UFC 190 Reebok Payouts revealed and yes, they're pretty terrible.

Shogun only got $10k in sponsorship for co-maining on a ppv...?

Lol that's horrible but hey, that + their salaries still means they get paid far better than WSOF, Bellator, or anyone else*.

* unless you're a star like Tito or Rampage; then you have the power to negotiate a decent contract. This isn't the case for 95% of fighters, though.

Lol that's horrible but hey, that + their salaries still means they get paid far better than WSOF, Bellator, or anyone else*.

* unless you're a star like Tito or Rampage; then you have the power to negotiate a decent contract. This isn't the case for 95% of fighters, though.

Already addressed. "UFC sockpuppet" doesn't mean you, of course.

If Brendan Schaub, a middling UFC fighter, could get more than USD100,000 per event from outside sponsors, imagine what Shogun and the Noguerias, who are household names in Brazil, could have gotten without this stupid Reebok deal.

The UFC sockpuppets on sherdog argue that the UFC is till paying better than other MMA orgs.

This isnt about UFC and Bellator, dumbasses. It's about whether you can attract the best athletes in the world with chump change.

I love MMA and want it to have the greatest athletes on earth. I don't want these athletes to end up in football, baseball or basketball. I don't want these athletes to go to law school or med school instead. I want them to fulfill their destiny of becoming the greatest unarmed combatants in human history and giving us spectacles that the bards will sing about for ages to come.

How the F*CK is that going to happen with these absolutely pathetic payouts?

I sure hope you are wrong... If so, then fuck reebok.

Doesn't matter. That's still pathetic money. Bellator and WSOF don't pay more because they don't make more. The UFC and Reebok need to be paying fighters 10x more than they are. I won't be spending one dollar towards anything that will go in Dana's pocket until this is fixed.

Bethe would have easily doubled or tripled her sponsorship money for the fight

Already addressed. "UFC sockpuppet" doesn't mean you, of course.

Well, one counterargument is there isn't necessarily a lot of coincidence between athletic ability and fighting ability. Would Shogun be a great athlete in any "real" sport? Probably not. Has he been a great fighter that made a ton of fans over the years? Yep. And he started fighting quite literally for free. You can replace the name "Shogun" with lots and lots of other fighters we're fans of.

Are we going to poach NFL or NBA athletes the way things are now? No. But even if the pay was better, would we? Probably not. There are a lot of reasons for this, not least of which are popularity of the sport, brutality/stigma, and fighting-specific skillset that doesn't always correlate neatly with other high-paying sports.

"Its better for the for the fighters, ya fucking goofs" Dana White

Doesn't matter. That's still pathetic money. Bellator and WSOF don't pay more because they don't make more. The UFC and Reebok need to be paying fighters 10x more than they are. I won't be spending one dollar towards anything that will go in Dana's pocket until this is fixed.

It does matter. That's the way the world works. It'd be great if you got $175k per year to put together widgets on an assembly line at the local factory, but no one's going to pay you that. When every other factory is paying 8 dollars an hour for that job, if you manage to get $16, that's a good thing. Everything is dependent on the marketplace.

Last edited:
I make more than an average UFC fighter
HAHAHAHAHA!

Shitty compensation to wear a humiliating fight kit. The Reebok deal is a Wolfman kick in the nards, which makes sense considering the last time Reebok was relevant was when Monster Squad was released.

It does matter. That's the way the world works. It'd be great if you got $175k per year to make put together widgets on an assembly line at the local factory, but no one's going to pay you that. When everyone other factory is paying 8 dollars an hour, if you manage to get $16 hour, it's a good thing. Everything is dependent on the marketplace.

Exactly. Which is why the monopoly status of MMA is making the pay go DOWN over time. Same reason internet rates in areas where a single carrier has a monopoly are complete dogshit compared to the rest of the world... "you don't have a choice so fuck you" is what they say and now Dana is saying the same to fighters and fans alike.

Long story short, there is little reason to be an MMA fighter because doing so means you will be very unlikely to feed your family. Not good for the future.

This deal is going to help the fighters, right Dana?

I'll come clean. I truly wasn't sure. I should be in bed but I'm sitting by a camp fire by myself in the rain. It's light rain but I'm still an idiot.

Sherdog by the campfire light? That sounds fun.

Back