International U.S. deploying more troops to Africa

Phr3121

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
What is going on here? Why is the United States sending so much military to Africa? There is information on this list that I was completely unaware of. I knew about the anti-terrorism and spying missions, but was surprised at the number of 'drone' bases. I don't think the average American has a clue to the U.S. military presence in Africa. That is one 'shitty' continent to be stationed.

"US deploying troops to Congo ahead of possible ‘violent demonstrations’ following election."

Story: https://thehill.com/homenews/admini...ongo-ahead-of-possible-violent-demonstrations

The U.S. military currently has troops in these African countries:
AFRICAtaylor.jpg

Burkina Faso:
The United States has a base in Ouagadougou, Burkina Faso, since 2007. The base acts as a hub of a U.S spying network in the region, with spy planes departing form the base to fly over Mali, Mauritania and the Sahara, where they search for fighters from al-Qaeda in the Islamic Maghreb.

Congo:
The United States has troops in Congo assisting the nation in the search for Joseph Kony's Lord's Resistance Army.

Central African Republic:
In April 2013, the United States had around 40 troops in Central African Republic assisting the search for the LRA.

Chad:
On Wednesday, Washington announced that it would be sending 80 troops to Chad to help with the search for Nigerian schoolgirls kidnapped by militant Islamist group Boko Haram.

Djibouti:
The U.S. military has a major base in Djibouti, Camp Lemonnier. There are around 4,000 troops there, including lots of aircraft and drones.

Ethiopia:
The United States has had a military drone base at Arba Minch since 2011. The base is used to fly Reaper drones over East Africa.

Kenya:
Camp Simba, near the border with Somalia, had around 60 military personnel stationed as of November 2013.

Mali:
In April 2013, 10 U.S. troops were deployed to war-torn Mali to provide “liaison support” to French and African troops. The Pentagon insisted they would not be engaging in combat.

Niger:
The U.S. Air Force set up a drone base in Niamey, Niger, in 2013. The White House says it has around 100 military personnel in the country on an “intelligence collection” mission.

Nigeria:
At the beginning of May, a small team of U.S. troops and civilian advisers was deployed to Nigeria to join the search for the abducted schoolgirls. According to the Associated Press, these troops joined around 70 military personnel in Nigeria, with 50 regularly assigned to the U.S. Embassy, and 20 Marines there for training.

Somalia:
In early 2014, the United States deployed fewer than two dozen regular troops to Somalia for training and advising purposes.

South Sudan:
In December 2013, the United States deployed 45 military personnel to South Sudan to protect U.S. citizens and property in the country.

Uganda:
The United States has a base in Entebbe that it uses to fly PC-12 surveillance aircraft in search of Kony's LRA. The total number of U.S. troops in Uganda is said to be around 300, and they are officially in the country to “provide information, advice and assistance” to an African Union force searching for Kony.

You shouldnt ask questions like this guys. You might not like the answers.

Welcome to our secret Africa wars folks. I expect only about 10% of the population even knows we are at war in Africa.

I heard there were some mysterious deaths in the Congo caused by "white gorillas". I think we are sending in a team to investigate. Here's a pic of one of them.

10031254_4.jpg

We have to go there are get them before they try and come here.

We need to spread freedom

Do democrats still want to not be in wasteful stupid wars, or did the media 180 them again just to prove they could do it?

You sure are a dick head to us color blind TS

missed out on half of what you posted smh

Serious answer: to keep an eye on the Chinese expansion rapidly taking place there.

Serious answer: to keep an eye on the Chinese expansion rapidly taking place there.

Im surprised this wasnt the first response from someone. We dont belong there but we cant let china have it so here we are playing the game the way its always been played

Im surprised this wasnt the first response from someone. We dont belong there but we cant let china have it so here we are playing the game the way its always been played

Africa is next battlefront for the superpowers to fight over. Had been the Middle East in the last few decades.

Probably China containment.
The Chinese are going to create a new Oriental/African hybrid, athletic and explosive plus high intellect. Afrochinese overlords are coming, while the West is debating whether jokes are hate speech.
Sad.

The Chinese are going to create a new Oriental/African hybrid, athletic and explosive plus high intellect. Afrochinese overlords are coming, while the West is debating whether jokes are hate speech.
Sad.
Alternately short blackanese people that eat dogs and have small dicks

Sad.
Athletic Asians with 10 inch dicks and good at maths? Shit hide your wives and daughters.

Last edited:
My brother is already in Somalia...

There was a bombing there killing several people a weekend or two ago and I immediately txted him to check up on him. Thankfully he wasn’t around or involved in that mess.

He’s got a few months left before he comes home... fucker got his wife pregnant again just before he left so he’ll come home to a new baby (plus the other two)..

Back