UFC 182: Jon Jones vs. Daniel Cormier PBP (Discussion)

tumblr_ncz6z3dLuC1qaa8d1o2_250.gif

I'm sorry, were you trying to hurt my feelings or something?

One coach was screaming to go for the takedown, the other for the KO punches. In back to back sentences.

Cormier was finding Jones on the feet. Ultimately he gassed and Jones was the better athlete.

Agreed. Didn't mean for it to seem like I was disagreeing with you, just adding something I thought/noticed.

Uhhh... lemme see:

LeBron
Gronk
Johnny Manziel
Floyd Mayweather
Kobe
Richard Sherman
and so on...

and as long as they win - they can do no wrong. as soon as they start losing - it's all over. see Manziel.

5 takedowns baby. Over an olympian no less. This was an easy Jones win could have been 5-0, never question the GOAT again. Just took out the number 2 heavyweight and made it look easy. Who is going to stop him?

What was it that Jones said to Cormier when they first met that offended him - "I bet I can take you down".

DC would still beat everyone else in the LHW div imo, including Gus. And he is the clear 2nd or 3rd best HW in the world. He's not going anywehre.

I agree with what you said.
I said good bye cause he's probably not going to fight for the title again.

Now all the jokers are clamoring for Gus lol.

Cormier was winning until the eye poke. Coincidence?

Also fuck Herb Dean for allowing two rounds of wall n' stall.

Yeah, eye pokes really gas people out. Dude, like seriously. This was a fight where Jones hardly did the stiff arm thing at all. It's a really weak fucking excuse.

"winning fixes everything." in other words - as long as Bones keeps winning - nothing else matters. he could take a big crap in the middle of the cage after each match and it wouldn't matter.

Not according to Noam Chomsky.

I'm a fan but that punch at the end was unnecessary and took away from what was a great performance and heart he displayed . He definitely needs to be talked to

What fight were you watching??? The punches that Jon threw after raising his hands in the final ten seconds were perfectly legal. It was DC who threw his return punches after the buzzer sounded. DC's fault for dropping his guard when the fight was still in play.

Sorry to say it but easy fight for Jon. Defended all but one TD, spent 0 seconds on the ground, imposed his will and literally made DC his b#$%h.

How many take downs did Bones get? 4? Beat him at the very thing everyone said would spell Bones' doom, wrestling.

Cormier is a blitz fighter with varied dirty boxing and heavy takedown threat. I don't mean easy, but this fight was easy for Jackson/ Wink to prep for as far as what to expect. Like every other opponent Jon has faced, they train for fighters trying to get inside of Jon's range.

This is why Jon is so f'n great at clinch boxing. If he's not facing Machida, his oppenent will likely fall into his pocket fighting.. and this is what he trains day in, day out.

Jon was outstruck in the clinch boxing. Total strikes landed were relatively close, and most of Jon's advantage in strikes landed was from the outside ... DC ahead in the clinch boxing strikes, where almost all of his strikes were landed.

The fight was really lost when DC lost the gas required to keep striking from the clinch and had to wrestle from the clinch ... at that point it just became a physical contest of clinch wrestling combined with outside strikes, and Jon is better at that.

Cutting weight didn't affect Cormier before because he fought a jobber and Hendo sans trt.

What fight were you watching??? The punches that Jon threw after raising his hands in the final ten seconds were perfectly legal. It was DC who threw his return punches after the buzzer sounded. DC's fault for dropping his guard when the fight was still in play.

Yup, just cause Jon raised his hands doesn't mean the fight was over. Plus, you can kinda see from the gif that it looks like DC might have said something, and Jon responded. He looks like he said something while he was throwing that shot.

Why didn't the ref stand them up more in the 4th and 5th rounds?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MaybeHawk
Back