Tyron Woodley Is Going To FLAT BACK Kelvin Gastelum.

Gastelum is not on Rory's level, at least not yet. Rory is one of the top 3 fighters in the division and at his best can beat anyone fighting at 170lbs. Completely different fight.

But the thing about Gastelum is he fights in a manner that has given Tyron the most trouble. Pressure fighters that move forward. If Tyron can dictate the pace and keep you off balance, he looks great. But when people walk him down and get in his face he looks completely lost. If Gastelum's chin holds up I like his chances in this fight.

I'm very surprised at the poll results for this fight. I realize Kelvin Gastelum is a fast improving prospect but I think the UFC gave him too much too soon in this fight. Woodley has the kind of power that can end a fight at any given moment and Kelvin's striking defense has constantly left me wondering, "When is someone going to land that put em' away shot?"

In all of Kelvin's last three fights, we've seen him get tagged often and early, especially in the Story fight, Kelvin has almost put away on more than one occasion due to strikes. Not many will remember due to the Ellenberger fight being such a short affair, but in the brief period where the fight was standing, we saw Kelvin get hit by atleast 3-4 hard shots, luckily he wasn't visibly wobbled.

I'm as big a fan of Kelvin Gastelum as any, but it doesn't change the fact that his striking defense is one of the weakest aspects of his game right now. Not to say that won't change in the future, but the way his striking defense has looked as of late, combined with Tyron Woodley's rare combination of power and speed, I don't see Kelvin lasting through the full 15 minutes. I think it's even more likely he goes down due to Tyron's wrestling pedigree, which will make it harder for Kelvin to get it to the mat when he's in trouble.

I'm with the majority on the Gastelum bandwagon, but I think it hits a speed bump in the form of Tyron Woodley. Too much, too soon for the young WW. And everyone who doubts me is going to see for themselves come next weekend. Tyron Woodley by knockout, and an early one at that.

whmb.gif

Story is a beast....and still beat him. Gastelum takes this. Sorry youre dead wrong.

Last edited:
Mini Cain has proved me wrong in like 4 fights in a row. I'm never betting against that guy again.

This.. I think he is gonna get smoked every fight..Then he wins

I'm very surprised at the poll results for this fight. I realize Kelvin Gastelum is a fast improving prospect but I think the UFC gave him too much too soon in this fight. Woodley has the kind of power that can end a fight at any given moment and Kelvin's striking defense has constantly left me wondering, "When is someone going to land that put em' away shot?"

In all of Kelvin's last three fights, we've seen him get tagged often and early, especially in the Story fight, Kelvin has almost put away on more than one occasion due to strikes. Not many will remember due to the Ellenberger fight being such a short affair, but in the brief period where the fight was standing, we saw Kelvin get hit by atleast 3-4 hard shots, luckily he wasn't visibly wobbled.

I'm as big a fan of Kelvin Gastelum as any, but it doesn't change the fact that his striking defense is one of the weakest aspects of his game right now. Not to say that won't change in the future, but the way his striking defense has looked as of late, combined with Tyron Woodley's rare combination of power and speed, I don't see Kelvin lasting through the full 15 minutes. I think it's even more likely he goes down due to Tyron's wrestling pedigree, which will make it harder for Kelvin to get it to the mat when he's in trouble.

I'm with the majority on the Gastelum bandwagon, but I think it hits a speed bump in the form of Tyron Woodley. Too much, too soon for the young WW. And everyone who doubts me is going to see for themselves come next weekend. Tyron Woodley by knockout, and an early one at that.

story+2.gif

story+1.gif

are you african american?

The Frozen One is gonna get KongoD by Mini Cain

I just realized that the Story left hook in the second gif is the same one Story used that knocked down Gunnar Nelson.

He damn near killed Mike Pyle with one that he put a little more weight in to, too.

story+2.gif

story+1.gif

In fairness Story has an awesome jab with either hand. It set up the 2-punch combo and is what landed in the second gif. But he did take some hard shots from Ellenberger too so I am not saying it is a strength. Personally I think Woodley is a better version of Kelvin right now but you gotta jump in the deep end at some point. Not much shame if he loses and a huge upside if he wins. And i like the stones on him to want this fight. It will help in the long run even if he loses.

Haha, its a term we used in football whenever someone laid down a huge hit. Don't think I've ever heard it used before in MMA either.

made my day!

Pretty sure story is a better striker than Tyrone fuck he's overrated

Woodley is hit or miss and gastelum is getting better I thought he lost the Rick story fight this is an interesting match up I'm favoring towards woodley based on punching power and wrestling and the fight he took this fight after ducking Lombard

I thought Kelvin would win. The weight situation was disappointing. But no 'flat back'.

Back