yair seals the deal.
The next level of what? Spinning shit and reckless transitions? I guess I'm failing to see what Yair does better then Frankie, other than kick and be unpredictable. Much better off of his back obviously.

Edgar has a pair of so-so performances while Yair feeds on dinosaur BJ... I think this is a case of what have you done for me lately.

I also believe Stephens is just a difficult matchup for Frankie and most people's read of that fight ahead of time was way off. Tough to take down, dangerous to strike with, big size disparity, etc.

Fucking great card this...

Some early bets for me are
Miocic
JJ
Masvidal
Yair
Barzola
Alvarez
Vick
Cejudo

Status
Not open for further replies.