UFC 182 was a major disappointment

jones vs dc was fine, though it slowed down during the championship rounds

Of course it was fine. Fine to me is a perfect description and the word I myself used. But the main card itself was one of the worst since ufc149.

I didn't think the fights were too bad until Tavares/Marquardt and Cerrone/Jury. Tavares is always boring, so that wasn't shocking but Jury straight no showed and Cerrone didn't look too hot himself. The last minute of the fight was fun but that didn't make up for the rest of it. I thought Jones/Cormier was an excellent fight until the last round. They clinched the entire round and it ruined the fight.

The main card was a let down besides bones/incredulous for me.

Didn't catch the prelims.

dana is smiling now with +750 buys but this is the last card i will pay a dime for for a looooong time.

Let's jump on the new warwagon brother. The bansledgehammer, we shall sail our powerful vessel onto the shores of ufc 183. Undeterred by baldbeard we shall storm zuffa beach and lead our mutiny. We shall rise above in victory, our boycott.

It's not who but often how. It is more about the fights themselves than the combatants. Not one of the main card fights last night outside the ME proved it's worth as far as card placement. That's my point.

I know every card cannot be created equal but for the selljob heaped upon the masses the card way underdelivered. To me that point is completely inarguable.

I only went by what you said, which was the majority main card was fighters you didn't like enough.

So I'll ask you simply again, of the entire roster how many are you willing to pay to see fight? (I think this whole deserving/not deserving thing is a farce and would never use those terms to argue anything, but in this case by your standards fighters you would pay to see = the ones you think are deserving enough to be there)

There are over 400 to pick from this should be a very simple answer.

I only went by what you said, which was the majority main card was fighters you didn't like enough.

So I'll ask you simply again, of the entire roster how many are you willing to pay to see fight? (I think this whole deserving/not deserving thing is a farce and would never use those terms to argue anything, but in this case by your standards fighters you would pay to see = the ones you think are deserving enough to be there)

There are over 400 to pick from this should be a very simple answer.

No I spoke to their performance. That is where you are going wrong. It is nothing to do with the who necessarily it is the how. I don't know how else to tell you that.

You are asking me which fighters I will pay to watch. Plenty. You give me strong ppv main cards with good fight placement and i will tune in everytime. They need stronger main cards for these PPVs. I also want to see them go to the small cage fulltime.

So to answer your question the problem isn't what i am willing to pay for. It is what the ufc is asking us to pay for.

No I spoke to their performance. That is where you are going wrong. It is nothing to do with the who necessarily it is the how. I don't know how else to tell you that.

You are asking me which fighters I will pay to watch. Plenty. You give me strong ppv main cards with good fight placement and i will tune in everytime. They need stronger main cards for these PPVs. I also want to see them go to the small cage fulltime.

So to answer your question the problem isn't what i am willing to pay for. It is what the ufc is asking us to pay for.

And here in lies the problem.....this is a live sport you never know who's going to have the best performances and what the best fights are going to be.

You can't say none of them were "worthy" of a main card based on after the fact.

dana is smiling now with +750 buys but this is the last card i will pay a dime for for a looooong time.

I am right there with you. I am never going to pay for another PPV until after it airs and it gets great reviews. I want to know before I put down my money what I am buying.

My $60 last night was a waste of money.

And here in lies the problem.....this is a live sport you never know who's going to have the best performances and what the best fights are going to be.

You can't say none of them were "worthy" of a main card based on after the fact.

The problem I see is with their being a problem about what I said. It is increasingly easy to see there are fewer and fewer ppv worthy cards these days. Even with the 400 plus fighters you keep bringing up the roster is spread too thin. And Jesus Christ what does it being live have to do with anything? Aren't all sports technically live?

Joe Silva, Sean Shelby, dana who the fuck ever needs to give us something more on these main cards. Last night's main card did not fit the bill they sold the fans, even before it's abysmal end.

You can't say you don't know what the best fights or performances are gonna be when the entire model is fucked to begin with. Business is about results my friend, and last night was doomed before it got out of first gear. It was destined to likely fail unless like you mention the unexpected, exciting, or improbable happened. None of which did.

Last edited:
It is increasingly easy to see there are fewer and fewer ppv worthy cards these days.

You keep ducking the question about what that is. I know you've tried to have a discussion which is admirable but it's no longer going anywhere.

I'm from UK, stayed up till 6am

It's a long slog staying up from 1am to 6am.
I do sometimes but more often than not I just record it all and get up at about 5am, so I can fast forward through all the adverts and promos i've seen 100 times already.

You keep ducking the question about what that is. I know you've tried to have a discussion which is admirable but it's no longer going anywhere.

Tell me how I am ducking the question? I have given multiple answers

Back