Tyson Fury is motivating himself for the Wilder rematch

What if he got knocked out again and went into a Coma? I disagree entirely, the ref did a terrible job and it could have had deadly consequences. Luckily Fury didn't get knocked out again, but he could have been. You don't let a fight continue just because you want to see what happens. When a fighter is out cold, the fight is over.
you do realize this is not mma and boxing rules are different than mma rules lol

lol - Even he admitted it!
He also admitted to giving his entire purse to charity. Do you believe that?

I can tell you don't watch much boxing because you actually believe the shit he comes out with. He is a winde up merchant. Take everything he says with a pinch of salt. Everyone else does

From experience (I've been boxing 30 years) you can not recover from a full concussion that quickly. He was 100% steady on his feet after 10 seconds. You 'may' be able to recover from being badly hurt in that time, but not if you're out cold. I would say it is impossible
If he was out cold his head would have bounced off the canvas. He had control of this when he went down. If you watch how he reacts when Cunningham floored him, he did the same. Stayed down, composed himself, then got to his feet. this is what you are taught to do as a boxer. was he out cold with Cunningham as well?

Bro.. i saw him unconscious with my own eyes. I never suspected that would even be an argument. Im shocked.

He didnt get knocked down though, he got knocked out cold. Do they not distinguish a difference in boxing?

It's at the ref's discretion. He was out. No argument there. He said himself that he woke up and heard "5" and Jack Reiss was standing over him. He got up on steady legs and the fight was allowed to continue. Had Reiss known he was out, he probably would've stopped it, but he didn't.

We can argue semantics all day...he was out cold...he was out...it doesn't matter what you call it, the fact is, Fury got up on steady legs and won the round. That's all that matters. If it went the other way and Fury was allowed to continue and got beaten into being a vegetable, we'd be having a very different conversation right now.

you do realize this is not mma and boxing rules are different than mma rules lol

Yes, i just find it hard to believe, considering what we know about concussions, that a fighter would be allowed to continue fighting after being knocked unconscious and laying flat on his back for almost 10 seconds. It defies common sense and logic.

Does that really matter? If someone gets knocked out cold they should not under any circumstances be allowed to continue fighting.

Is boxing thst far behind on safety?
Thats what the 10 count is for. The ref is trained to look for signs that the fighter can continue. Thats why they have them walk to them and ask them if they are ready.
This isn't UFC where fights get waved off for every flash KD.

https://www.boxingscene.com/fury-this-fight-im-going-binge-on-cocaine-hookers--146841

Heavyweight contender Tyson Fury is going to have the time of his life - if he defeats WBC world champion Deonaty Wilder on Saturday night at the MGM Grand in Las Vegas.

Fury has made numerous unbelievable claims in the weeks leading up to his highly anticipated rematch with Wilder.

The 'Gypsy King' has claimed that he's masturbating seven times a day to increase his testosterone, that he's performing oral sex to strengthen his jaw muscles, and dipping his hands in petrol to increase his chances of a knockout victory.

tyson-fury_12.jpg

In victory, Fury is planning to have one hell of a celebration in the city of sin.

“After this fight I’m going to binge on cocaine and hookers,” Fury told the Daily Caller.

“Is there anything better than cocaine and hookers? I go to the cheap $30 ones... always give yourself a shot of penicillin before shagging ‘em. If you haven't got the penicillin, always double-bag up.”

The initial contest, which took place in December of 2018, ended in a controversial twelve round split draw at Staples Center in Los Angeles. Fury went down in rounds nine and twelve.

There is a contractual clause where the loser, regardless of the outcome, can force a third meeting by the summer - and the trilogy fight would likely happen on a date in June.
Clicked to see what ridiculous shit he was wearing. Wasn't disappointed

It's at the ref's discretion. He was out. No argument there. He said himself that he woke up and heard "5" and Jack Reiss was standing over him. He got up on steady legs and the fight was allowed to continue. Had Reiss known he was out, he probably would've stopped it, but he didn't.

We can argue semantics all day...he was out cold...he was out...it doesn't matter what you call it, the fact is, Fury got up on steady legs and won the round. That's all that matters. If it went the other way and Fury was allowed to continue and got beaten into being a vegetable, we'd be having a very different conversation right now.

The point is it could have gone that way. I saw Fury wake up, say fuck or something, and stand up. Only a fool would argue he was never out cold.

Still, do they not have a set rule that if a fighter goes unconscious the fight is over?

Its beyond ridiculous imo.

Thats what the 10 count is for. The ref is trained to look for signs that the fighter can continue. Thats why they have them walk to them and ask them if they are ready.
This isn't UFC where fights get waved off for every flash KD.

It wasnt a flash KD, it was a complete knockout. Fury was on another planet, on the ground, not moving, completely out.

I know this isn't the UFC, but once a fighter is knocked out, it doesn't matter if he can stand for a 10 count or not, putting him back out there is dangerous. That is a fact

Well, I watched the fight and he was clearly out for about 4 seconds.
Dude must have fucking god like recovery then to stand up within ten, be completely fine, and clearly and cleanly outbox Wilder for the rest of the round.

It wasnt a flash KD, it was a complete knockout. Fury was on another planet, on the ground, not moving, completely out.

I know this isn't the UFC, but once a fighter is knocked out, it doesn't matter if he can stand for a 10 count or not, putting him back out there is dangerous. That is a fact
Its not really a fact. Tragedy in the ring comes from sustained punishment not from flash KO's. I don't see how you can say it doesn't matter if he beats the count seeing as thats exactly what the count is for.

Dude must have fucking god like recovery then to stand up within ten, be completely fine, and clearly and cleanly outbox Wilder for the rest of the round.
Amazing recovery. Thats the thing with Fury, he's actually pretty chinny. If he gets caught, he goes down but then he gets back up and fights like nothing happened.

The point is it could have gone that way. I saw Fury wake up, say fuck or something, and stand up. Only a fool would argue he was never out cold.

Still, do they not have a set rule that if a fighter goes unconscious the fight is over?

Its beyond ridiculous imo.

Out...out cold...he was out. Out cold? Again, it's a matter of opinion, but I think if he were out cold, he would've still been laying there well after the 10 count was over. Pacquiao was out cold after the 4th Marquez fight. He didn't move for like 5 minutes. Fury was out. I don't think he was out cold. His senses came back in 5 seconds. Was he concussed? Yes. Out cold? No. I don't think so.

Again, the fight is stopped or allowed to continue at the ref's discretion. Taylor lost by tko against Chavez as an undefeated fighter, was winning the fight by a landslide, got up on unsteady legs with seconds left in the 12th round, and Richard Steele stopped it. If you ask me, Taylor got robbed of a hard earned win. There wasn't enough time left in the fight for him to even get hit again.

It's all at the ref's discretion.

Youre acting like its impossible to recover quickly from a KO. Its not. He was out cold you need to accept reality.

Bro.. i saw him unconscious with my own eyes. I never suspected that would even be an argument. Im shocked.

No you didn't. You saw him lying flat on his back with his eyes closed. That doesn';t mean he's unconscious does it!
If he was unconscious why did his head not bounce off the canvas? Because he had some control of his neck muscles when he went down. You havn't got that control if you are out!
Do you think it is possible for someone to be out cold but be perfectly fine seconds later, not even unsteady? It isn't

The ref had the best view, gave him a count, he beat the count then won the rest of the round. You had the same view as everyone else, from a distance with him lying on his back.

Youre acting like its impossible to recover quickly from a KO. Its not. He was out cold you need to accept reality.
Honestly, I'm not a doctor and I don't have decades of combat sports experience to know. I'm not gonna pretend I know what I'm talking about it.

OK dragging it back onto the rematch..... I think this time it does not go the distance.

- I think Deontay Wilder is going to catch him hard and it ends in a KO for Wilder.

Its not really a fact. Tragedy in the ring comes from sustained punishment not from flash KO's. I don't see how you can say it doesn't matter if he beats the count seeing as thats exactly what the count is for.

It is a fact, and I cant believe I even have to argue this. Are boxing fans just this ill informed on the dangers of being knocked out and continuing to fight? Thats what im seeing here.

Its not safe, regardless of who you think won.

Please stop calling it a flask KO, it was not a flash KO, it was a KO.

Back