Tyron Woodley Is Going To FLAT BACK Kelvin Gastelum.

Arkridge

Gold Belt
@Gold
Reaction score
I'm very surprised at the poll results for this fight. I realize Kelvin Gastelum is a fast improving prospect but I think the UFC gave him too much too soon in this fight. Woodley has the kind of power that can end a fight at any given moment and Kelvin's striking defense has constantly left me wondering, "When is someone going to land that put em' away shot?"

In all of Kelvin's last three fights, we've seen him get tagged often and early, especially in the Story fight, Kelvin has almost put away on more than one occasion due to strikes. Not many will remember due to the Ellenberger fight being such a short affair, but in the brief period where the fight was standing, we saw Kelvin get hit by atleast 3-4 hard shots, luckily he wasn't visibly wobbled.

I'm as big a fan of Kelvin Gastelum as any, but it doesn't change the fact that his striking defense is one of the weakest aspects of his game right now. Not to say that won't change in the future, but the way his striking defense has looked as of late, combined with Tyron Woodley's rare combination of power and speed, I don't see Kelvin lasting through the full 15 minutes. I think it's even more likely he goes down due to Tyron's wrestling pedigree, which will make it harder for Kelvin to get it to the mat when he's in trouble.

I'm with the majority on the Gastelum bandwagon, but I think it hits a speed bump in the form of Tyron Woodley. Too much, too soon for the young WW. And everyone who doubts me is going to see for themselves come next weekend. Tyron Woodley by knockout, and an early one at that.

story+2.gif

story+1.gif

While I agree with everything you said, still I want Gastelum to win. I'm hoping for a beast mode performance from him ala Melancon fight.

Mini Cain has proved me wrong in like 4 fights in a row. I'm never betting against that guy again.

Flat back...lol. Idk if I've ever heard that term, before. But I like it....and I pretty much agree with you. I'd like Kelvin to win, but Woodley has freakish speed and power with his hands. Kelvin is still a really, really young dude.

That's what i'd expect if i didn't know how tough of a competitor Gastelum was, i'm sure he'll get tagged but i don't think Woodley will win this.

Flat back...lol. Idk if I've ever heard that term, before. But I like it....and I pretty much agree with you. I'd like Kelvin to win, but Woodley has freakish speed and power with his hands. Kelvin is still a really, really young dude.

Haha, its a term we used in football whenever someone laid down a huge hit. Don't think I've ever heard it used before in MMA either.

He's a young kid, he'll learn or go to sleep. I see lots of potential but do not doubt the wood. Should be a good fight

Idk, Kelvin looked damn good in his last fight. Nothing wrong with getting tagged a few times by Story, he is a super underrated fighter.

All Kelvin does is win. He's got an incredible gas tank, and his will to win is astounding. He was the training partner for both GSP and Hendricks. He has all the tools to beat anybody in this division.

Tyron will gas after the first round. Kelvin will eat some hard shots but his will and desire will propel him forward and he will grind Tyron down with strikes and pressure.

Mini Cain will win this fight and will continue his forward ascent up the Welterweight division.

I think Woodley's going to knock him out but that's my opinion.

All Kelvin does is win. He's got an incredible gas tank, and his will to win is astounding. He was the training partner for both GSP and Hendricks. He has all the tools to beat anybody in this division.

Tyron will gas after the first round. Kelvin will eat some hard shots but his will and desire will propel him forward and he will grind Tyron down with strikes and pressure.

Mini Cain will win this fight and will continue his forward ascent up the Welterweight division.

When is the last time we've seen Tyron gas? People that speak of his gas tank likely haven't watched his last 3-4 fights. He hasn't gassed in any fight in recent memory.

Back