UFC 182: Jon Jones vs. Daniel Cormier PBP (Discussion)

I was disappointed when Jones called himself out for "classless" remarks or whatever he said after the fight. I was finally starting to dig his persona but then that annoyed me. lol Dammit.

why are ppl complaining about jones throwing those punches? dc punches were the ones after the bell

Excellent fight! It was a closer fight than the score cards indicate. Cormier did very well, great win for Jones!

I was amazed at how many kicks and straights Cormier ate. I thought he was gonna get KO-ed.

I was disappointed when Jones called himself out for "classless" remarks or whatever he said after the fight. I was finally starting to dig his persona but then that annoyed me. lol Dammit.

agreed. he should've never apologized - especially so immediate - it made him look worse. heat of the moment i guess.

Arthur is in the 1st year of a 5 year/$30 million contract with the Colts and never really did much of anything on a regional or national level in high school age wrestling. He was the NY state heavyweight champ; join the other 140 or so other "state" heavyweight champs.

I thought he retired from the NFL sorry about that I had seen photos of him training at Jacksons.

lol we can actually have a discussion, no 5 page advance when i refresh

So has anyone made a gif of Jones doing the "Suck it" motion after the bell?

Yep but he hit those from the outside, not the clinch, which was my point. DC was dominating the clinch boxing until the 4th and 5th rounds when both guys lost the energy to strike from the clinch and ended up just clinch wrestling instead, which strongly favored Jones.

That left hand to the body Jones hit early was magnificent btw.

Jones did very well against DC in clinch kickboxing. I don't get the boxing restriction. He landed short elbows, big knees to the body, hooks to the body, and
other less significant strikes.

Cormier def. landed the more significant clinch striking shots early on but
I saw Jones using smarter shots that paid dividends as the fight wore on.

Jon was outstruck in the clinch boxing. Total strikes landed were relatively close, and most of Jon's advantage in strikes landed was from the outside ... DC ahead in the clinch boxing strikes, where almost all of his strikes were landed.

The fight was really lost when DC lost the gas required to keep striking from the clinch and had to wrestle from the clinch ... at that point it just became a physical contest of clinch wrestling combined with outside strikes, and Jon is better at that.

I agree with most.. Daniel did great with clinch strikes and you're right, he tired and Jon took over. But, most strikes landed from outside?.. I disagree with you now, you could be right though as a re-watch is always in order for 5 rounders with me.. Never-the-less, I appreciate others who pay attention to details.

that was so dumb. friggin WWF move. he must've watched that crap as a kid like we all did.

753ea5b30f0c4dcfe84ba90543c26418.gif

its at the end of this gif

I just feel sad for DC, and it's just so crystal clear you have to have both reach and cardio to beat Jones. I'm fearful Gus gets ko'd by AJ and Jones moves on from the LHW division undefeated. Hopefully Cain can do something.

Bones Jones should NOT leave the LHW division.

See Roy Jones Jr moving up to HW in boxing. The same thing will probably happen to Bones and it will be for similar reasons.

wow what a great fight. I was wrong Cormier couldn't ragdoll Jones like I thought he could. Jones' tenacity and incredible cardio led him to be able to strike in all ranges at all times and broke Cormier down. By the fourth round Cormier was broken mentally and Jones picked him apart from then on and did whatever he wanted to him. Cormier took Jones down once, but Jones took Cormier down two or three times. What a fight. The first three rounds up until the eye poke were amazing tit for tat rounds with both fighters looking equally dominant.

I am very happy Jon never poked Cormier in the eyes after his warning. He cheated, but he wasn't fucking blatant about it like with Gustafson and Teixeira.

It was a great fight. And a great night of fights. Jury got whooped by Cowboy. Brad Tavares technical striking tore up Nate Marquart. Kyoji Horiguchi the little Machida tore up Gaudinot. Lombard smashed Burkman. We saw an awesome late round knockout by Team Alpha Male Cody Garbrant on Brimmage. And the Irish Dragon tore up Danny Castillo.

I really enjoyed watching Danny Castillo get dismantled.

Great event, had a wonderful time, and can't wait to see Connor Mcgregor whooping Dennis Sivers ass in the near future.

Cormier should have been going for doubles or singles switching off to doubles, trying to hit single lifts or a high crotch on a guy 5-6 inches taller than you is really a tough finish in wrestling and even harder in mma (because of the additional defense the opponent can use). I really thought Cormier would mix up his takedown offense, either he has fallen into the rut of just taking one shot or he really should have had that knee surgery.

Cormier said he was gunna tug away at Jones belt for the first 2 rounds & then Jon would wilt. Pretty ironic

Also DC looked mentally down in his corner. Very bizarre & out of character.

DC fan for life though

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Biden's Diaper
Back