UFC 207: Nunes vs. Rousey Weigh-ins 6pm ET/3pm PT/11pm UK (Discussion)

At least Amanda didn't go Bethe on Ronda and get into her face full-out screaming - "DON'T CRY, DON'T, CRY, I'M GOING TO KNOCK OUT YOU OUT, YOU ARE GOING TO FALL TO MY PUNCHES"

She doesn't have the best fight IQ. It's her biggest flaw by a mile. When she dropped for that sub vs Cat. doh! And she's feisty. I hope she doesn't get crazy in that stand up and over swing and start throwing low kicks, etc.
Since that fight Nunes showed a lot of improvement in her fighting IQ. Against Baszler she recognizes leg kicks were working, against McMann she kept her distance. Against Valentina she went for TDs and kept her distance. Same with Tate, didn't let Tate play any grappling game. Remember she got Tate really hurt but still went for a slow kill. She stayed calm as a UFC 200 headliner against very hurt champ and kept picking her shots carefully.

I think Nunes learned a lot from that Zingano fight. Days of Nunes rushing in recklessly are long over or at least she is showing that in last 2 years

I'm all for Amanda, but gameplan won't save her from the take down if her technique can't. I really hope she fights the fight of her life and beat the Rousey girl, but she must be really, really careful not to engage too much or otherwise let herself in a vulnerable position.
Nunes has technique, she knows how to defend TDs, especially Judo throws since she is black belt in Judo. She should do the same gameplan as she did against Tate and I think she will be fine. If she starts to clinch up with Ronda and go Cat Zingano mode with flying knees then she will lose.

Breakdown Rousey's chances but no interview.

Nunes missed a good opportunity to bring a purple pillow to the weigh in and say to the bitch: "You'll need this again"

Ronda's attempt at mean mugging is pathetic. I hope she gets brutally beaten by Nunes and quits WMMA.

I guess this is as good a time as any to let you know I fucked your mom and 9 months later she had you. You're proof I'm not a virgin, son.
Jokes on you, my mom is disgusting.

Tate on FS1 talking about Nunes could kick Ronda's bad knees! Please don't low kick. :( I feel that's a bad strategy.

Nunes has really grown on me.
She is a savage whilst being nice to fans, fighters, media etc....

How many times has Hendricks missed weight now? thats gotta be about 5 or maybe more

I didn't think so.
I thought you were a lonely old man at first with all your weird Ronda posts, but now I can tell you're just a kid, right down to the 11 year old over xbox type insults "I fucked your mom"

You're sad.

Edit - holy shit, you ONLY post about Ronda. Obsessed.

If Nunes had left the mask on for the staredown I would have become a huge fan.
Maybe she really wanted to have a good look in them eyes. Looking straight eye to eye is more frightening than any mask.

Plus photos. Freaking noobs posting in here lol

Nunes has technique, she knows how to defend TDs, especially Judo throws since she is black belt in Judo. She should do the same gameplan as she did against Tate and I think she will be fine. If she starts to clinch up with Ronda and go Cat Zingano mode with flying knees then she will lose.

Oh, I see. It'd be really nice if she can pull this out, Ronda is already rich and set up for life, Amanda is just getting started. Ronda is very well physically, though, very impressive shape and perfectly cut. I wish the best luck for Amanda!!

Tate on FS1 talking about Nunes could kick Ronda's bad knees! Please don't low kick. :( I feel that's a bad strategy.
Lol at Tate telling someone what to do in a fight against Ronda.

Lets all remember Tate kept shooting TDs on Ronda like zillion times from miles away and Ronda throwing her on the ground every single time.

Miesha "The Gameplan" Tate

Back