UFC 157: Rousey Vs Carmouche Ticket Sales Not Off To A Great Start

So ticket sales are slightly slow for a show that started selling tickets when everyone is spending money on Boxing Day (month) shopping and New Years? This is not news worthy. Also reading between the lines this story simply says the expensive seats are all selling out faster than the cheap seats.

its already selling better than the last Anaheim card (FOX 4) which is the best comparison we have since UFC ticket sales have declined in the last 2 years

0e64b9e4ddc411e19a8c22000a1c9e37_7.jpg

that funny MMA fan worry about ticket sales lmao, the only thing a care about is a good fight. :icon_chee

For a girl Liz is freaskishly strong but no one from that camp has much in the way of technical skill other than what they came with.

She'll show up in very good shape and is very tough
If she were to survive into the later rounds she would outheart Rhonda
However she has never shown much in the way of technical skill in my experience
Hopefully they've gotten Kevin Dunsmor to do nothing else other than wrestle with her
Rhonda is able to give 10th Planet Vista's Gio a competitive match before submitting
all in all Liz would need much better takedown defense than normal
but if she turned it into a brawl she could win

probably b/c it was christmas, i dont think thats a good way to tell. i would imagine this piques the interest of more casual fans in the last days leading up to the event than other UFC's.

Lets just wait, im more interested in the PPV numbers b/c UFC tickets are so expensive im not really surprised they dont sell like hotcakes unless its absolutely stacked

Damn, look at Ronda's knuckles.

Patience young grasshoppers.

It's the first womens fight in the UFC ever.

If this one doesn't do huge numbers...it doesn't mean they can't still build Ronda into a star, and grow the division over time.

Let me actually take part of that back. Their boxing trainer Tiger Smalls gets results with their hands. However, their head coach is old school lion's den. He focuses on conditioning, toughness and is somewhat lax on skills training from what I've seen.
Their top wrestler by far is Kevin Dunsmor who while a petite man is a very skilled wrestler. It seems to not be passed on to their other members. I'm curious as to how that camp is being formed. Liz is by far the nicer person. She also served our country in the U.S. Marines.

Rhonda thinks she is on par with men and is conceited. She will have the nerve to call a catch on men of greater skill than her when they are in no danger and does not get the fellows go easy on her or at least do not attack with aggression. She has a strong knowledge of the rubber guard but I question her fundamentals. Her arm bar is more a function of the skill of women competitors than her arm bar.

Hope this card bombs. Only way dana will learn his lesson.

I can't see why anybody would buy tickets two months in advance for a UFC event with the number of injury plagued cards last year. You never know who is actually going to end up fighting.

Seconded, women fighting disgust me.

This mentality I can never quite understand.

Let's put it this way:

I don't like the icecream across the street. At all. I reckon its too runny, the portions are too small etc. So, guess what? I just don't buy from that store. I don't go around on websites typing up stuff like "xyz's food disgust me" nor do I wish the owner to go out of business soon.

Its just immature in both cases, you know- there is only one female bout out of twelve fights (if you count the prelims)...which means 92% of the card is still a contest between males. Yes, you have the right to not buy it but going any further is just...you realize that being a pro fighter is the ONLY job these people have, right? That basically wishing the females to fail, you're wishing them unemployment or something like 8k every half a year just because YOU don't like it. Doesn't this all sound a bit malicious to you?

Ronda will make money for the UFC. This sherdog coalition to shut down womens MMA is kind of strange.

Thread title != article content.

[QUOTE="Rush";77996187]In Before the haters dont read.

Its doing better than Rashad evans, one of the top 5 biggest PPV draws did in his scheduled main evnt against Phil Davis at 133.

Its also doing better than UFC 150, Henderson vs Edgar.[/QUOTE]

Calling certain guys a "draw" is a little misleading. His fights with Rampage and Jones sold well because of the build up but I don't think many people cared about his fights with Davis, Silva, or Tito.

There is a lot of cushion for the card to do well despite the women. The card has Hendo/Machida that most fight fans really want to see and Faber does really well on California cards so if it doesn't do well that means that not only is WMMA not a draw, it's an anti-draw.

Its still early, I wouldn't buy due to if Hendo/Machida pulled off, this card would be sub par at best. Another UFC 149.

Still believe its a mistake putting the women ahead of Hendo/Machida. 2 legends in MMA that have paid their dues to headline a main event.

I agree with this... especially because its only her first fight in the UFC.

They should have introduced her as the CO-MAIN event this time, then have her headline against cyborg..imo that would have been the smarter move.

Back