Tyson Fury on his issue with mma

People mentioning Fury's skinny legs, I think part of that is an illusion just because of the build of his upper body. I mean if Fury's are skinny , then how the hell would you describe Wilder's ?

I respect his honesty. Instead of saying grappling is just two guys dry humping he admits it's not exciting because it's too technical and doesn't understand it.

Ill clarify my mental midget bro.

When i say "with 1 year of training Takedown/kick defense........." what i mean is if Fury, one of the best HW combat sports athletes of his generation, were to spend a year of his time training how to defend kicks and takedowns instead of exclusively learning how to be a better boxer he could possibly be UFC champ.

I wont slow the bus down further kid. I hope you are enjoying that new helmie.

If he was to train how to defend kicks and take downs it would completely change his boxing and his stance, at no point did I mention him learning how to be a better boxer. He would need to train how to strike in a completely new stance/way.

Hope this clears it up for you my mental midget bro.

If he was to train how to defend kicks and take downs it would completely change his boxing and his stance,

You're talking about a year of training for a bum like you. Im talking what a Beast ass combat athlete like Fury could do in a year, not the same thing.

"He would have to completely change the way he strikes dur" no he would not. His stance would have to change some but it's SO much easier to make it as a MMA fighter then as a boxer for a reason. High level boxing footwork is SO far ahead of Footwork in MMA, it would translate very well for him.

You're talking about a year of training for a bum like you. Im talking what a Beast ass combat athlete like Fury could do in a year, not the same thing.

"He would have to completely change the way he strikes dur" no he would not. His stance would have to change some but it's SO much easier to make it as a MMA fighter then as a boxer for a reason. High level boxing footwork is SO far ahead of Footwork in MMA, it would translate very well for him.

Aye, alright mate.

giphy.gif

Khabib would take Fury down and make him tap to strikes within 30 seconds.

Aye, alright mate.

giphy.gif
although i am firmly on the MMA side of this, James Toney was fat, old, and had no respect nor the braincells required to train even an hour for mma.

Worst example ever. Shameless Dana move.

Sidecheck kick, lol.

Tyson is huge up top with skinny legs. Imagine what a wrestler would do to him.
He stands up super straight and isn’t exactly a massive puncher even for his size, I would legit pick Francis against him in a KB match, or something similar with mma gloves

although i am firmly on the MMA side of this, James Toney was fat, old, and had no respect nor the braincells required to train even an hour for mma.

Worst example ever. Shameless Dana move.

Sidecheck kick, lol.

I'm obviously taking the piss with the gif because I seemed to have upset the guy who quoted me so I thought this would upset him more.

I'm obviously taking the piss with the gif because I seemed to have upset the guy who quoted me so I thought this would upset him more.
Upset? Lol why would that upset me? Im a die hard MMA fan that was one of the most satisfying outcomes in mma history

"I dont like knowing a lot of guys could do that to me no matter how tough I am, so I just say that sport sucks. fight me like a man! dont take me down and dominate me like a coward!"

Round ring, no walls

Takedown 1 point
force or throw opponent out of ring 1 point
knockdown 1point per second downed

unlimited clinching allowed, full contact rules.

Theres yer goddamned answer.

"I dont like knowing a lot of guys could do that to me no matter how tough I am, so I just say that sport sucks. fight me like a man! dont take me down and dominate me like a coward!"
- Metreyu Quinn

I'm glad he was respectful and sophisticated enough NOT to call leg humping, crotch sniffing or whatever homophobic term immature edge lords gravitate towards. It makes sense. To the untrained eye wrestling and jiu-jitsu look boring. I had to watch gsp and then khabib and see the shit they were doing in order to understand.

A boxer likes the striking but no the grappling. I, for one, am shocked.

Upset? Lol why would that upset me? Im a die hard MMA fan that was one of the most satisfying outcomes in mma history
I just wanted to see 1 striking exchange between Toney and Randy before Randy went pure wrestlerape on him.
Doesnt he donate his purse to charity?
Doubt he donates his whole purse to charity

Back