UFC 182: Post-fight Press Conference Discussion

Hmm, either his chiropractor, his radiologist, his plastic surgeon, or his undertaker. Getting the team ready for his eventual slaughter at the hands of the greatest in the world, Jon Jones.

heheheheheh

So let's do predictions for the fight night bonuses...one of them should be obvious.

POTN: Felder and Garbrandt
FOTN: Jones/Cormier

Agree? Disagree? Both?

Agree

This Mortal Kombat music is getting old.

JBJ did something before the bell. Classy or not, defend yourself at all times.

DC did something *AFTER* the bell. In fact, the ref took a shot from DC.

You can judge JBJ for playing a game, but it's within the rules.

You saw it all the time with Spider, showboat to get a reaction.

Just like another eye poke and grabbing the fence. Yeah definitely a rule follower

you need a link from the media... the ufc forever still cant seem to get the hang of how to set it up, it's either lagging behind or they just start it midway

Whats the hold up on the presser? Did DC grab a gun in the back and shoot up the joint outta frustration?

The UFC needs to stop showing promos and interviewing non contenders like Connor and they won't run out of time

Jon Jones talks shit after the fight - "Classless piece of shit! What a moron! Punk, that's why you have no fans!"

Nick Diaz talks shit after the fight - "Hell yeah Nick! You tell that motherfucker!"

Jones was so restrained in his post-fight shit-talk. It was kind of embarrassing to listen to him say "I'm, uh, listen, uh, sorry for being classless, but I just... don't like Daniel, and that's why I'm saying this stuff." Nick doesn't hold anything back, and you can tell it comes from a real place. If Jones was more like the Jones of the "you there, pussy?" in terms of shit-talking, more people would embrace it. He still isn't sure if he wants to play the heel or not.

The biggest reason for DC losing was his gas tank.

He slowed down considerably after the first 3 rounds, then Jones began to dominate the positioning.

Disagree somewhat. JJ is a tough mofo with no quit in him. He was tired too, but he just kept fighting, just like he did in the fight with Gus. DC got beat mentally. If he had been having his way with Jones, he could have been significantly more gassed than he was and would have kept coming.

Still had the energy to lift JJ and throw him down in the last round... had more pop on his punches than Jones by the middle of the third. Then JJ saw DC start to break came back to life.

lol, never thought of that til you mentioned it. Sounds like Killer Instincts too. Gave me a quick chuckle.
It's the classic "character select" music in American fighting games.

Thought I was late but it looks like it hasn't started yet

Absolutely. Cormier has never fought in a 4th or 5th round of a championship fight and looked tired in those rounds. However, in the end, Jones showed the world why he is the LHW GOAT. Great performance by him when he needed it the most, especially with those repeated takedowns in the 4th.

he fought Josh Barnett.

I wonder how this goes..

Was a good first 3 rds, but as i kinda assumed DC gassed. Jones classless as always and herb Dean making sure the fence is secure as usual...terrible last two rds.

jones sounding like floyd the way he is breaking down the fight.

No, the main reason DC lost is because Jones could damage him but he couldn't damage Jones.

I called this even before the fight.

At HW DC has decent striking because he's faster than the HW's, at LHW his striking is diminished because he's fighting in a faster lighter div, now he's the slow striker.

So all that he's left with is his wrestling and as i said before the fight ...... that won't be enough to stop Jones, in the end he couldn't even wrestle him.

I'm 5'11 like DC and used to train at HW and MW (my natural weight), I can do a lot more damage at MW because I can punch much harder, I was a better grappler at HW but if I couldn't get someone down it seriously limited me.

In the first half of the fight DC landed the better strikes and had definitely had the better headshots.

he tired out, because either he isn't in as good a shape as jones, Jon was able to wear him down, or a combination of the two.

Cormier will not show up. He will be too ashamed to show his face, he didn't back up any of the trash talk. It was just another easy title defense for Jon, DC's only pride is he didn't get finished.

I disagree that that was an easy title defense. Jones was being challenged the first three rounds.

Back