International United States and it's illegal occupation of Syria.

PEDS Help me Post

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
The U.S. military on Wednesday said American warplanes struck a weapons storage facility in eastern Syria that officials said was being used by Iran-backed militants responsible for dozens of drone and rocket attacks against American troops in the region over the last three weeks.

It was the second such counterstrike in the past two weeks.

"Today, at President Biden’s direction, U.S. military forces conducted a self-defense strike on a facility in eastern Syria used by Iran’s Islamic Revolutionary Guard Corps (IRGC) and affiliated groups," Defense Secretary Lloyd Austin said in a statement.

Two F-15 fighters launched precision munitions at a weapons-storage warehouse in Deir el-Zour province, according to U.S. officials.

"This precision self-defense strike is a response to a series of attacks against U.S. personnel in Iraq and Syria by IRGC-Quds Force affiliates. The President has no higher priority than the safety of U.S. personnel, and he directed today’s action to make clear that the United States will defend itself, its personnel, and its interests," Austin said.

The U.S. blames Tehran for endangering its troops, a senior defense official told reporters Wednesday night.

"We hold Iran accountable for these attacks, not just the militia groups," the official said.

So United States is apparently destroying weapons storage facilities in Syria in what they are incredibly calling an "act of self-defense" against supposed "Iran-backed militants", which is a rather interesting way to word "Terrorists destroy weapons facility in further sign of aggression after being attacked by freedom fighters looking to repel an illegal occupation by the most aggressive country on earth."

How come the United Nations is blatantly lying about the fact that the U.S. army is still illegally in Syria after already trying to overthrow their sovereign government? How exactly is everyone decrying the Russia/Ukraine or Israel/Palestine wars while ignoring the fact that the U.S has illegally been occupying Syria for years. Why would Putin have any respect for international law when he watches the U.S. being aggressive with impunity, and the U.N. even outright blatantly lying to cover it?

Not only this, but the United States says that it blames Iran for these attacks by militant groups. So not only is the United States illegally occupying Syria, it is now blaming a separate country for supplying arms to help fight them for illegally occupying that country. And then they have the balls to try to blame Iran endangering for their troops... that are illegally occupying a country. Ummm... what? Maybe take your troops out of Syria and they wouldn't be endangered?

Also, ISIS is back in the headlines. Weird. I wonder if it's... like ... a coincidence or something.

Aren't the Iranians striking US military presence in the region?

Damn, how dare the US attack 'm.
I thought sitting back and doing nothing would be sufficient in the real world.

Shocked.

Shocked.

Not sure if you read but this is regarding non-State actors who are backed by Iran. There is a difference, Iran isnt in charge of the ops. But I'd wager that's why the weapons stashes were attacked, to take away what was provided.

And personally I'd love it if the Iranian Government fell, but I'd much much rather prefer the US didnt initiate a regime change. Every time we do that we f*ck it up and manufacture way more religious extremism in opposition to the austerity we demand.

Not sure if you read but this is regarding non-State actors who are backed by Iran. There is a difference, Iran isnt in charge of the ops. But I'd wager that's why the weapons stashes were attacked, to take away what was provided.

And personally I'd love it if the Iranian Government fell, but I'd much much rather prefer the US didnt initiate a regime change. Every time we do that we f*ck it up and manufacture way more religious extremism in opposition to the austerity we demand.
Yeah Iran has built in a layer of deniabillity regarding all their Shia militias.
They are, with little doubt, the ones supplying/enabling/influencing the groups that are doing the actual attacks tho.

Yeah Iran has built in a layer of deniabillity regarding all their Shia militias.
They are, with little doubt, the ones supplying/enabling/influencing the groups that are doing the actual attacks tho.

Yeah, it's a shame we dont have some kind of...deal...with them that established trust and had a cooling effect on this kind of activity.

Shocked.

Yes, the Iranians are striking the ILLEGAL US military occupation in the area. You know, the one guarding all the oil and providing cover fire for their ISIS friends.

Every time a Muslim country breaths it’s an act of terrorism apparently. The psychological power of western propaganda is quite amazing to see tbh.

It's literal insanity watching some of the comments on Russia/Ukraine and Israel/Palestine... meanwhile, the U.S. army has been occupying Syria illegally for almost a decade now. And now they're trying to blame the countries that they're occupying for being aggressive.

Yes, the Iranians are striking the ILLEGAL US military occupation in the area. You know, the one guarding all the oil and providing cover fire for their ISIS friends.
Yes they are shooting at the US military, hence the response.
The military that helped the Kurdish militias do the heavy lifting when it came to defeating ISIS, you know after the Iranian ally set a good chunk of extremists free to discredit the opposition.

It's absolutely astonishing that the American people are tolerating the US governments endless spending and military interventionism, especially considering most people in the country are struggling monetarily and inflation is at an all time high

Yes they are shooting at the US military, hence the response.
The military that helped the Kurdish militias do the heavy lifting when it came to defeating ISIS, you know after the Iranian ally set a good chunk of extremists free to discredit the opposition.

Are you trying to say Syria does not have a right to defend itself against a foreign invader? Which part of international law says you cannot defend yourself against a foreign invader?

Back