UFC 182: Jon Jones vs. Daniel Cormier PBP (Discussion)

Thought Cormier won the second but other 4 were Jones. Jones clinch work is some of the best man

B6hgNVsIAAEF6Og.jpg

Did anyone else notice Jones looking away before throwing a strike?

Yep. He did that a few times before throwing a big left. I thought he was setting DC up for something, like: look away, here comes the left again, DC is ready, then Jones does something else. Didn't pan out that way but definitely noticed it.

Surprised it was 49-46 unanimous. I gave Cormier rounds 2 and 3. Sucks that he gassed after round 3.

The amount of wall and stall they allow is appalling. There is a definite difference between pinning your opponent to the fence and working strikes and takedown attempts compared to just working to hold them against the fence eating up time. Apparently, mma referees are about the only people involved in mma that are not aware of this strategy.

Really depends were their arse is.

Arse high he is stalling, arse low they are trying to take him down.

I didnt see much need for a break up.

Surprised it was 49-46 unanimous. I gave Cormier rounds 2 and 3. Sucks that he gassed after round 3.

Meh 3 could have gone either way imo, gotta learn to score 10-10's while I'm watching cuz thats about how I feel now. 10 point must system doesn't really do this fight justice though, Cormier did so little to effect significant offense throughout the fight...

Well at least one judge gave Cormier each of Rd 2 and Rd 3, so obviously it wouldn't be unreasonable for someone to give Cormier both rounds and score it 48-47.

Close, boring fight.

Back