Tyson Fury on his issue with mma

Fury would beat most of UFCs hw's with 1 year training takedown/kick defense. DC, Stipe and Blaydes could probably wrestle him out of there but id favor Fury over the rest of the division without ever seeing him in the cage.

The grappling is only good when the guy you’re backing is winning the exchanges. If your guy is on the bottom gettin stifled it’s horrible to watch. That’s why lots of people like GSP. Even though he was boring as all hell and admitted to lay n pray point fighting, his fans expected it.

Last edited:
Fury would beat most of UFCs hw's with 1 year training takedown/kick defense. DC, Stipe and Blaydes could probably wrestle him out of there but id favor Fury over the rest of the division without ever seeing him in the cage.

Leg kicks would be an issue for him, the dude has some skinny ass legs.

Tyson is huge up top with skinny legs. Imagine what a wrestler would do to him.
A lot of great MMA wrestlers have skinny legs. I'm not sure if skinny legs = easier to take down. Not that Fury has any grappling but wrestlers with skinny legs are making it work.

Leg kicks would be an issue for him, the dude has some skinny ass legs.
Potentially. With that 1 year training i mentioned a talented guy like Fury might be dangerous WITH leg kicks.

It's not just that Tyson is a world class boxer that makes me think he would do well in MMA, it's his style of boxing. His footwork is ridiculous for a big man, i don't think he would get touched on the feet unless its by a wrestler.

It’s such a cliche. To be fair lay n p is probably what they mean, surely if they see an aggressive sub artist or Khabib GnP then they can appreciate it?

A lot of great MMA wrestlers have skinny legs. I'm not sure if skinny legs = easier to take down. Not that Fury has any grappling but wrestlers with skinny legs are making it work.
I’m not talking about just having skinny legs. I’m saying big up top and skinny legs.

I’ve wondered at times how successful a striking sport would be that had all of MMA’s rules for striking, but no grappling. Allow clinch, but break it up if it’s stalling. I could see it being very successful.

Last edited:
I'd love to see Fury vs Ngannou in a striking match with 4oz gloves

Ngannou is a shit boxer but has nice kicks, would be interesting
Ngannou has no chance in Hell against Fury in a boxing match but in MMA few kicks will change in favour for Ngannou

Back