• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

UFC 207 - Nunes vs Rousey - Vegas

Status
Not open for further replies.
@iGnP

I'll check back tomorrow with ya. I know you're watching Kelvin/Magny right now. I'm damn tired, heading to bed. Have a good night man.

There isn't a massive skill disparity between Magny and Gastelum at all. This wasn't all that long ago...

images

Magny held his own just fine striking with Kelvin (both guys had their moments) and Magny outgrappled him and won the fight.
I dont see it. Rewatch the fight, Magny got into good positions because of his size advantage. He was basically able to muscle gastelum to the floor when he would get a good hold on him. I dont think that's gonna happen against Hendricks

Magny has really high center of gravity.. Hendricks doesnt need to dig very deep to get this guy down. Magny hasnt fought a Hendricks type of wrestler. Remember how easily maia got him down? On feet magny knocking out jonny is very unlikely. Even if hendricks gets outboxed he will win the fight with takedowns and some top control. This fight will look like hendricks vs brown.
Magny is that type of guy who beats guys who are okay in every fight distance but not great. If he faces very good striker he gets ko'd (larkin) if he faces very good wrestler he gets outwrestled or sub'd (maia)

Smolka isnt someone i fade ever. I would sooner just not bet the fight. Smolka is champ material imo

Smolka isnt someone i fade ever. I would sooner just not bet the fight. Smolka is champ material imo
How in the world do you think that Smolka is championship caliber?

I see borg being the right side here. Smolka relies on scrambles & gives up position often. I see Borg jumping on his back multiple times here.

Also Magny has had trouble with guys who throw big power & can connect. Hendricks use to be that guy who threw & connected on big punches. He is going to go out there & try to wrestle Magny. Magny will defend fight off his back if need be & proceed to light Hendricks up on the feet & TKO him... you're welcome.

I'm loving Borg after some tape watch. His top control is very smothering, he's constantly working to pass or land GnP but always maintains solid positioning. He takes the back so damn fast in scrambles. Once he has it he's almost impossible to shake off, too. Smolka puts himself in bad positions a lot, I see him getting controlled on the ground and his back taken for sure.

I also think Borg is just straight up stronger and a better wrestler.

Need to watch more Smolka tape tomorrow.

Smolka gives his back up as a way of getting back to his feet. He does this as he is near on impossible to choke if someone has his back. All well and good but if Borg gets his back he will find it very hard to shake him.

anybody heard what's up: is Jessica Andrade fighting on this card or not? the it still says "Andrade vs TBD" but just 2 weeks out is tremendously short notice for anybody to step up. Chances they just pull Andrade and go with an 11 bout card?

anybody heard what's up: is Jessica Andrade fighting on this card or not? the it still says "Andrade vs TBD" but just 2 weeks out is tremendously short notice for anybody to step up. Chances they just pull Andrade and go with an 11 bout card?

I think they are confident they will find someone to fight her, otherwise they wouldn't include her in the PPV line up. Maybe someone like Lima or Taylor.

At current odds you're on Ronda though? And yeah I kinda agree, terrible odds for a prop even though it's likely to hit if she wins

I'm waiting for her to get a little lower. I know some people think Ronda will get bet a bunch, but I can see it going the other way as hell. People love to bash Ronda.

I'm loving Borg after some tape watch. His top control is very smothering, he's constantly working to pass or land GnP but always maintains solid positioning. He takes the back so damn fast in scrambles. Once he has it he's almost impossible to shake off, too. Smolka puts himself in bad positions a lot, I see him getting controlled on the ground and his back taken for sure.

I also think Borg is just straight up stronger and a better wrestler.

Need to watch more Smolka tape tomorrow.

This is a great stylistic matchup for Borg IMO. Surprised he's the dog.

I quite like ACJ vs Vettori @ -140. I think Vettori is primarily a grappler and ACJ should have a pretty big edge there. Although, Vettori has been training with Kings MMA for a while now judging from his Instagram and Pat Cummins should be able to help him prepare for ACJ having beaten him already. Cummins did pull out with a staph infection recently so not sure if he is spending time in the gym.

Edit: Actually it looks like Cummins did his camp for Villante at Blackzilians.

I dont see it. Rewatch the fight, Magny got into good positions because of his size advantage. He was basically able to muscle gastelum to the floor when he would get a good hold on him. I dont think that's gonna happen against Hendricks

I rewatched it yesterday. Magny shows extremely nice technical grappling with his sweeps and the way he holds top position. It's not like Magny is some giant hulking WW. He's a tall lanky guy who happens to be a good grappler. Kelvin is obviously a blown up WW when he fights at 185 due to his love of food, but he's a normal to big sized WW.

Any size difference between these two is negligible either way. I would say based on this fight the same would be said about skill disparity. I'm not saying it's unreasonable to think Kelvin is SLIGHTLY more skilled, just that saying there's a "massive" skill difference is way off.

Magny has really high center of gravity.. Hendricks doesnt need to dig very deep to get this guy down. Magny hasnt fought a Hendricks type of wrestler. Remember how easily maia got him down? On feet magny knocking out jonny is very unlikely. Even if hendricks gets outboxed he will win the fight with takedowns and some top control. This fight will look like hendricks vs brown.
Magny is that type of guy who beats guys who are okay in every fight distance but not great. If he faces very good striker he gets ko'd (larkin) if he faces very good wrestler he gets outwrestled or sub'd (maia)

Kelvin is considered a good wrestler at WW. On Hendricks level (an actual motivated in shape pre USADA Hendricks) maybe not, but still a good wrestler and in terms of applied MMA grappling probably very close to Hendricks level. Magny did just fine with Kelvin. Maia freaking does that to EVERYONE at WW (barring Shields a few years back).

Kelvin is considered a good wrestler at WW. On Hendricks level (an actual motivated in shape pre USADA Hendricks) maybe not, but still a good wrestler and in terms of applied MMA grappling probably very close to Hendricks level. Magny did just fine with Kelvin. Maia freaking does that to EVERYONE at WW (barring Shields a few years back).

Gastelum's takedown defence is actually not that good and Magny took him down mainly from the clinch. I expect Hendricks to get takedowns at will vs Magny, Magny's frame will play to Hendrick's advantage too.

IVettori has been training with Kings MMA for a while now judging from his Instagram

Vettori has been at Kings for almost a year and a half now. Very young hungry guy who moved continents to train at one of the top gyms. His whole life is MMA.

I love this card for betting and I don't need to do any research on anyone. My bets so far,

Cain over/ Cain by DEC
fight does the distance magny/Hendricks
Fight goes the distance mean/cowboy
Fight goes the distance Kim/Sac

I love this card for betting and I don't need to do any research on anyone. My bets so far,

Cain over/ Cain by DEC
fight does the distance magny/Hendricks
Fight goes the distance mean/cowboy
Fight goes the distance Kim/Sac

Are you not afraid of Werdum getting a sub or Cain getting a KO on a Werdum who seems to be fading? What is the line on that?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back