UFC 182: Jon Jones vs. Daniel Cormier PBP (Discussion)

How no one talked here about Jones' balance?

It was just unbeliveable when DC went for a single, and Jones defend away from the 'wall' with just balance. I just couldn't believe it. I mean, for his height and body? I never saw that.

It was just unbeliveable when DC went for a single, and Jones defend away from the 'wall' with just balance. I just couldn't believe it. I mean, for his height and body? I never saw that.

Greco Roman.

Greco Roman.
Meaning what? Jones won a junior regional tournament. Cormier won the same and better at the junior level; also was a cadet world placer in greco.

Jones' height & length was an advantage to him, Cormier obviously had difficulty finishing a takedown on a guy much taller than him, as I've posted before I was surprised by that because I thought Cormier would have been practicing finishing on a tall guy. Evidently that didn't happen.

Also from Cormier not dropping in on the finish or taking shots, I wonder if that knee injury was worse than let on, maybe he should have had that surgery.

The question is does this open the door for Jon's older brother to enter the heavyweight ranks. Jon said his older brother could beat Cain? He even said he could make the weight cut to get down to 265. His brother Arthur Jones retired from the NFL. He is 28 years of age and has been training with Jon at Jackson's apparently? Serious question because his brother was a nationally ranked wrestler I believe?

Um, does Arthur know he retired? He is starting for the Colts in their playoff game tomorrow. You might want the check before you post brah.

I was disappointed when Jones called himself out for "classless" remarks or whatever he said after the fight. I was finally starting to dig his persona but then that annoyed me. lol Dammit.

I liked it. I hate when fighters talk all that jazz, just to say after the fight they were trying to promote the fight.

Lol, at anyone who thought DC even had a slight chance to win this fight. Glover, Gus, Johnson, Q. Jackson and many more will beat DC.
You had me until Q. Jackson! Rampage? Really? Is that supposed to be a joke?

Jones' long legs give him unbelievable leverage and with his height, he can put more of his weight away from his high center of gravity, making it even harder to take down. With Gus being taller, the distance between center of gravity and the leverage needed is much smaller, which is why he's been the only one to successfully take him off balance the way that he did.

did not see the fight yet, but no surprise here that jones won... still think his hardest challenge is ahead of him. winner of gus/rumble...
funny everyone is surprised jones still comes across as an asshole... get real ppl he is one of the best fighters ever, though a poor human beeing...
i actually thought dc would have a chance, but to me even before the fight gus and rumble were ahead of him
who did dc beat at 205 before this fight? hendo? i love hendo but he is done... cummins? who lol

the day will come bones loses...

GOAT. Jones. Really?

Some fighters are in the right place at the right time and I think JBJ is one of them.

What a frustrating fight to watch.

The single leg is the easiest takedown to get in on and the hardest to finish when the guy is a lot taller than you are. I'm not surprised Jones was able to do that, he knows how to move and Cormier did a poor decision at how to finish his shots.

Greco Roman.
No.

Did anyone else notice Jones looking away before throwing a strike?

The single leg is the easiest takedown to get in on and the hardest to finish when the guy is a lot taller than you are. I'm not surprised Jones was able to do that, he knows how to move and Cormier did a poor decision at how to finish his shots.

No.

Cmon,YOUR opinion is that Cormier the legendary wrestler made a poor decision?
What are your wrestling credentials may i ask?

Cormier didn't cause he couldn't .Decisions had nothing to do with it.

Cmon,YOUR opinion is that Cormier the legendary wrestler made a poor decision?
What are your wrestling credentials may i ask?

Cormier didn't cause he couldn't .Decisions had nothing to do with it.
Your inquiry has nothing to do with the finishes he attempted. Common saying in wrestling is that the single leg is the easiest takedown to get in on and the hardest to finish.
Cormier didn't adjust, he went for the same shot and same finishes on a guy that obviously showed he could defend said attacks. He had the step in, lift and dump attempt and an attempt to get the leg up and trip which is a low success finish against a guy much taller than you. And his attempt at the tree top finish was rather poor, he didn't lift Jones' leg higher than mid torso.
This isn't super secret stuff, when your opponent is taller and langy if you shot a single leg you either finish fast or you set up the finish and move quickly and violently. You don't sit, hold and fight.

Gonna watch the fight again without the commentary.

Did you score it for Cormier? I didn't see anything controversial about Jon's victory here.

Entertaining fight nontheless. I was on on the edge of my seat the first 3 rounds, but then the fight got bogged down in the championship rounds. Pretty anti-climatic end to a good contest.

Your inquiry has nothing to do with the finishes he attempted. Common saying in wrestling is that the single leg is the easiest takedown to get in on and the hardest to finish.
Cormier didn't adjust, he went for the same shot and same finishes on a guy that obviously showed he could defend said attacks. He had the step in, lift and dump attempt and an attempt to get the leg up and trip which is a low success finish against a guy much taller than you. And his attempt at the tree top finish was rather poor, he didn't lift Jones' leg higher than mid torso.
This isn't super secret stuff, when your opponent is taller and langy if you shot a single leg you either finish fast or you set up the finish and move quickly and violently. You don't sit, hold and fight.

i don

Back