Tyson Fury and Deontay Wilder come together for their rematch press conference

I am picking Fury by stoppage this time around. When he did let go and land, he visibly bothered Wilder and even stunned him a few times. I think Fury has a higher fight IQ and will adapt more readily than Wilder, he now knows he can hurt him and will be more confident.

edit: Wilder is cringe on the mic

whyte said it in an interview again the other day. Out cold, twitching! I can absolutely believe it. Do you remember The thread by the guy that sparred a lot of the last generation of HWs? He said wlad knocked him out cold in sparring. No one else did, including Lennox Lewis. He clearly doesn’t fck around when sparring

And wilder would’ve been very early in his career. Certainly no shame in that. It’s a none story. I don’t know why fighters tell tales from sparring. It’s the place where you learn and can try new things.
Yeah, Whyte did say he 'was proper twitching' or something to that effect. I remember the thread you're referring to where the guy said he sparred Wlad and got knocked out. I can believe a green Wilder getting knocked out but twice is harder to believe. That's what Johnny Nelson said anyway in 2017. He claims it happened over various sparring sessions (I just had to pull it up again). Wilder went on to deny it publicly and said he only ever sparred Wlad once. I agree that these guys should've not said anything in the first place to honor the gym code for sparring but the cat has been out of the bag for years on this one. Whyte's recent comments have ignited debate all over again on social media lol.

I am picking Fury by stoppage this time around. When he did let go and land, he visibly bothered Wilder and even stunned him a few times. I think Fury has a higher fight IQ and will adapt more readily than Wilder, he now knows he can hurt him and will be more confident.

Visibly bothered is an understatement. Wilder had two swollen eyes.

The issue with Fury though is that he always predicts he's going to knock his opponent out because that along with his talk sells. Admittedly this time around he does seem much more convincing about it through some of his recent actions like switching trainers to someone that can help him potentially accomplish that. Then, at the press conference, he offered that he knows he can hurt him (as he did stun Wilder a handful of times) and expressed that he doesn't believe he'll get a fair shake if it goes to the cards again. Adding all of that up backs his argument that he'll be looking to avoid the cards entirely.

I have fury by decision, I just think he is levels above wilder in terms of technical skills. wilder has the power but fury will not get cought this time around. wilder is not the best shiz talker. so don't blame him for trying to hype the bout.

The issue with Fury though is that he always predicts he's going to knock his opponent out because that along with his talk sells. Admittedly this time around he does seem much more convincing about it through some of his recent actions like switching trainers to someone that can help him potentially accomplish that. Then, at the press conference, he offered that he knows he can hurt him (as he did stun Wilder a handful of times) and expressed that he doesn't believe he'll get a fair shake if it goes to the cards again. Adding all of that up backs his argument that he'll be looking to avoid the cards entirely.

He said similiar things before the wlad fight, so I doubt he will follow thru, he is just trying to sell the fight. Although his salesmanship seemed lacklustre in the press conference, wilder "wins" this conference, he had all the most quotable lines. I fully expect Fury to dominate the head to head debate for what it's worth and then to win the fight itself.

Tyson fought a great fight last time and still got put down.

You have to think that having all that live time in ring with Fury's awkward style has helped Wilder going into his training camp.

He doesn't need to land many.

My prediction: Wilder wins in round 5 or 6.

Last edited:
You guys are crazy, this fight will be ridiculously one sided just like last time.

Wilder hasn't learned how to box in the last year and last time excluding the two warm up fights against those cab drivers, he was facing a Fury coming off a 3 year suicidal lay off.

I don't know what anyone has seen in Wilder to suggest he can make the MANY adjustments required to win this fight. Get comprehensively outboxed in every round by Ortiz maybe prior to pulling off the one trick pony right hand? Unlike Ortiz, Fury isn't 70 years old and I don't see him losing concentration this time either. If he makes that adjustment alone which he is more than capable of, Wilder won't even come close to winning a round.

Some may find this interesting:

... I think he's a little too harsh on Wilder, because Wilder has put in the work since then. And quite frankly he did better against Tyson Fury than Wladimir Klitschko, all things considered.
However, I agree with the key sentence of this video, which is: The general perception of Deontay Wilder is off.

It's pretty obvious that it's true when you consider that Wilder's management when asked about Wilder fighting Wlad said he's not ready. Why would you fight someone who had just knocked you out? And it's interesting that Wilder got dropped by a left hook because that might explain why he's been so reluctant to fight Whyte who has a killer left hand.

Last edited:
And it's interesting that Wilder got dropped by a left hook because that might explain why he's been so reluctant to fight Whyte who has a killer left hand.

If wilder is scared of big left hands, why did he fight 85% KO southpaw Ortiz twice

Whyte should have fought pulev to become IBF mandatory in 2018, when he had the chance, if he had he would be mandatory for AJ and able to get a decent split for the fight, unlike the crumbs off the table offer he got off Hearn last yr

Last edited:
If wilder is scared of big left hands, why did he fight 85% KO southpaw Ortiz twice

Whyte should have fought pulev to become IBF mandatory in 2018, when he had the chance, if he had he would be mandatory for AJ and able to get a decent split for the fight, unlike the crumbs off the table offer he got off Hearn last yr
He would be the wbo mandatory if it wasn’t for uysk

It's pretty obvious that it's true when you consider that Wilder's management when asked about Wilder fighting Wlad said he's not ready. Why would you fight someone who had just knocked you out? And it's interesting that Wilder got dropped by a left hook because that might explain why he's been so reluctant to fight Whyte who has a killer left hand.
#800days

But the vast majority of people think that Fury won that fight. I won't say any more.
Just having some fun, hope to hype the hell outta the fight with ya during the coming weeks.

Lol are we calling £5m crumbs off the table now!

a world title challenger turning down 5m for a chance at 3 belts is almost as laughable as fans calling it crumbs off the table. If he fought and beat Joshua or wilder then he can write his own cheques. There was no logic in turning down the fight unless he didn’t think he could win, or didn’t really want that fight. As he’s been chasing wilder for 3 years I’d say it was the latter

Last edited:

I said left hook. A lead left hook is a different kettle of fish to a southpaw throwing their left head from the rear.

I agree that Whyte missed a trick when he turned down Pulev. I think he was being a bit too difficult about things not going his way.

Back