UFC 190 Reebok Payouts revealed and yes, they're pretty terrible.

Except when he openly refused the Reebok kit at the 190 weigh-ins because he felt he shouldn't have to wear it.

He wore he own personalized Reebok gear ... that makes perfect sense
The rumor of Conor refusing to wear Reebok was from Chael
He had no idea Conor was wearing his own Reebok gear

if someone had a list of what people typically made in sponsorship money pre reebok, that would be a really helpful comparison.

Anderson Silva got 800k and Diaz pocketed 500k for their fight. That's double and triple the TOTAL ufc 190 payout alone.

Anderson Silva got 800k and Diaz pocketed 500k for their fight. That's double and triple the TOTAL ufc 190 payout alone.

Please link to that info
Thanks

WTF did I say that?

something something first two pay per views of the Reebok era...they both over-performed.

yes, i get you were illustrating a fact that casuals dont care about what the denizens of Sherdog worry about in relation to MMA. Reebok is a non factor in those PPV buys...why even mention a "Reebok era" at all? all i was saying is whether 189/190 over or underperformed, Reebok had nothing to do with it.

most fans watching probably dont even know the UFC has a deal in place with Reebok...they probably just think everyone is wearing shitty, cookie cutter uniforms with UFC logos.

also, that was just a friendly suggestion...you can act like the success of both of those pay per views had everything to do with Reebok, if you so desire.

He wore he own personalized Reebok gear ... that makes perfect sense
The rumor of Conor refusing to wear Reebok was from Chael
He had no idea Conor was wearing his own Reebok gear

Actually, my it is from the UFC personnel that I was with at the Expo... right after it happened. He refused to wear the actual clothing. He had decided he wanted to wear his own. He (and his girlfriend) also took a lot of the clothing on his own accord. But it's McGregor so everyone gets to pretend like that's super okay.

the guy who does right=

bob-sapp-banana-640x265.jpg

something something first two pay per views of the Reebok era...they both over-performed.

yes, i get you were illustrating a fact that casuals dont care about what the denizens of Sherdog worry about in relation to MMA. Reebok is a non factor in those PPV buys...why even mention a "Reebok era" at all? all i was saying is whether 189/190 over or underperformed, Reebok had nothing to do with it.

most fans watching probably dont even know the UFC has a deal in place with Reebok...they probably just think everyone is wearing shitty, cookie cutter uniforms with UFC logos.

also, that was just a friendly suggestion...you can act like the success of both of those pay per views had everything to do with Reebok, if you so desire.

Look up the word CONTEXT
In the same post I wrote TWICE that fans don't care about Reebok
Why would I credit the success of 2 PPV's to them?
Use your head

The obvious point was/is what Sherdog feels about Reebok doesn't seem to be affecting the popularity of UFC.
If the first two events over-performed than that looks to be true.
If 189 & 190 did 450k buys, there would be 50 threads saying "Fuck UFC & Reebok" as if the buyrate has something to do with the 'backlash'

Again - use your head

Actually, my it is from the UFC personnel that I was with at the Expo... right after it happened. He refused to wear the actual clothing. He had decided he wanted to wear his own. He (and his girlfriend) also took a lot of the clothing on his own accord. But it's McGregor so everyone gets to pretend like that's super okay.

He still wore Reebok
No big story

Look up the word CONTEXT
In the same post I wrote TWICE that fans don't care about Reebok
Why would I credit the success of 2 PPV's to them?
Use your head

The obvious point was/is what Sherdog feels about Reebok doesn't seem to be affecting the popularity of UFC.
If the first two events over-performed than that looks to be true.
If 189 & 190 did 450 buys, there would be 50 threads saying "Fuck UFC & Reebok" as if the buyrate has something to do with the 'backlash'

Again - use your head

im not sure anything Reebok does in MMA affects the popularity of the UFC.

also, its Sherdog...i cant use my head. this is where i come to turn off my brain for a bit.

Ha
Truth is most casuals don't care & as time goes by this will die down.
Most fans (outside of here) that I know, could not care less about the things Sherdog does.

I hope they make some tweaks for the fighters sake, but in the big picture most don't care
Look at the first two PPV's of the Reebok era ... they both over-performed.

I don't think that's the real issue. I think it effects the relationship between Zuffa and it's employees.

Nothing that will cripple the UFC, but still.. In comparison to other athletes, the reebok money is what they will spend while in Vegas for fight week.

im not sure anything Reebok does in MMA affects the popularity of the UFC.

also, its Sherdog...i cant use my head. this is where i come to turn off my brain for a bit.

:cool:

I don't think that's the real issue. I think it effects the relationship between Zuffa and it's employees.

Nothing that will cripple the UFC, but still.. In comparison to other athletes, the reebok money is what they will spend while in Vegas for fight week.

Oh I get that & agree fully
I was just pointing out that outside of Sherdog, I don't think potential fans care.
But even the issues the deal caused with fighters will die down as it becomes the normality.
That doesn't mean Zuffa handled it correctly though.

I will give one example (of several I had outside of Sherdog)
ME: What do you think of the Reebok deal?
FRIEND: Oh that's right, what are they designing the shorts now?

Very few really are that involved in the issue.

Back