Tyron Woodley Is Going To FLAT BACK Kelvin Gastelum.

I just realized that the Story left hook in the second gif is the same one Story used that knocked down Gunnar Nelson.

If he thought Story's hook was something, he's going to be in for a surprise when he feels T-Wood's.

tyron-woodley-ufc-167-knockout.gif

I can see Woodley putting him out. You might be on to something here Ark

Jake Shields schooled him? They fought to a split decision where neither guy did hardly a thing, and many people thought Tyron should have gotten the nod. Maybe you should actually watch the fight before commenting on it and making yourself look dumb.

I watched it. I feel asleep half way through. I remember people saying why isn't Shields vs Woodley on the main card

and after the fight everyone was like, just cut them both.

Kelvin will wreck your precious Woodley, I unfortunately no longer have an account worthy of betting, however feel free to bump my claim if i am mistaken

ps : my initial response was going to be I don't watch gey pawn

Woodley is the underdog?wtf?

let me guess everyone is remembering Woodley's bout with Rory meanwhile drooling over Gastelum's win over a has been Jake "fall from grace" Ellenberger

i agree with you. Tyron will be a huge problem for Gastelum...he seems to have a durable chin but that will truly be tested against Wood

Striking wise its a mismatch in KG's favor. All woodley has is a right hand.

Woodley is the underdog?wtf?

let me guess everyone is remembering Woodley's bout with Rory meanwhile drooling over Gastelum's win over a has been Jake "fall from grace" Ellenberger

i agree with you. Tyron will be a huge problem for Gastelum...he seems to have a durable chin but that will truly be tested against Wood

In case anyone needed a reminder. And remember, all of the buzz at the time was that Rory would be set for his own funeral after this fight.

rorymacdonald8.jpg

rory-macdonald-tyron-woodley-ufc-1742.jpg

082_Rory_Macdonald_vs_Tyron_Woodley.0.jpg

20140614_jla_as9_334.jpg.0.jpg

In case anyone needed a reminder. And remember, all of the buzz at the time was that Rory would be set for his own funeral after this fight.

Gastelum is not on Rory's level, at least not yet. Rory is one of the top 3 fighters in the division and at his best can beat anyone fighting at 170lbs. Completely different fight.

It's definitely a hard fight to cap. Let's be honest, T-Wood was a total bore in Strikeforce and could have lost to Coy, Saffedine, Mein, and Daley. He has a good wrestling pedigree, but he does nothing when the fight hits the mat. He's made a name for himself in the UFC by landing some early KOs.

Conversely, Gastelum has less of a grappling pedigree, but he's pretty damn good once the fight is actually on the ground. He's tougher and more of a grinder than Woodley. He hasn't shown huge KO power like Woodley though.

I would definitely cap Woodley as the favorite, as he's faster, stronger, a better wrestler, a better striker, and has more KO power. Gastelum will have the advantage that he's in no danger on the ground, has better cardio, is tougher, and more active.

Gastelum is not on Rory's level, at least not yet. Rory is one of the top 3 fighters in the division and at his best can beat anyone fighting at 170lbs. Completely different fight.

You have to admit that takedown was a bitter pill for Woodley to swallow though.

I might have to watch those fights again but I can see Kelvin winning this one by using the clinch and fighting Woodley at a fast pace but he needs to mix it up and be careful on the feet of counters.

If Woodley wins I think it's by KO/TKO like you say but I think Kelvin is either getting a decision or late TKO.

You have to admit that takedown was a bitter pill for Woodley to swallow though.

I'm sure it was, but at that point, Woodley was already out the door mentally. He knew he was gonna lose that fight, and he wasn't expecting Rory to shoot for takedowns, it probably came as a surprise. Kelvin implements wrestling in his gameplans very often, I think Tyron would expect a takedown from Kelvin a lot more than he would from Rory.

1. Agree with your evaluation.
2. "Flat back" sounds like a cool ethnic slur.

I'm sure it was, but at that point, Woodley was already out the door mentally. He knew he was gonna lose that fight, and he wasn't expecting Rory to shoot for takedowns, it probably came as a surprise. Kelvin implements wrestling in his gameplans very often, I think Tyron would expect a takedown from Kelvin a lot more than he would from Rory.

That is one of his biggest weaknesses in my opinion. That is what concerns me. He gets easily flustered and cannot seem to adapt and modify his game-plan on the fly. A lot of fighters have that issue. Frank Mir is one of them.

I'm not too sure about this fight. Haven't given it much thought. With Kelvin's pressure, gas tank, and wrestling. His boxing has looked pretty slick at times when he's on the front foot. Woodley doesn't come forward often. Mostly backs into the cage and forces the other guy to come into his punch / takedown and that doesn't seem like the best idea against a guy like Kelvin unless he catches him good early.

Kelvin getting caught up swinging like against Story could be a problem. He's definitely have to respect Woodley's power when it comes to exchanging like that.

By submission!?!? Really? GTFO

Why not? Woodley isn't some wizard on the mat and doesn't have the strongest gas tank. Kelvin is great at taking the back. He could catch him in a scramble.

That is one of his biggest weaknesses in my opinion. That is what concerns me. He gets easily flustered and cannot seem to adapt and modify his game-plan on the fly. A lot of fighters have that issue. Frank Mir is one of them.

I agree on that being his biggest weakness. I do think he's gonna KO Gastelum, but for me to be correct it has to be in the first two rounds, Kelvin brings crazy pressure and Idk if he can do it in the third.

Mini Cain has proved me wrong in like 4 fights in a row. I'm never betting against that guy again.

This, pretty much. Dude has overcome some TALL obstacles (literally) in U.Haul and Mononoske.

I hope your right. It would make Rory's stock look better.

Kelvin also has a wrestling background, if he wants to, he'll take Woodley's ass down and submit him.

Back