News Tyson Fury vs Oleksandr Usyk Undisputed Heavyweight title fight is set to take place in Saudi Arabia on May 18

Who wins?

• Total voters

I don't usually buy into weigh in shookology, but Fury quite enjoyed playing the staredown game when he knew that he would win it.

He knows that none of that bullshit psychology that he normally uses to trigger opponents works on Usyk.

Also, why has this dude been dressed like he's auditioning as a Chippendales dancer all week long?

Lol Fury does look ridiculous. What with him wearing that and Usyks moustache earring ensemble it's definitely the campest HW press conference I can remember.

Maybe Fury isn't facing him because he's scared?
Maybe he just can't be bothered?
Maybe he isn't doing it to make the next staredown more meaningful?
Maybe he is acting scared to encourage Usyk cos he wants Usyk to take the fight to him?

That should cover it I think.

Maybe Fury isn't facing him because he's scared?
Maybe he just can't be bothered?
Maybe he isn't doing it to make the next staredown more meaningful?
Maybe he is acting scared to encourage Usyk cos he wants Usyk to take the fight to him?

That should cover it I think.
Or he's just doing it to be disrespectful. Most likely it's to try and get into Usyk's head by not even acknowledging his presence. Giving him the ignore treatment isn't going to anger Usyk. He has tunnel vision with complete focus on the task at hand. Nothing will distract him.

Fury did similar to David Haye and we all know how that would’ve went down

More cocky in that one but honestly think he’s looking dialled in.
Doesn’t mean he’s going to win but at the very least we’ll hopefully see 2 elite boxers in good condition putting on a good knock.

Ridiculous really that it’s taken this long for undisputed.

@Seano who is taking this?

I just can't see Usyk losing.
Lots of people have predicted draw, I could see that. I've said all along I believe Usyk will outwork Fury, though. I guess I'll stick with that. IF Fury's jab is on point and he keeps Usyk from getting his workrate going... who knows? They both seem like a bad fight for each other.

Hard to say, Fury is a weird fighter. He beats the best guys he fights but struggles with some guys who don't seem so great. Wallin gave him a lot of problems and maybe that was because of the cut but it was Wallins workrate that seemed to give him issues.

Or he's just doing it to be disrespectful. Most likely it's to try and get into Usyk's head by not even acknowledging his presence. Giving him the ignore treatment isn't going to anger Usyk. He has tunnel vision with complete focus on the task at hand. Nothing will distract him.
Usyk really will not care. He usually had fights not in Ukr, also in am ranks so he is mentally tough hardened guy. Different thing is question in what kind of shape over the hill Usyk is.

Lots of people have predicted draw, I could see that. I've said all along I believe Usyk will outwork Fury, though. I guess I'll stick with that. IF Fury's jab is on point and he keeps Usyk from getting his workrate going... who knows? They both seem like a bad fight for each other.

Hard to say, Fury is a weird fighter. He beats the best guys he fights but struggles with some guys who don't seem so great. Wallin gave him a lot of problems and maybe that was because of the cut but it was Wallins workrate that seemed to give him issues.
Fury isn't very disciplined outside the ring. Lots of drinking and blow and who knows what else. But when he shows up, he fucking shows up.
Usyk by all accounts keeps it on the straight and narrow. Trains all the time, even when he doesn't have a camp.
This fight may just come down to who has the better conditioning.

here's the thing though, Fury is more likely to stay around and we likely get Joshua v Fury. If Usyk wins he will retire meaning the HW flare and lineage goes with him.
Joshua vs Fury would be a shadow of the fight it once would have been. AJ was embarrasingly KOed by Ruiz, lost twice to Usyk and his latest streak is built on the following illustrious names: Jermaine Franklin, Robert Helenius, Otto Wallin, Francis Ngannou. Then he fights Fury, who beat Usyk, who beat AJ twice? I suppose people would still watch but it wouldn't really be a compelling match up. People who think AJ would pose any kind of serious threat to Fury are clearly just Fury haters trying to mask their hate. Edit: or maybe they think Fury - Ngannou was legit lol.
I was about to say the exact same thing, why tf does he look like a Chippendale? He looks absolutely ridiculous <lmao>
Lol Fury does look ridiculous. What with him wearing that and Usyks moustache earring ensemble it's definitely the campest HW press conference I can remember.
He's dressed like a gay gigolo. I don't blame him for being embarrassed.
Fury's an Undertaker fan (from wrestling). Looks like an homage to the Undertaker.

undertaker-hy5rgtf.jpg

Fury looks too damn tall for Usyk to hit him anything clean with. But if anyone can do it with that much height disparity, it would be Usyk.

<EdgyBrah>

I suspect that Usyk will need stoppage in distance in order to win. I hope that I'm wrong.

It is assumed that Fury to win might be better to sell tickets and PPVS for next fights...
While Usyk isn't Wallin and might hit considerably harder than Cunningham while might provide more productivity ....

Believe me, Usyk does hits considerably harder than Cunningham or Wallin....and he will act like in fight vs Bellew without trust to judges cards....
Saudites looks that in reality doesn't care, Emirates too. Big scale events are stuff they does want to see in order to promote their kingdooms In world scene. While boxing isn't their field for hardcore interests at all.

Usyk is southpaw and despite old, is more productive than Cunningham or Wallin.
Nice liver shots and nasty jabs from southpaw we might get to see. Also Usyk had sparred a lot with Wlad and Vitaly when Wlad was pre Pulev fight mode .....

Wlad from Pulev fight had woked up after get something nasty in his face.... only after this.
Fury vs Wlad was boring show while really Wlad didn't had did job. It wasn't like schooling etc bullshit , just Fury really had won on cards rich uncle in Wlad. And I think that they should had opted to take rematch. Young boxer in physical prime vs businessman In lazy mode.
I think if they had rematch Fury had won on cards again. Wlad does hit really very hard but was slowed down and IRL then in lazy mode.
Not to worry, Usyk will get the stoppage.

Fury looks too damn tall for Usyk to hit him anything clean with. But if anyone can do it with that much height disparity, it would be Usyk.

<EdgyBrah>
You for real? Fury is only like an inch taller than Joshua and Usyk had no problem hitting him.

Back