UFC 182 was a major disappointment

It's been a long time since i've been waiting up til 4 AM to see a card live, but like most here, i got caught up in the Jones - DC hype and really looked forward to the card.

There wasn't a single finish on the main card. Which is fine, plenty of great fights have ended in decisions, but there weren't any great fights on last night.

Lombard vs Burkman was meh. Lombard is a very good fighter, but he's so overrated on this site. Someone like Rory would tool him imo.

I like watching Horiguchi fight, but his fight wasn't really that great either.

Nate Marquardt looked so shot and old. He's not main card material anymore imo.

Cerrone vs Jury was the classical case of a young and up and coming fighter crashing into reality. Jury had nothing for Cerrone. Too bad, because i was really looking forward to that fight.

Jones vs DC was ok i suppose. There always was the chance that it was gonna be a clinchy dirty boxing affair, so i wasn't shocked that it be became one. Too bad that DC gassed, i though he did fairly well until he did. Very impressed by Jones wrestling, that has to be said.

All in all, this card didn't deliver. Not for me at least.

It was OK. The Cerrone fight was very good. Jones and DC delivered. I thought Lombard would finish but Burkman is a tough SOB. It was mediocre but not terrible.

They hyped it so much that it would have had to be like Shogun vs. Hendo in every fight to live up.. If you want to watch a guaranteed ass-kicking, watch Silva fight Nick Diaz.

I agree...How Diaz talked his way into fighting Silva is mystery to me.

And this is just another of a few reasons why I don't order the PPV at home anymore. Not worth the money to drop. I just go out to the sports bar, in my case it's Buffalo Wild Wings, and I sit back and eat dinner with my friends and spend maybe $10-$15.

I love the sport and will continue to support it like I have for the past 20 years so I understand not all fights will come out to be what we all hope for.

I don't understand the surprise because the card looked weak, outside of the main event.

I actually thought that Jones - DC was a very good fight. I had it wide open after 3 rounds, until Jones pulled away.

Cerrone - Jury was a disappointment. Jury just got outclassed. Learning experience.

The rest of the fights on the main card didn't look good on paper and pretty much didn't look so good in the cage either. It is a shame because there was some top talent. The match ups just weren't good.

Its was indeed a disapointment for the Jones rabid haters.

Some people hate him like he is a member of ISIS.

The cards I pay for always end up being a pile of butts.

I agree with TS for the most part. It was a very lackluster card. This is what the UFC has been doing for a while. When they have a highly anticipated main event they don't bother very much with making the undercard that appealing...

*Grumble something something about how Pride used to have 4 main event worthy fights on a single card etc*

Its why I haven't been into the UFC so much recently. I was looking forward to the Lombard fight because I have heard so much about him on here but never really cared to look up any videos and didn't catch any of his previous fights. WOW. Such hype. Much sweat. Not impressed. That guy will never be champion lol!!!!!

I'm from UK, stayed up till 6am

the cowboy and Jones fights made it all worth while

Yeah I was bored for the most part. I enjoyed the main event though.

I'm surprised that many of you thought that Jones vs DC was great. There was too much clinch n stall in that fight for me to find it great.

Seeing Jones take down Cormier in the first minute of the fight was worth the $60.

I wish I could have seen the look on the faces of every single person predicting DC would ragdoll Jones for 5 rounds.

I have a jon jones td highlight reel only $500

I have a jon jones td highlight reel only $500

I will buy it.

I bought his walkout shirt for ~$114

EyGGWxv.png

The first three rounds of the main event were high level and very exciting, the last two, anti-climatic. I also enjoyed Cerrone's performance.

Awful card. Watched with some friends who already aren't that into MMA, and a card like this certainly won't have them wanting to join again next time. Awful.

Another extremely bland UFC. Main event didn't live up to the hype either but it was alright.

I can't believe Jury lost though that was surprising.

I'm so glad I didn't buy this PPV. I was tempted because, yeah, the hype for Jones and Cormier, but from what I have read about pretty much the whole card, it would have been a total waste of money. Oh well, there's two UFNs this month that I will be able to watch on Fight Pass...I'm pretty sure either one, or both, of those cards will blow 182 out of the water...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoyceOuthw
Back