Tyson Fury and Deontay Wilder come together for their rematch press conference

What exact adjustments are you speaking of? Wilder is what he is, and he's not going to change at this point - he looks for a physical fight, and against opponents that don't have the skills / size / athleticism to fight back, that's significantly easier to do. Evander Holyfield would be someone who would defeat Wilder, despite the height advantage.

With Fury he has two issues - someone who's just as big (or bigger) and who doesn't even want an all out physical fight, but rather wants to play the range game. Theoretically this is not a good match up for Wilder, but maybe in practice he'll land a long right hand and close the show... I think rounds 8-9 are most likely if that happens.
Less looping shots, more straight punches. He discovered it late in the first fight. Higher punch output too.

I think wilder has improved a lot, if you look at his footwork he is getting much better at getting into position to land that KO punch of his.

That said a fury at his best makes that very difficult still but you never know what fury you are going to get.

Then then there is another big factor.....Fury's power.....he has never been a puncher which makes life much easier for wilder....could the change in coach help improve his punches / power to trouble wilder more? That was the reason he changed coach.

I am posting this on the assumption the fight happens and fury does pull out due to injury.

Also the journalist who said fury had never had a rematch should be fired, I could do his job the useless cunt. Fury corrected him and he still didn’t acknowledge it.

Less looping shots, more straight punches. He discovered it late in the first fight. Higher punch output too.
like I just posted that has been his main improvement of late....better footwork to position to land the powerful straight shots.

I'm 60/40 Fury right now. Hes tasted Wilders power before so the fear of the unknown isnt there, he also would presumably be a little sharper now than he was in the first fight. Wilder still has that great equalizer though, and he will get a lot of rounds to try and land it. I wonder if Fury will try to hurt Wilder more this time not wanting to give him so long. He can probably do it but it will be through breaking Wilder down and it'll take 7-8 rounds minimum.

I tend to favor Wilder right now, but I don’t know if the guy makes any adjustments at all.
Not sure I agree. I think Fury has already lost his biggest advantage, that being that his erratic style is impossible to have sparring partners emulate in camp. Wilder has the benefit of knowing what to expect and what he brings to the table that is effective. Despite what most people here believe there were middle rounds that Wilder was arguably winning. Once he committed to just throwing his jab out he started to land that right hand. Really that’s all he needs to do in this fight, if he can touch Fury with the jab that big right hand is going to land.

Not sure I agree. I think Fury has already lost his biggest advantage, that being that his erratic style is impossible to have sparring partners emulate in camp. Wilder has the benefit of knowing what to expect and what he brings to the table that is effective. Despite what most people here believe there were middle rounds that Wilder was arguably winning. Once he committed to just throwing his jab out he started to land that right hand. Really that’s all he needs to do in this fight, if he can touch Fury with the jab that big right hand is going to land.

Well, we'll see if Wilder commits to the jab with consistency this time around. It's pretty much always erratic - even if I do believe it could be one of his great features. Behind the jab or fired straight up, his right finds home when opponents stay in front of him at the right distance - or even better, when they just come at him - which always ends up happening. Wilder doesn't strike me as a fighter whose gameplan evolves a lot based on whom he's facing. And why not, after all ? So far, so good.

I think wilder has improved a lot, if you look at his footwork he is getting much better at getting into position to land that KO punch of his.

That said a fury at his best makes that very difficult still but you never know what fury you are going to get.

Then then there is another big factor.....Fury's power.....he has never been a puncher which makes life much easier for wilder....could the change in coach help improve his punches / power to trouble wilder more? That was the reason he changed coach.

I am posting this on the assumption the fight happens and fury does pull out due to injury.

Fury can knock wilder out but he almost certainly won’t look for it. If he sits down on his punches he generates power. He looked like he hurt wilder in the 12th, just after people thought he was knocked unconscious (which he clearly wasn’t!).
But any time he holds his feet he has the chance of being caught

Fury can knock wilder out but he almost certainly won’t look for it. If he sits down on his punches he generates power. He looked like he hurt wilder in the 12th, just after people thought he was knocked unconscious (which he clearly wasn’t!).
But any time he holds his feet he has the chance of being caught
I am interested to see what the change in coach will bring in this regard a few of the initial interviews implied he would look for the KO more

Some may find this interesting:

... I think he's a little too harsh on Wilder, because Wilder has put in the work since then. And quite frankly he did better against Tyson Fury than Wladimir Klitschko, all things considered.
However, I agree with the key sentence of this video, which is: The general perception of Deontay Wilder is off.

I am interested to see what the change in coach will bring in this regard a few of the initial interviews implied he would look for the KO more

I don’t think he will fight any different tbh. Hope I’m wrong. If he hurts him early it could change the outlook of the fight. Otherwise he’s walking that tightrope for 12 rounds.
I think the way to beat wilder is to get him first because he gives lots of opportunities. I see Joshua and whyte doing that. Whyte has said as much in a recent interview. I’m not sure fury has the same confidence in his power as those guys though

I don’t think he will fight any different tbh. Hope I’m wrong. If he hurts him early it could change the outlook of the fight. Otherwise he’s walking that tightrope for 12 rounds.
I think the way to beat wilder is to get him first because he gives lots of opportunities. I see Joshua and whyte doing that. Whyte has said as much in a recent interview. I’m not sure fury has the same confidence in his power as those guys though
I am not sure either but I hope he does, he had him backing up a few times and you can see he is not comfortable in that situation....if he can hurt him early like you say will make it a much more interest fight to watch.

Tyson boxes his ears off and then sparks out Sam Watson in the ring after the fight

Some may find this interesting:

... I think he's a little too harsh on Wilder, because Wilder has put in the work since then. And quite frankly he did better against Tyson Fury than Wladimir Klitschko, all things considered.
However, I agree with the key sentence of this video, which is: The general perception of Deontay Wilder is off.

The Wlad vs Wilder sparring session (one of their sessions anyway) has been talked about before on here. The trainer that cornered Wilder when he sparred with Wlad is James Ali Bashir. He gave his firsthand account of what happened but never said Wilder was knocked out, he said that Wlad dropped him. The sources that claim Wilder was 'out cold' (Johnny Nelson & Dillian Whyte), even if they were indeed there, might be exaggerating. Nelson claimed that Wlad knocked Wilder 'out cold' twice and dropped him a third time with a body shot. Wlad and Wilder sparred multiple times so maybe they're counting multiple sparring sessions.

The Wlad vs Wilder sparring session (one of their sessions anyway) has been talked about before on here. The trainer that cornered Wilder when he sparred with Wlad is James Ali Bashir. He gave his firsthand account of what happened but never said Wilder was knocked out, he said that Wlad dropped him. The sources that claim Wilder was 'out cold' (Johnny Nelson & Dillian Whyte), even if they were indeed there, might be exaggerating. Nelson claimed that Wlad knocked Wilder 'out cold' twice and dropped him a third time with a body shot. Wlad and Wilder sparred multiple times so maybe they're counting multiple sparring sessions.

whyte said it in an interview again the other day. Out cold, twitching! I can absolutely believe it. Do you remember The thread by the guy that sparred a lot of the last generation of HWs? He said wlad knocked him out cold in sparring. No one else did, including Lennox Lewis. He clearly doesn’t fck around when sparring

And wilder would’ve been very early in his career. Certainly no shame in that. It’s a none story. I don’t know why fighters tell tales from sparring. It’s the place where you learn and can try new things.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoyceOuthw
Back