UFC 157 will be a bust

Women's MMA needs this. At best it can be a sign of good things to come for them. At worst, it fails and is the beginning of the end for high profile WMMA

Did you get sand in your vagina?

I pay for a product. If I dont like the product, I will make my opinion known and I will vote with my wallet.

Misogynist? Get over it most men dont watch women's sports and that will never change. No amount of social programing is going to change that fact.

Women have the right to have WMMA, but I wont watch it. If you will, good for you, but your not going to change my mind and I'll still make this thread.

I don't have a vagina to get sand into, but it sounds like you feel that your manhood is being threatened or something by WMMA having a prominent outlet.

Too bad the tide of history is against you. People wanted to have sports separated based on race not too long ago; look at where we are now. I fully support WMMA and I hope it will inspire young women to get involved in martial arts and reject social conditioning that tells them they can't be strong and self-sufficient. That's one of the bigger messages here that a lot of you guys, being short-sighted, are missing. Comparatively, complaints about Machida/Hendo being shortchanged ring hollow. Moreover, I'm not sure that Machida/Hendo is a very compelling fight. I see it as a good decision win, maybe a submission even, for Machida. Hendo has one weapon and I can't see him hitting Machida with it.

You're all a bunch of cry babies "mummy mummy they're letting women fight in the main event, mummy mummy it's not fair"

Grow the fuck up, if you enjoy MMA and the talent and skill involved you should watch regardless of who's fighting. As for putting it on a PPV as the main event it shows he's putting faith in women and not just play the safe road.

You're right.

I enjoy watching mma for talent and skill which is why I won't be watching the main event.

In a sport where two men wrestle on the ground in nothing but shorts, youd think two women wrestling on the ground in little more than shorts and a sports bra would be a welcomed addition.

im ok with wmma but machida and henderson deserve 5 rounds, this fight just screams war. dana or who ever are not thinking clearly, to much coke

from a pure strategy perspective, what they should have done is pair her up with an established name champion and make her fight the co-feature title bout.

for instance, co-feature to GSP vs. Nick Diaz. that card is going to sell big and if Dana wanted to cultivate more interest in WMMA- that's a good way to do it.

putting her on this card, which already looks like its going to be nowhere near as stacked as the ppv and fox card that precede it, reeks of overconfidence. it's overconfidence in rousey's drawing ability. it's overconfidence in the appeal and lure of female mma.

In a sport where two men wrestling on the ground in nothing but shorts, youd think two women wrestling on the ground in little more than shorts and a training bra would be a welcomed addition.

Seriously! Do you guys realize so many people ignorantly consider MMA and grappling to be "gay" and whatever else? Just as I oppose misogynist attitudes against WMMA, I oppose homophobic attitudes against MMA.

Great to see more people think this card is an absolute joke. I hope it gets the lowest ppv buy rate in UFC history.

from a pure strategy perspective, what they should have done is pair her up with an established name champion and make her fight the co-feature title bout.

for instance, co-feature to GSP vs. Nick Diaz. that card is going to sell big and if Dana wanted to cultivate more interest in WMMA- that's a good way to do it.

putting her on this card, which already looks like its going to be nowhere near as stacked as the ppv and fox card that precede it, reeks of overconfidence. it's overconfidence in rousey's drawing ability. it's overconfidence in the appeal and lure of female mma.

This is a good point. The UFC is essentially banking on Rousey carrying this card, but it would've been better to pair it with another title fight. More exposure and less pressure off the bat.

Im looking forward to schaub getting ktfo by schaub....think itz a pretty good overall card...im not complaining

I wont be getting this card and I know many other fans who wont either. You have 2 of the best Male MMA fighters in the sport in Lyoto and Hendo and they are getting shit on by playing second fiddle to 2 female fighters they could both beat up with one arm tied behind their back.

Most UFC fans do not want to see women on ppv's when their money could be spent to see top male talent.

But, as you yourself point out, there is top male talent on the card. I guess I don't really understand -- you only want to watch Hendo and Machida when they're headliners?

this card needs to be called ufc 157 red white and blue, its 95% USA fighters

Dana said, "Because it's a title fight is the reason this will headline the card." Ok, I get that, but someone correct me if I'm wrong, but haven't there been title fights on free cards before?

No way this should be the main event of a PPV, and I'm actually pissed they put two of my favorite fighters on a card that I hope fails miserably. I have a feeling if it does, Dana will blame Hendo and Machida before his mistress.

Just another UFC freak show fight. Nothing more, nothing less.

Personally I don't really like the idea of WMMA on the same card as the men, but I still don't understand why there are so many people who refuse to buy the card based strictly on the ORDER OF THE FIGHTS.

when i was watching tate vs rousey my penis somehow popped out of my pants and well...

Haha you should probably watch UFC 157 at home and not at a bar. No need for you to get arrested for indescent exposure! That being said Liz is not hot at all!

in truth though ive never seen a women's mma fight (and i havent seen too many of them so take it for what you will) that i didn't feel was entertaining.

i think it has its place in the sport and can come to be embraced as an occasional, enjoyable part of particular shows. i mean i honestly feel that if some of the guys who just dislike the notion of it give it a chance they'll find the matchups pretty entertaining- even if the depth of the divisions is crap.

Yup. The 2 biggest busts in the octagon since Teila Tuli

Back