UFC 182 was a major disappointment

Mma is just a little boring sometimes. That's it's real wall on growth.

I feel their real wall on growth are oversaturation and card placement. No way in hell should Marquardt/Tavares and Gaudinot/Horiguchi be on a main card of DC/Jones. They also needed a stronger co main IMO

That's completely based on what $60 dollars means to you though.

Hey not arguing with there it always does in the long run. At the same damn time though how many people dropping that 60 were even close to being satisfied?

That's the real krux of the issue here

Hey not arguing with there it always does in the long run. At the same damn time though how many people dropping that 60 were even close to being satisfied?

That's the real krux of the issue here

Would they have been satisfied if it was free?

Clearly not, because we get free cards all the time that fans cry about. I'd say their satisfaction is more related to what they as fans are actually in this for and why they are watching.

This card was boring as hell. My one friend that used to buy a ton of PPV almost bought it I'm glad he didn't. If he did he certainly wouldn't be buying another one. I passed out watching the prelims and watched the main card when I woke up this morning. I even set my alarm just in case I fell asleep and just turned it off and went back to bed. It was definitely the right decision not even worth finding a stream.

Would they have been satisfied if it was free?

Clearly not, because we get free cards all the time that fans cry about. I'd say their satisfaction is more related to what they as fans are actually in this for and why they are watching.

Of course not lol. Satisfied can be a tricky word I realize, let me put it this way. While people clearly have been dissatisfied with some free cards nobody should call 182 the next ufc 100. At least if the card were free people would have gotten their money's worth.

I like you as a poster and i'm not tryin to be "that guy", all I am saying is for the majority of fans watching last night hardcores and casuals alike we did not receive a product worthy of our purchase. That is all I was getting at.

The main event was started well but the championship rounds were really really boring. Letdown.

This card was boring as hell. My one friend that used to buy a ton of PPV almost bought it I'm glad he didn't. If he did he certainly wouldn't be buying another one. I passed out watching the prelims and watched the main card when I woke up this morning. I even set my alarm just in case I fell asleep and just turned it off and went back to bed. It was definitely the right decision not even worth finding a stream.

This man gets it

Of course not lol. Satisfied can be a tricky word I realize, let me put it this way. While people clearly have been dissatisfied with some free cards nobody should call 182 the next ufc 100. At least if the card were free people would have gotten their money's worth.

I like you as a poster and i'm not tryin to be "that guy", all I am saying is for the majority of fans watching last night hardcores and casuals alike we did not receive a product worthy of our purchase. That is all I was getting at.

What we are really talking about here is value. Which will be based on:

-how emotionally invested you are
-how much you are effected by the price point

and this being a live event

-did the results end up how you wanted

I agree that UFC 182 was a major disappointment. The main event was decent but everything before was boring.

What we are really talking about here is value. Which will be based on:

-how emotionally invested you are
-how much you are effected by the price point

and this being a live event

-did the results end up how you wanted

I was heavily invested and again i am not talking about just the pricepoint maybe that is what is getting lost here. I mean by that the event failed to deliver, whether you streamed or paid full price. $9.99 was too much for last night's card let alone $59.99.

That's the way it goes sometimes.

Another card with 1/10th the star power could blow it out of the water fight entertainment wise. Cards with "big" names and fights have a lot more at stake so expect there to be a little bit more caution sometimes.

Except the only big name was jones...

I enjoyed it (aside from teh Reneau vs Dufresne fight, which was painful to watch).

Really impressed by Felder in his fight with Castillo as well. Look forward to seeing more from him.

I was heavily invested and again i am not talking about just the pricepoint maybe that is what is getting lost here. I mean by that the event failed to deliver, whether you streamed or paid full price. $9.99 was too much for last night's card let alone $59.99.

Well so far all you are bringing up is the price point which is far from the only factor when it comes to your perceived value.

Yeah it was a pretty bad card overall.

None of the fights were great and the main-event seemed better than it actually was because of all of the buildup.

Again, Gus took down Jones in the exact same way very early in their fight. So you can feel however you want, but just be consistent: if Gus isnt a better pure wrestler than Jones for taking him down off of strikes, then the same must hold true for Jones and DC. As it stands, they're basically brownie point takedowns, that look like something but achieve nothing. I think my point is legitimate because it's not my "opinion" that Jones was unable to take down Cormier again until the fourth round, it's a fact.

It's not enough for him to be the better fighter, he has to be the better wrestler too for catching a kick? A scenario which literally does not exist in the sport of Wrestling?

Getting a free single leg off a kick is not hard and has nothing to do with wrestling ability whatsoever.

The Big Brother Slam was more impressive seeing as how JJ actually went full Aldo for the first time in his career..

Gus took Jones down once in the first round, and then whiffed on his next 7 td attempts.

Jones took DC down like 4 or 5 times in the fight.

DC got ONE TD on Jones.

So even if you take out the first TD as a "fluke" or "not impressive" Jones STILL put DC on his ass more times.

Not the same.

Well so far all you are bringing up is the price point which is far from the only factor when it comes to your perceived value.

How so? I just said the card wouldn't have been good for me if I watched for free so of course i'm not gonna be happy with cards like last night being ppv worthy.

Seems as if it is you that is focused on said price point, it is and or was only one factor for me albeit a large one.

I was introducing my brother in law to mma and he was bored as shit.

Even the spinning backfist KO he was like "that guy didnt even mean to do that!".

Then when ppv starts all decisions. It all goes to boring ass decisions. Especially marquadt vs tavares. Then the cerrone myles sparring session. Then the biggest UFC fight never even lived up to its hype.

How so? I just said the card wouldn't have been good for me if I watched for free so of course i'm not gonna be happy with cards like last night being ppv worthy.

Seems as if it is you that is focused on said price point, it is and or was only one factor for me albeit a large one.

I listed exactly what goes into your perceived value, seems you are not really here to discuss it but rather want to shit talk the event.

I enjoyed it (aside from teh Reneau vs Dufresne fight, which was painful to watch).

Really impressed by Felder in his fight with Castillo as well. Look forward to seeing more from him.

At least that shit fight was on prelims. And we got the Felder KO for free. The greatest entertainment i got from a dud of a main card was from a man delivering standing to ground ass kicks.

Back