UFC 157 will be a bust

Polish Punisher

Black Belt
@Black
Reaction score
I wont be getting this card and I know many other fans who wont either. You have 2 of the best Male MMA fighters in the sport in Lyoto and Hendo and they are getting shit on by playing second fiddle to 2 female fighters they could both beat up with one arm tied behind their back.

Most UFC fans do not want to see women on ppv's when their money could be spent to see top male talent.

It would have been one thing if Dana tested the waters by putting this fight on the under card or even the opening fight on the ppv, but to make it the headline when there is no talent pool for women's MMA looks like amateur hour.

Rousey will fight twice and be left with no other challenges to face.

Whats the point?

I agree.

I don't get why Dana didn't make them a Headliner of a FOX card or something free.

I won't be paying. Going to BWW to watch.

yup, this will be the first ppv i won't buy since i started watching. i always want the ufc to be successful except for this time, i hope it fails miserably and i hope Liz wins. ill be at bww or hooters watching this one and i will leave after Hendo/Machida

I wont be getting this card and I know many other fans who wont either. You have 2 of the best Male MMA fighters in the sport in Lyoto and Hendo and they are getting shit on by playing second fiddle to 2 female fighters they could both beat up with one arm tied behind their back.

Most UFC fans do not want to see women on ppv's when their money could be spent to see top male talent.

It would have been one thing if Dana tested the waters by putting this fight on the under card or even the opening fight on the ppv, but to make it the headline when there is no talent pool for women's MMA looks like amateur hour.

Rousey will fight twice and be left with no other challenges to face.

Whats the point?

Don't buy it then.

I wonder if Dana gives a shit anymore or if he's so rich he figures fuck it, Im rich.

First the whole debacle that the Sonnen/Jones fiasco and now this.

Some very bad decisions being made at Zuffa.

I won't buy it either. You have to vote with your wallet. If the PPV does well, the UFC will continue to promote mixed-sex cards. I have absolutely no problems with WMMA in general, I just don't want them on male MMA PPVs. There is a limited number of fights that will take place on each card, so for every female fight with mediocre talent, there could have been a male fight with more talent in its place. Just like I don't want the WNBA to come out and start playing during an NBA game, I don't want WMMA to be shown at the same time as men's MMA.

I wonder if Dana gives a shit anymore or if he's so rich he figures fuck it, Im rich.

Maybe he doesn't give a fuck, but the Fertittas do, I guarantee that. Stagnation might as well be death in the business world. If you're not winning, you're losing. I know they're friends, but I'm sure the Fertittas would shitcan Dana if they felt he started steering the UFC in the wrong direction.

IDC about the order of the the fights, but mark my words Hendo-Machida will be a boring fight. I don't know why anyone would think it wouldn't be. Machida is gonna leg kick him, and jump back 20 feet, rinse and repeat for the first 2 rounds. He might be a bit more aggressive in the third as Hendo will undoubtedly be tired by then, but I'm not that excited for this fight. Menjiavar-Faber is the fight I'm looking forward to.

Yes UFC 157 will be quite "Busty" indeed...:)

I'm still gonna buy it. Cause I want to watch fights, not whine about them like a bunch of pussies.

Don't buy it then.

Im not, that's my right as the customer. Its also my right to voice my opinion on the subject.

Over the years I've probably bought 50-plus PPV's.

That means I've paid the UFC easily in the neighborhood of $3,000.

So I can say and do whatever the hell I want when it comes to the UFC and its poor decision making these days.

Not buying either. Hope it does terrible. WMMA belongs on FUEL. Just gonna watch Hendo/Machida for free.

I'm still gonna buy it. Cause I want to watch fights, not whine about them like a bunch of pussies.

So it's whining to discuss your thoughts about something? If that's how you feel, why did you join a message board dedicated to discussing MMA? Or is it only whining if it's not what you believe in?

Yeah, you can also get on youtube and watch a bunch of bum fights for free while jerking off into your cereal noob.

Don't buy it and STFU. Women are fighting in the MMA and that's just something you have to get over. If you want to argue it's not a legit title fight because Carmouche doesn't have a real case, I hope you would raise as much a fuss about Jones/Sonnen, GSP/Diaz, and even Aldo/Edgar. All of those fights, including Rousey/Carmouche, are title fights though. Title fights headline cards. End of story!

"Top male talent." "...playing second fiddle to 2 female fighters they could both beat up with one arm tied behind their back." What a misogynist thread this is. Machida and Hendo could probably beat up flyweights with one arm tied behind their backs too - and?

We'll see how it goes. Title fight plus Hendo Vs Machida as co-main isn't a bad card.

I'm all for WMMA and having them be the main fight on a card but not this one

a lot of fans are really pissed about this being the main fight and I don't Blame them at all

I'd rather have the possibility of Hendo Machida going 5 rounds then see Rousey win in sixty seconds with an arm bar

I'll buy it for the simple fact that Lyoto Machida is my favourite fighter. I'll probably won't watch the other fights though.

Back