UFC 190, headlined by Ronda Rousey, pulls biggest PPV numbers since 2013

inbe4 UL says these are fake numbers. Not that he has any evidence, but he says it's true so yeah, dummies..

I bought it to see Vieira vs Lopes. Didn't even know Ronda was headlining.

Ah I think I know the type, the only other possibility is he was wrong so therefore logic shows they must be fake.

If thats what Meltzer says then that's probably what it is. It is very hard to believe though.

http://www.mmafighting.com/2015/8/2...looks-to-have-topped-900000-pay-per-view-buys

But, to be fair, the *super* strong under card probably had a lot to do with it.

The what?? That undercard (everything not the main event) was universally hated on, just about everyone predicted this card wouldn't top the 500k mark. I think most had it somewhere around 300k.

I personally like the rest of the main card fights, but i didn't know half the fighters on the prelims.

i will never believe unverified numbers. just can't. it's all bullshit to me until you open your books to actual audit.

It's pretty crazy the numbers she puts up. But as mentioned in the article, Ronda brings in different fans. She's the trendy thing right now for some people, but trends have a way of bubbling and bursting. Wonder how long it will last.

Such a shitty ass card. Co main and main event were the only things that kept my attention. I just hope they don't keep doing this for Ronda headlined events. I love watching her destroy people, but squash matches aren't worth 60 bucks.

UFC 157:

People only bought this card for Machida/Henderson. Ronda was lucky to have two legends on the card.

UFC 190:
Shogun/Nog II maybe??

exactly. it's purposely vague. i just happen to deal with numbers on a daily basis so maybe it's because of that.

So how do you know who is a draw or not? Or do you just never discuss fighter popularity or ppv numbers?

UFC 157:

People only bought this card for Machida/Henderson. Ronda was lucky to have two legends on the card.

UFC 190:
Shogun/Nog II maybe??

hahaha oh shut up. Everyone in the sports world knows who Ronda Rousey is. Nobody knows Shogun or Lil nog.

So how do you know who is a draw or not? Or do you just never discuss fighter popularity or ppv numbers?

why would i make my impression about a fighter based on his/her popularity? ronda is more popular than fedor. so?

ppv numbers are meaningless to me since they are unverified. fighter popularity means even less because this is not a popularity contest, it's about violence and skill.

it tells a lot about this new generation of fans that need to have validation through numbers. don't this the wrong way. this is just my opinion.

about the two million thing - yeah, i don't even remember writing it, probably bored at work, probably in a thread where people discused it and i just felt like saying something there. i don;t remember that one at all. hell, maybe i even spoke about ppv many times in the past. if i did, ok, call me a hypocrite, but even those numbers i put forward would mean crap since they would still be unverified. they'd be more of a marker.

Rousey is a super star. She basically fought a folding chair and drew huge.

Back