UFC 166: Cain Velasquez vs Junior Dos Santos III

Cain will grapple him and gas him out in the first round, it will drain his KO power. Once JDS loses his KO power, he loses the fight.

Cain UD.

If JDS beats Cain , it sets up an interesting revenge scenario for Werdum, lets face it this time making a name off of someone actually applies as JDS really did make a name off of Werdum with that upset KO, they are both much better than that fight too, and not to mention Werdum won't be underestimating Junior like he did the first time, he was still pissed about being passed over for a title shot and came in fat for that fight , not to mention at that time he had no real strength and conditioning program, hell he didn't start one until after losing the decision to Overeem and he wasn't able to take him to the ground and dictate it the way he wanted too. As for JDS that was his Debut and since then he has just gained more experience and gotten better.

Yeah, i remember that. JDS was totally unkown and was a total dog in that fight and then came that uppercut from hell. Who knows what would've happened to Werdum in his UFC career had that fight gone in a different way. So a rematch with JDS would definitely have a cool story to go along. JDS is still a terrible fight for Werdum though, he lacks the wrestling to use his stellar BJJ vs him and we all know who the better striker is.

If Werdum faces Cain , I would favor Cain due to speed and pace but if he is overzealous he could eat some Werdum knees in the clinch or if he is in top position in Werdum's guard he better pay attention because Werdum is lethal off of his back.

That's how i see it as well. Would love to see Werdum's guard vs Cain's top game, but i don't see the fight going to the ground unless Cain wants it to. Cain is much faster and has better cardio while Werdum's cardio has always been iffy.

I am slightly leaning towards JDS. Like, 51:49 in favour.

Outside of a punchers chance, Junior isn't really on Cain's level.

Yeah, i remember that. JDS was totally unkown and was a total dog in that fight and then came that uppercut from hell. Who knows what would've happened to Werdum in his UFC career had that fight gone in a different way. So a rematch with JDS would definitely have a cool story to go along. JDS is still a terrible fight for Werdum though, he lacks the wrestling to use his stellar BJJ vs him and we all know who the better striker is.

That's how i see it as well. Would love to see Werdum's guard vs Cain's top game, but i don't see the fight going to the ground unless Cain wants it to. Cain is much faster and has better cardio while Werdum's cardio has always been iffy.

I would favor either man over Werdum as well but I wouldn't be shocked if Werdum pulled guard he is one of the few fighters that would do it and make it work for him.

I would favor either man over Werdum as well but I wouldn't be shocked if Werdum pulled guard he is one of the few fighters that would do it and make it work for him.

That would be so sick man, i would love to see him make his special trollface with the belt around his waist.

That would be so sick man, i would love to see him make his special trollface with the belt around his waist.

That would be cool , I wouldn't mind him getting the belt he did a great job improving since the JDS loss and an impressive hit list to include being the only man to ever submit Fedor and Big Nog

That would be cool , I wouldn't mind him getting the belt he did a great job improving since the JDS loss and an impressive hit list to include being the only man to ever submit Fedor and Big Nog

His MT has become formidable and the BJJ has always been there. The fact that he subbed both Fedor and Nog a testament just how good his BJJ is, i mean you hear Rogan rave about guys who are "high level BJJ belts" but Werdum is just on another level. Imagine if Werdum had wrestling as well, he would be an absolute monster in that case.

His MT has become formidable and the BJJ has always been there. The fact that he subbed both Fedor and Nog a testament just how good his BJJ is, i mean you hear Rogan rave about guys who are "high level BJJ belts" but Werdum is just on another level. Imagine if Werdum had wrestling as well, he would be an absolute monster in that case.

Yup with Werdum his BJJ is the weapon that should be feared so guys have to work in TDD obviously but it helps that Werdum doesn't have the wrestling of say a Cain, but then again not many do.

Yup with Werdum his BJJ is the weapon that should be feared so guys have to work in TDD obviously but it helps that Werdum doesn't have the wrestling of say a Cain, but then again not many do.

He would be feared as hell and the threat of the TD would help his striking as well, making his opponents hesitant to exchange with him and so.

He would be feared as hell and the threat of the TD would help his striking as well, making his opponents hesitant to exchange with him and so.

He still needs to shore up his boxing , but his MT and clinch work is really effective now though

Hoping for JDS, but it could obviously go either way, as the previous two fights have proven.

JDS by sub from his back...

J/K, via brutal knockout 8)

810920952.jpg

Cain is my all time favorite HW, however I have a gut feeling JDS is going to KO him.

JDS wasn't himself in their 2nd fight. The over training really affected him.

The fight in reality is 50/50.

I hope my gut feeling is wrong.

I don't know about your gut feeling but that "over-training" bullshit is definitely wrong. JDS wasn't himself because he was getting worked. JDS hits hard and always has a puncher's chance, but Cain is far and away the superior fighter in every aspect outside of punching power.

Back