UFC 190, headlined by Ronda Rousey, pulls biggest PPV numbers since 2013

why would i make my impression about a fighter based on his/her popularity? ronda is more popular than fedor. so?

ppv numbers are meaningless to me since they are unverified. fighter popularity means even less because this is not a popularity contest, it's about violence and skill.

it tells a lot about this new generation of fans that need to have validation through numbers. don't this the wrong way. this is just my opinion.

dude you have posts predicting ppv buys. They obviously aren't meaningless to you.

The what?? That undercard (everything not the main event) was universally hated on, just about everyone predicted this card wouldn't top the 500k mark. I think most had it somewhere around 300k.

I personally like the rest of the main card fights, but i didn't know half the fighters on the prelims.

Didn't expect to have to explain this but - you know that "sarcasm" thing people sometimes talk about? My comment about the *super* strong under card = textbook example of it.

It's only hard to believe the numbers if you've had your tinfoil hat on about all the people who've been saying for ages she's a cultural phenomenon.

But, but the hardcore Sherbros weren't gonna order this PPV and sait it would do 300k-400k. Wa happen

She's a big name. People I know that never watch mma were having partys and shit for this fight, so I'm not that surprised.

But, but the hardcore Sherbros weren't gonna order this PPV and sait it would do 300k-400k. Wa happen

People like you are the reason she get's so much shit, same with the Conor nuthuggers. If you would just stfu every once in a while and not put her pussy on a pedestal and get so fucking rustled by what other people think people would probably just leave it alone.

Didn't expect to have to explain this but - you know that "sarcasm" thing people sometimes talk about? My comment about the *super* strong under card = textbook example of it.

using sarcasm on the internet.... for SHAME

Lover her or hate her she is now unquestionably the biggest draw in the sport. I say whatever brings more eyes to the sport then great

The "super" strong card under it had *very* little to do with it and neither did Bethe for that matter, I'm not a giant fan of Ronda, but those numbers are basically all her and her alone. You headline that card with a Jose Aldo fight that isn't Conor, it doesn't do half that number, it probably does closer to a quarter.

Such a shitty ass card. Co main and main event were the only things that kept my attention. I just hope they don't keep doing this for Ronda headlined events. I love watching her destroy people, but squash matches aren't worth 60 bucks.

Her next fight has another title fight on it and a #1 contenders bout

People like you are the reason she get's so much shit, same with the Conor nuthuggers. If you would just stfu every once in a while and not put her pussy on a pedestal and get so fucking rustled by what other people think people would probably just leave it alone.

Hahahahah, snif snif. ahhhhh the buthurt comes through the screen...i love it

Back