UFC 190, headlined by Ronda Rousey, pulls biggest PPV numbers since 2013

Where are the freak show fights?

Punk in 2016, after training with top fighters for a year?
Even that is debatable as a freak show.

Well, not so much freak show level fights yet. But the championship shots are a joke, the whole pushing Bethe as a dangerous contender thing was a freak show, same with the way Joe sold the win as something incredible. The whole Conor traveling circus show was a joke.

Dana wanting to bring in Gina and give her a title fight or a catchweight fight was another example of the UFC being entertainment more than a sport.

So far no Giant Silva with a stick or Bonar with a masked man, but Dana is moving that way as it makes money sometimes.

Well, not everybody wins. The UFC is morphing into WWE production and freak show fights. Look for Khloe Kardashian to fight Ronda and get the biggest numbers ever.
The days of trying to showcase the best fighters is over, its all about hype and drawing now.

Yea because 95% of title fights arent decided by who's most worthy . Clearly the Ufc never gave out title shots to unworthy fighters before the last year.

Yea because 95% of title fights arent decided by who's most worthy . Clearly the Ufc never gave out title shots to unworthy fighters before the last year.

Never said that, but the last few years they give out title shots to whoever they feel like. That is the trend, more show, less legit sport. They are doing staged drama more and more too, every fight has some made up animosity now.

about the two million thing - yeah, i don't even remember writing it, probably bored at work, probably in a thread where people discused it and i just felt like saying something there. i don;t remember that one at all. hell, maybe i even spoke about ppv many times in the past. if i did, ok, call me a hypocrite, but even those numbers i put forward would mean crap since they would still be unverified. they'd be more of a marker.

You just owned yourself in your own post. What a joke.

You don't deal with Nielsen numbers. Post proof or shut up.

Look at this guy LOOOOOOL

who even uses the block function on a forum, I got to you because you spew a ton of BS around and youre probably related to meltzer too

The use of the block function is baffling to you because you were the person it was invented for. Your posts are so universally bad, so routinely devoid of any meaningful content or intelligence that if someone told me that you're actually a mentally deficient boy bravely fighting through cerebral palsy, I would still ask why you were so clueless. The simple fact that you are able to type at all is frankly impressive given the handicap you start with.

So that's why people use the block function. Glad I could clear that up for you.

Well, not so much freak show level fights yet. But the championship shots are a joke, the whole pushing Bethe as a dangerous contender thing was a freak show, same with the way Joe sold the win as something incredible. The whole Conor traveling circus show was a joke.

Dana wanting to bring in Gina and give her a title fight or a catchweight fight was another example of the UFC being entertainment more than a sport.

So far no Giant Silva with a stick or Bonar with a masked man, but Dana is moving that way as it makes money sometimes.

I think we have different definitions of 'freak show'.
I do think that things like Holm over Tate & Gus getting a title shot are asinine though, but UFC is far closer to real sport than Pride, Strikeforce or Bellator was/is, IMO.

A sport with any matchmaking will always be suspect of making fights the promoter wants to (for political or financial reasons).
How many cans did Ali fight?

The use of the block function is baffling to you because you were the person it was invented for. Your posts are so universally bad, so routinely devoid of any meaningful content or intelligence that if someone told me that you're actually a mentally deficient boy bravely fighting through cerebral palsy, I would still ask why you were so clueless. The simple fact that you are able to type at all is frankly impressive given the handicap you start with.

So that's why people use the block function. Glad I could clear that up for you.

zSPWjNg.gif

Glad to here that I've probably wrecked you here at sometime which has got you upset

Ha
I use ignore, so I don't wind up manipulating threads with one-note or gimmick posters in an insipid debate.
But I see the stupidity when quoted though .... that can be good for a laugh (like your post brought to the table)

:D

handclap.gif

Never said that, but the last few years they give out title shots to whoever they feel like. That is the trend, more show, less legit sport. They are doing staged drama more and more too, every fight has some made up animosity now.

It is not a trend. It happens once in a while. It doesn't happen any more.or any less than it used to.

Its official
Ronda is the biggest star in MMA, GSP coming back wont top her

Nicely done. Any day that cockroach UL getting curb-stomped is a good day.

2 ^ users above
Both who have been left embarrassed by me. 1 ran to a mod and the other hit the block

Lol, good to know my post about wmma and the truth has hurt you at a certain stage

UFC 157:

People only bought this card for Machida/Henderson. Ronda was lucky to have two legends on the card.

UFC 190:
Shogun/Nog II maybe??

Lol
I know your being sarcastic
Because Ronda single handedly saved that sh8t fight with Machida

Well, not everybody wins. The UFC is morphing into WWE production and freak show fights. Look for Khloe Kardashian to fight Ronda and get the biggest numbers ever.
The days of trying to showcase the best fighters is over, its all about hype and drawing now.

How long have you been watching MMA though? UFC isn't morphing into WWE, it always HAS been WWE, just another style of it. It's been this way since the beginning. hell, the man that taught the Gracie's Jujitsu WAS a pro wrestler(though, not quite WWE style)!

We're talking about the same company that brought Ken Shamrock back in 2002? After six years out of the UFC, 4 of those years spent in WWE? They brought him back and leapfrogged him over a guy that had cleaned out the division for a shot at Tito. That fight is what essentially helped save the whole sport, triggered a mini-boom that led to the cable tv deal, you know so we can watch it on TV?

We're talking about the same company that brought Royce Gracie back after an 11 year hiatus and gave him a title shot against Matt Hughes right? Didn't that fight run the Staples Center in LA?!

Then that whole Brock mess. I can't lie, I was a hater of that shit back in the day, but then you look at what it did as far as business for the UFC, 4 pay per views with over a million buys is something to appreciate in this sport. It's about seeing the best fighters but it's also entertainment, without the entertainment the best fighters don't get paid, don't work, don't eat.

Last edited:
Wait I thought it was more than that? Didn't Dana say that Connor did over a million buys and Rhonda topped Connor?..I could be wrong but I remember the number being thrown around for Rhonda was 1.1 - 1.2 million or something.

Those are early trending estimates. They also said Floyd/Manny did 5 plus mill, it did 4.4 mill.

Second these are Meltzer's numbers, not 100 percent accurate, only UFC knows the truth.

also are only US/Canada PPV numbers, not counting few other countries like Australia who buy PPV or PPV bought straight from UFC.com site.

When all is said and done this event could have done over a million.

Ha, I guess it isn't just me that see's him as a complete dope :cool:

UL's wisdom on UFC 184's PPV buys, and the real draw that is Hendo vs. Machida:

Around 140k but will get bumped up to around 200 so they can pretend she is a star

You seriously think this will do less than half of Rousey vs McMann or do you just enjoy being wrong about everything?
Wrong?

I'm never wrong

Really stupid statement. So stupid that people think you're trolling.

When the numbers come out that it is above 300k buys, you are going to say it was 140k bumped up to 300k?

No

I'm going to say I tuned in for hendo vs machida

And DC

Lol Pat Cummins..the guy who was a barista the week before the fight? No one outside of hardcore MMA fans bought that card for any of those guys. Ronda may not be a huge 5 star draw, but she still brings in more buys than most of the roster.

The hype gets to some people
Ane you too if you think Ronda a star

http://forums.sherdog.com/forums/showthread.php?p=103812959#post103812959

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
durbanik916
Back