Tyron Woodley Is Going To FLAT BACK Kelvin Gastelum.

Kelvin is one of the few fighters that I think looks that much better everytime he steps in the Octagon. I think he'll pressure Woodley with his boxing and Woodley will have a hard time getting his offense off. I can definitely see Tyron shutting his light off tho

The same Woodley that lost to Shields and Macdonald? After the first round, Woodley practically loses all of his explosion. He may not be gassed, but he doesn't push the pace quite as much. I see Gastelum taking over for a late tko or submission

gastelum is going to win this fight. i think story won that fight. seemed like gastelum didn't train to face a lefty. gastelum took story's and ellenberger's power shots and kept coming. i know that woodley has a powerful right hand, but he isn't polished enough to be able to use it effectively enough to put gastelum away.

i see this being a competitive fight and gastelum's cardio and pace taking him to the win. woodely doesn't do well when someone is able to touch him up and gastelum will be able to put hands on woodley.

I think Gastelum has the skills and the chin to win this fight.

Definitely rooting for him.

The same Woodley that lost to Shields and Macdonald? After the first round, Woodley practically loses all of his explosion. He may not be gassed, but he doesn't push the pace quite as much. I see Gastelum taking over for a late tko or submission

I had Woodley beats Shields in a very strange fight. Neither guy did much at all, the only thing I can remember from that fight is a nasty spinning backfist from Woodley. Also, the only person to ever TKO Shields is Ellenberger, and that was a clearly unmotivated Shields who lost his father days before the fight. And as for MacDonald, his striking and striking defense is miles ahead of Gastelum at this point, and is a completely different fight because MacDonald fights much longer than Gastelum can.

I quarandamndee if Kelvin makes weight aka is in shape he will win this fight.

This is a hard one to call for me I don't know which Woodley shows if it's the one against Rory, Kelvin either grinds him to a UD or submission. If it's Dong Hyun Kim Woodley then flat back as you said, but right now I'm leaning towards Kelvin he's got a grinders heart.

When is the last time we've seen Tyron gas? People that speak of his gas tank likely haven't watched his last 3-4 fights. He hasn't gassed in any fight in recent memory.

Shields fight

Why cause Rick story put him on his ass?

I think story could beat woodley, I expect BIG things from gastelum. Maybe he doesnt beat woodley now, but he'll be a champ I believe.

He can beat woodley, he does poorly when pressured.

Last edited:
If Kelvin keeps fighting the way he has been he's going to put it on Woodley.

Watching gastelum vs ellenberger, kelvin did seem very hittable, which you kind of don't want to be vs a guy like t-morning wood.

His weight cut against Story was horrible; they literally had to carry him in at the second attempt. It had a huge effect on him, no doubt about it. If he makes weight without much problems, he's going to put Woodley through the wringer.

Heard this many times before the Rory fight too. Granted Kelvin is obviously a much different style of a fighter. Woodley is quite hittable himself let's not forget. He seems to get taken off of his game very easily when things do not go his way. I was very shocked when Rory was able to take Woodley down so easily. People tend to overlook that surprising aspect of the fight.

Ban the TS!

Oh wait, nevermind. He said FLAT BACK. Not "Woodley is going to FAT BLACK Gastelum."

Kelvin reminds me of when I used to pick everyone to beat Weidman on his way to the title

While i agree he has bad striking defense,he also dictate the pace and woodley has questionable cardio. His chin is good and should survive woodley's bombs,but you never know

All Kelvin does is win. He's got an incredible gas tank, and his will to win is astounding. He was the training partner for both GSP and Hendricks. He has all the tools to beat anybody in this division.

Tyron will gas after the first round. Kelvin will eat some hard shots but his will and desire will propel him forward and he will grind Tyron down with strikes and pressure.

Mini Cain will win this fight and will continue his forward ascent up the Welterweight division.

im hoping for this outcome. i think kelvin's gas tank is better then tyron's. the later has too much muscle mass to keep up a high pace for 3 rounds.

Back