Uber driver kills six in Michigan

I'm praying for the families of the slain.

When is this gonna stop?

When is this gonna stop?
Never. Helping people with mental illness is a non starter in America, and restricting gun access is a non starter in America. There are just mass shootings sometimes.

That's so sad...

When is this gonna stop?

It would have stopped if I or any law abiding armed citizen was a passenger. Im walking around my house doing some cleaning with my .40 on my side.

Never. Helping people with mental illness is a non starter in America, and restricting gun access is a non starter in America. There are just mass shootings sometimes.

This man had no criminal record, passed a background, and his neighbors had inclination he could do this. Biggest trigger was he seemed quiet and reserved to passengers. Sounds like a perfect person to institutionalize.

This man had no criminal record, passed a background, and his neighbors had inclination he could do this. Biggest trigger was he seemed quiet and reserved to passengers. Sounds like a perfect person to institutionalize.
Wasnt aware that institutionalizing was the only mental health treatment available today. Maybe we can have a lobotomy too while we are only using treatments from the 30s.

Amazing this is getting very little attention. Hes not black or muslim or shot a cop so who gives a fuck?

Amazing this is getting very little attention. Hes not black or muslim or shot a cop so who gives a fuck?

Very little will be done about it if anything, so I can see why it isn't receiving much attention. I saw a hashtag trending for a bit earlier...

it will be interesting to see if a motive is ever determined. some people are just destined to snap

Wasnt aware that institutionalizing was the only mental health treatment available today. Maybe we can have a lobotomy too while we are only using treatments from the 30s.

well i mean, soda raises an interesting point. the guy had no criminal history, and nothing on his background to prevent him from buying a weapon. the only thing that could have possibly stopped a seller from selling is if there was a mental health mark on the background.

so mental health - how do you treat crazy assholes out in the world? you can't force treatment on them, unless they do something really violent and a court has them institutionalized. you could have more voluntary sources - mental health clinics i guess. or phone numbers to call similar to suicide hotlines. but again, it's not a crime to be kind of a crazy asshole. if it was, half the people i know would be in institutions.

only thing i see is culturally we push people towards craziness. a lot of people can't handle feelings of shame, failure, desperation, loneliness, etc. i have no doubt our selfish, ego driven culture of social media and entertainment is making us nuttier. but in terms of having the infrastructure to stop a guy like this from doing what he did - i'm open to any suggestion on how you stop that with mental health treatment that he'd actually get or gun regulations.

or maybe some people are just fuckin cracked and blindside the world one day.

But what about the children?!

98183-106343-helen-lovejoy.jpg

Sometimes these things happen in USA.

This post couldnt explain it any better.

The way we treat mental illness in the states is getting better but Reagan set that back 50 years with his policies.

I was in Kalamazoo last night. At one point only a few blocks away from one of the shootings. Pretty weird feeling after reading what happened. What a psycho.

did he have something against old ladies or what????? 4 of the dead were 4 old ladies at a cracker barrel. fuck this fucking maggot. what if that was your grandmother? god damn this pisses me off.

Sad to hear this news.

Some things like this are hard to prevent.

He has no record and it looks like no treatment for mental problems that would have flagged himm

Back