Tyson Fury and Deontay Wilder come together for their rematch press conference

Visibly bothered is an understatement. Wilder had two swollen eyes.
Meh, he wasn't really badly hurt at any point in the fight. One fighter went down more than once and it wasn't Wilder.

Find it very interesting what fury said; ´i cant win a decision in america, thats why im going for a knockout'. Mano el mano, center of the ring, no running.

Tyson's inside game is underrated if he actually goes for it. Truely wonder how Wilder wil respond to a chavez esque inside brawl. Hope he will actually do what he says.

Find it very interesting what fury said; ´i cant win a decision in america, thats why im going for a knockout'. Mano el mano, center of the ring, no running.

Tyson's inside game is underrated if he actually goes for it. Truely wonder how Wilder wil respond to a chavez esque inside brawl. Hope he will actually do what he says.
It would be great if he did try and box Wilder on the inside but Fury has said he's going to knock out virtually every opponent he's ever had so I don't buy it for a second. But I'd be more than pleasantly surprised if he did get in Wilder's face and in-fight.

It would be great if he did try and box Wilder on the inside but Fury has said he's going to knock out virtually every opponent he's ever had so I don't buy it for a second. But I'd be more than pleasantly surprised if he did get in Wilder's face and in-fight.
I'd say that's what he should try to do, get in Wilder's chest and impose his weight advantage. Make it a physical fight at close range. At distance Wilder is too dangerous to gamble with for too long and at mid range he can still nail you with a short straight or short overhand right.

Lol are we calling £5m crumbs off the table now!

a world title challenger turning down 5m for a chance at 3 belts is almost as laughable as fans calling it crumbs off the table. If he fought and beat Joshua or wilder then he can write his own cheques. There was no logic in turning down the fight unless he didn’t think he could win, or didn’t really want that fight. As he’s been chasing wilder for 3 years I’d say it was the latter

AJ apparantly got 85m(against ruiz), if whyte gets 5m, that's a 5/95 PPV split, that would be the most lopsided split in PPV history, laughable indeed. And even if he won, all he would get is a second helping of stale, trodden on crumbs in a rematch.

I don't blame the WBC, I don't see what they have done wrong, whyte should have fought Pulev to become mandatory, that is the error in all this

Last edited:
I give Fury a better chance of making the necessary adjustments simply because he's the smarter boxer of the two.

I have to hide behind the couch whenever Wilder speaks. Never cringed at another human so much in my life.

Not a huge fan of trash talk but Wilder's attempts are just cheesy at best. When he's interviewed one on one he is much more genuine, both guys are.

Fury preparations for the fight are in hand “I am masturbating 7 times a day” this guy

I'd say that's what he should try to do, get in Wilder's chest and impose his weight advantage. Make it a physical fight at close range. At distance Wilder is too dangerous to gamble with for too long and at mid range he can still nail you with a short straight or short overhand right.
That's the way I wanted Fury to fight in the first meeting. He's quite a decent in-fighter for such a big man and he'd have a clear advantage over Wilder at that range. But I think he feels more at home keeping it at long. I agree with you at mid to long range it's a gamble because Wilder only has to land once to change the fight.

I picture this being exactly like Wilder Ortiz 2. The more technically sound boxer (Fury) runs up a huge lead on the scorecards, and then Deontay does what he always does and murks his opponent with a huge punch.

I really like both guys, Wilder is a criminally underrated HW that didn't really get the credit he deserved until recently, and Fury is just inspirational given all that he has battled back from. I wouldn't be sad (or happy) if either fighter one - they are both compelling fighters and personalities. But in 40+ fights, nobody has been able to avoid Wilder's power - 12 rounds is a long time to land that one punch.

AJ apparantly got 85m(against ruiz), if whyte gets 5m, that's a 5/95 PPV split, that would be the most lopsided split in PPV history, laughable indeed. And even if he won, all he would get is a second helping of stale, trodden on crumbs in a rematch.

I don't blame the WBC, I don't see what they have done wrong, whyte should have fought Pulev to become mandatory, that is the error in all this
-Also didnt Whtye have issues with PED accusations and a suspension durring this time that just recently got cleared up that was stopping him from getting fights???

Can’t wait for February 22nd! Good press conference

he won’t! We know what he’s gonna do

True, he says it a lot and still goes for a point fighting show like against wlad.

Think he might actually go for the inside this time. Deontay is way too dangerous to keep at long range for 12 rounds. Why not make it an inside dogfight from the start? Does Wilder even have an inside game?

Even though Wallin is concidered ´ a bum´ according to sherdog. You can say one thing; he couldnt see from one eye and quickly switched to his inside game to try to take Wallin out ASAP (no luck cause the swede had one hell of a chin).

2:30

Would be really interesting to see him bring it to wilder.

Back