• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

UFC 205 - Conor vs Alvarez - NY

Status
Not open for further replies.
I rewatched Woodley Gastelum. I'd be absolutely shocked if Cerrone can get Gastelum out of there. He ate some bombs from Woodley and didn't flinch.

I rewatched Woodley Gastelum. I'd be absolutely shocked if Cerrone can get Gastelum out of there. He ate some bombs from Woodley and didn't flinch.

i'd like to add that that was a gastelum who missed weight and not a prime gastelum

Not sure where prices are at, but realllyyyyy hoping Gastelum dec can get close to the mid +3xx range and i'll make that my play

Really torn on it.

Cerrone is different. It's an accumulation with him. More of a breaking down. Wood is more 1 punch type KO.

I'd also worry that cerrone gets gastellum in positions that magny was able to.

not saying I disagree. Just saying I personally wouldn't be that surprised

What do you guys think about Cerrone v Gastelum? Cerrone has looked damn good at 170, but Gastelum looked really sharp in his last fight too.

I think Gastelum is going to be threat that Story was suppose to be. Although Cerrone has looked pretty amazing he usually breaks once he hits the big show/big fights which New York will be and I think Gastelum is the perfect gritty, hungry and well rounded fighter to pressure Cowboy and end his streak he has going.

I am as well going for JJ+BW. Plus I am thinking about Tate, what do you guys think?

How will cerrone deal with kelvin's pressure?
Same way he did with story. An notoriously aggressive fighter.

Or he might take kelvin down as Magny did

I just honestly think this is a different cerrone. Even using his extremely underrated wrestling at 170 more

As much as I love Mcgregor. At this point I guess I'm gonna have to hit Eddie.

I believe Eddie will have no reservations when it comes to pressing Conor against the cage and grinding him. At evens maybe I might hit Conor small but I see value with Eddie here

Same way he did with story. An notoriously aggressive fighter.

Or he might take kelvin down as Magny did

I just honestly think this is a different cerrone. Even using his extremely underrated wrestling at 170 more

one thing i really like about ww cerrone is how he shoots for a takedown early in the fight. i think that keeps his opponents guessing and makes them more hesitant. i honestly think gastelum is extremely overrated and cerrone dominates this fight.

http://www.bloodyelbow.com/2016/6/2...agian-eric-spicely-welcome-mma-news-breakdown

Who is Katlyn Chookagian?

The inagural CFFC flyweight champ “Blondefighter” is a 27-year-old training out of Allstar BJJ in Kenilworth, New Jersey under IFL vet Jamal Patterson. She’s enterting the UFC with an undefeated 7-0 record, holding wins over prospect Isabelly Varela and regional vet Stephanie Bragayrac. Otherwise her record tends toward the untested newcomers that populate much of WMMA. Chookagian was also a standout on the amateur circuit winning several regional titles while going undefeated. Outside of MMA, she’s a BJJ purple belt with a background in boxing and kickboxing, having won a Pennsylvania Golden Gloves title at age 16.

What you should expect:

Probably the most notable holdover from Chookagian’s kickboxing past is a stiff jab and consistent range movement. She seems like she might be something of a slow starter, open to getting swarmed early on, until she becomes more comfortable. As fights go on, she does a much better job mixing her strikes and paying attention to her defense. It’s probably not a problem that will hinder her terribly at 135 in the UFC, where there are very few powerful, aggressive strikers, but she’s been hittable in the past.

Otherwise, she does well throwing knees in the clinch, framing well to set up power strikes. On the ground, she’s an aggressive, scrappy grappler who jumps on submissions at every opportunity. That can mean that she gives up positions pretty quickly, and in general, wrestling seems to be the missing piece of her game. She’s willing to pull guard to get to the ground if she wants the fight there, but I haven’t seen her exert a lot of control.

What this means for her debut:

The gameplan for Murphy has to be pretty clear. Start fast, shoot early and often, and then work to stifle her guard game with some of the brutal top control that Murphy has shown in the past. Chookagian has the pieces to be a decent fighter in the future, most notably she looks like a decent athlete that gets better as fights go on, but as a career flyweight she may end up physically overwhelmed at 135.

one thing i really like about ww cerrone is how he shoots for a takedown early in the fight. i think that keeps his opponents guessing and makes them more hesitant. i honestly think gastelum is extremely overrated and cerrone dominates this fight.

Disagree about Kelvin be on overrated but yeah Cowboy at 170 has looked like a straight up killer. I mean, if you asked heading into his last 2 fights what would he have to do to truly impress you, there's no way you could say he hasn't done it and more. He cracked 2 chins that had a combined ZERO legit KO/TKO losses in a ton of fights. He dominated both guys (really good fighters) start to when he finished.

Kelvin is legit, but how can you not favor Cerrone here?

Disagree about Kelvin be on overrated but yeah Cowboy at 170 has looked like a straight up killer. I mean, if you asked heading into his last 2 fights what would he have to do to truly impress you, there's no way you could say he hasn't done it and more. He cracked 2 chins that had a combined ZERO legit KO/TKO losses in a ton of fights. He dominated both guys (really good fighters) start to when he finished.

Kelvin is legit, but how can you not favor Cerrone here?
Kelvin is a giant step up from Story and Cote, though

kelvin is talented no doubt but hes so inconsistent and I just cant get his weight problems and loss against neil magny out of my head. I think cerrone is on another level not to mention the speed advantage 2 inch height advantage and 5 inch reach advantage cerrone has. Everyone thought cote and story would pose problems for cerrone because he had trouble with that style in the past but he not only beat those guys he destroyed them. Cerrone is clearly a different fighter now and will win this fight. Love that +445 sub prop but could also see cerrone winning a decision as kelvin is a tough out.

Everyone thought cote and story would pose problems for cerrone because he had trouble with that style in the past but he not only beat those guys he destroyed them.
Idk about that. I thought Cowboy would school Cote and I was on him vs Story. Yet I like Kelvin here
maxresdefault.jpg

kelvin is talented no doubt but hes so inconsistent and I just cant get his weight problems and loss against neil magny out of my head. I think cerrone is on another level not to mention the speed advantage 2 inch height advantage and 5 inch reach advantage cerrone has. Everyone thought cote and story would pose problems for cerrone because he had trouble with that style in the past but he not only beat those guys he destroyed them. Cerrone is clearly a different fighter now and will win this fight. Love that +445 sub prop but could also see cerrone winning a decision as kelvin is a tough out.
not true. i think one or two people were adamantly making a case for cote and it caused a groupthink effect within the thread. i remember a lot of people just being like 'wtf no, cote isnt gonna win this fight' lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back