UFC 166: Cain Velasquez vs Junior Dos Santos III

I might have a heart attack... uber excited (and nervous) for this fight...

Know exactly what you mean. My heart is jumping outta my chest for practically every co-main & main event. If I weren't hypertensive already I'd probably think it's funny.

JDS knows 2 things:

1) He CAN walk through Cain's punches (he took over a 100 right?)
2) He CAN defend many of Cain's TDs and get back off the ground (defended 2/3 TDs though I do wonder if Cain wanted JDS to return to feet I dunno)

SO I think that he can look for his big punches early and not be afraid of Cain's weapons- which proved most useful over the course of 25 mins. In other words Junior must go all out to get that KO punch- and he can try knowing he will be OK. Im hoping for JDS in 1st or 2nd.

JDS knows 2 things:

1) He CAN walk through Cain's punches (he took over a 100 right?)
2) He CAN defend many of Cain's TDs and get back off the ground (defended 2/3 TDs though I do wonder if Cain wanted JDS to return to feet I dunno)

SO I think that he can look for his big punches early and not be afraid of Cain's weapons- which proved most useful over the course of 25 mins. In other words Junior must go all out to get that KO punch- and he can try knowing he will be OK. Im hoping for JDS in 1st or 2nd.

I just hope he doesn't turn "Zombie Mode On" doing that, like in the first round of the 2nd fight.

according to my Rock 'Em Sock 'Em Robots simulations, Cain wins 9/10 times all without even a takedown.

I got butterflies in my stomach already. I don't care who wins, I like both guys equally, I just hope it's an amazing back and forth fight.

i don't really care who wins, just want to see a good fight. so i'll root for the underdog, and vote for JDS.

I just can't see JDS upping his game so much that he can flip the butt whooping he took in the second fight. It's a heavyweight fight and JDS has hammers... it can go either way. All things considered, Cain should thump him for 5 rounds.

Poll is very close as it should be. Who the hell knows what will happpen. Cain could dominate for 5 rounds or JDS could rock Cain early and finish it.

I can't wait for tonight. May the best man win.

With that said; WAR JDS!

After much though, I believe JDS lands that one hard punch during the 25 minutes and drops Cain. I think he gets his belt back.

Can't wait. Hardest fight for me to pick in a long time.

Cain probably takes it, but I'm pulling for Junior as always.

I said Cain, but now I'm picking JDS. Can't change my vote though.

Junior (Hopefully). Would love to see another KO

Back