Tyson Fury on Twitter

It always makes me laugh when people make out that Haye should of just stood there and waited for Chisora to attack him. As he has said plenty of times, there's nothing cool about being the victim. He assessed the situation and made a judgement call, it was hit or be hit, he choose to be the one doing the hitting,

Without judging anyone of them.

Isn't it an alternative to just leave the building and avoid the whole thing?

Maybe I'm wrong and it's better to hit someone. And by doing it, prove that you are a MAN

Must have been hacked. He's getting minted from this fight, no way he is going to throw it away but jumping the shark like this. Or someones grabbed his phone and done this as a prank. He's not thick enough to do this to himself.

The man's thicker than a brick sandwich. There isn't much I'd put past him when it comes to idiotic behaviour.

Fury is frustrated Haye pussied out. He'll drink for a cpuple weeks. Then he'll get back to training. I'm confident he knocks out Haye and Wlad in '14. Sig bet?

I'll have some if that. Haye is a fckin orrible stylistic matchup for fury. He won't be able to bully, lean and do all the shit he did to Cunningham. Hayes too quick, explosive and will put his lights out when he lands. Lad has similar physical attributes, uses his range far better than Tyson and does absolutely everything else better. He has nothing but a punchers chance against haye, and I don't see how he beats wlad?

Fury is frustrated Haye pussied out. He'll drink for a cpuple weeks. Then he'll get back to training. I'm confident he knocks out Haye and Wlad in '14. Sig bet?

Only a man from Manchester can say that. Anyone else will think you're crazy.

Get back in here, ye bum! Several cats have called your bet. :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Really, are we trying to paint Dereck Chisora... you know, the woman-beating Dereck Chisora, the assaulting police officers Dereck Chisora, the possession of an offensive weapon Dereck Chisora... as the good guy? The Chisora who's bitten opponents in the ring, who spat in the face of Wlad, who slapped Vitali?

Let's remember how the Haye/Chisora brawl started. Haye was there as part of his role as a paid analyst that night. Bernd B

Tell me, who are the proven world heavyweight level boxers?

There are only 2, and a whole division full of unproven guys waiting until they retire to stake their claim. Of the non-K bro's, there are roughly two groups as I see it, guys who are very young and inexperienced and haven't fought either of them, and guys who have been around and have fought them and failed. Neither of those two groups have really proven themselves at HW, there is no heir apparent.

A pikey being an unpleasant idiot?

No surprises there.

A pikey is a derogatory term for a traveller so a fairly factual statement. Personally I would refer to him as a member of the travelling cummunity but a prize twat

A pikey is a derogatory term for a traveller so a fairly factual statement. Personally I would refer to him as a member of the travelling cummunity but a prize twat

I didn't know Pikey was an derogatoary term. I thought it was synonymous with Gypsy or a traveller as well...

Can any UK folk shed some light on this?

I first became familiar with the term "Pikey" from the film Snatch. In that movie, Pikey folk seemed like the London version of "white trash" or "trailer trash."

Prez?? consort? Sunfish?? Batkilt? any other limeys here?

No, it's a slang term for an Irish traveller (as opposed to Romany), and it's had very negative connotations. It comes from turnpike, so is associated with traveling and moving on.

Pikey's a derogatory term for an Irish traveler (so not Romany gypsies and the like, who instead generally get the term "gypo").

Because a lot of people dislike travelers it's far more common than such terms referring to other nationalities and races but in reality there's nothing that separates it from the offensive terms people use for black people, people from the Indian-sub continent or Asians.

I didn't know Pikey was an derogatoary term. I thought it was synonymous with Gypsy or a traveller as well...

Can any UK folk shed some light on this?

I first became familiar with the term "Pikey" from the film Snatch. In that movie, Pikey folk seemed like the London version of "white trash" or "trailer trash."

Prez?? consort? Sunfish?? Batkilt? any other limeys here?

It is a derogatory term for travellers. Though it is a term used for Irish travellers (as already stated) its used for all travellers/gypsies depending on where you live.

They do have a tradition in bare knuckle fighting which is why the travelling communities do produce good professional boxers - the fury cousins and billy joe Saunders being current examples. I wouldn't be Suprised to see more mma fighters coming from theses communities, the McGuire brothers are the only ones I know at the moment. 1 of the reasons they are not liked over here is because they are all generally fighters and stick together, it's all in their culture, so there is a bit of a fear there. Have a row with a traveller/gypsie and there's a good chance itll all go off and you'll get a fckin kickin. Personally feel they get a bad rap, they stick within their communities and havea different way of life. Some people can't seem to accept that

Back