Tyron is the WW GOAT

All the racists can do at this point is just cling onto the only white hope who actually got a UD over Woodley in Rory MacDonald many years or reach even further with the roided Nate Marquardt fight earlier in Woodley's career.

This is part of the systematic racism that Woodley is talking about which is subtle and insidious, holding minorities to different and higher standards just so they can shit on.

Not conforming to racist stereotypes, like the Mandingo fighter or the "thug" or the overthe top arrogant "baller" just to sell fights.

Respect to Woodley for speaking out well against racism in the MMA community and the UFC and for not conform to one of those racial stereotypes.

Justice prevailed when Woodley destroyed the UK next great white hope in Darren Till at UFC 228.

Come on racists, let the anger and butthurt flow through!
No, I’m a trump supporter and I’m also a woodley, Colby, Anderson Silva and Jon Jones and dc fan. I like good fights this had nothing to do with racism, it’s that most people just don’t like super successful people talk about being oppressed bc it shows they are privileged enough to live in America to talk about the systemic racism that doesn’t exist. Guys like jack Johnson had to actually overcome the skin color obstacle. Woodley does not.

Bored-Gorilla.gif

<{Heymansnicker}>

All the racists can do at this point is just cling onto the only white hope who actually got a UD over Woodley in Rory MacDonald many years or reach even further with the roided Nate Marquardt fight earlier in Woodley's career.

This is part of the systematic racism that Woodley is talking about which is subtle and insidious, holding minorities to different and higher standards just so they can shit on.

Not conforming to racist stereotypes, like the Mandingo fighter or the "thug" or the over the top arrogant "baller" just to sell fights.

Respect to Woodley for speaking out well against racism in the MMA community and the UFC and for not conform to one of those racial stereotypes.

Justice prevailed when Woodley destroyed the UK next great white hope in Darren Till at UFC 228.

U forgot Jake Shields bro.

Facts are facts.

Woodley has 4 UFC WW Title
defenses.

Woodley is already one of the best WWs ever and closing in on GSP.
GSP I think have double the defenses and he gave up his belt. Not quite closing in, but Woodly vs GSP need to happen.

@boss429 yeah I get what you were saying, I suppose in that sense the game will never really change.

Whether gsp is the superior striker to Woodley? I don't know honestly. I'd say gsp is a bit overrated and woodley is quite underrated. Power is definitely the great equilizer though, for sure.

I personally have always felt gsp is very stiff in his boxing and overall striking. He picked up many bad habits from his initial karate backround that have stuck and ingrained within him. As such, he is very hittable. Felt this way for many years. He definitely has a few solid punches and kicks, he absolutely has a great jab.

That said, The most dominant aspect of his game is his dominance of the wrestling battle, top control and jiu jitsu from the top, along with obviously ground and pound etc.

When his wrestling gets nullified and he can't dictate where the fight takes place, he is beatable. Particularly by a guy like Tyron

I don't see GSP being able to handle the speed, power and explosiveness of Tyron on the feet, certainly not for 5 rounds.

No, I’m a trump supporter and I’m also a woodley, Colby, Anderson Silva and Jon Jones and dc fan. I like good fights this had nothing to do with racism, it’s that most people just don’t like super successful people talk about being oppressed bc it shows they are privileged enough to live in America to talk about the systemic racism that doesn’t exist. Guys like jack Johnson had to actually overcome the skin color obstacle. Woodley does not.
Is Woodley more likely to get pulled over and shot than his white counter parts?

@Sansnom i'm not drunk, just explaining how it happened

so you basically have nothing to say

cool bro, pretty much what i expected from you.

You ain't a bad dude but when it comes to technical analysis you're completely lost against anyone who genuinely knows what they're talking about. Seen this on more than one occasion

At the end of the day you only look foolish and immature

My advice, stay in your lane

Didn't know a split draw and majority decision against the same opponent made the case for a GOAT

Agreed Woodley isn't close to being the greatest WW. As for Rory, I'm a big fan but

giphy.gif

All the racists can do at this point is just cling onto the only white hope who actually got a UD over Woodley in Rory MacDonald many years and the split decision robbery against Jake Shields or reach even further with the roided Nate Marquardt fight earlier in Woodley's career.

Not conforming to racist stereotypes, like the Mandingo fighter or the "thug" or the over the top arrogant "baller" just to sell fights.

Definitely a promotional bias, its not about charisma because Till has none.

Why would Woodley even be In the discussion? His resume is nothing to GSPs and Hughes’. Even if he fought and beat Rory next weekend.

I hate when a guy like Till is all of a sudden the difference between being in the discussion and out. He had one relevant win and it was far from clear. Of course Woodley beat him. Even Dan Hardy was riding a more convincing wave going into his fight with GSP and that was seen as a filler.

@boss429 yeah I get what you were saying, I suppose in that sense the game will never really change.

Whether gsp is the superior striker to Woodley? I don't know honestly. I'd say gsp is a bit overrated and woodley is quite underrated. Power is definitely the great equilizer though, for sure.

I personally have always felt gsp is very stiff in his boxing and overall striking. He picked up many bad habits from his initial karate backround that have stuck and ingrained within him. As such, he is very hittable. Felt this way for many years. He definitely has a few solid punches and kicks, he absolutely has a great jab.

That said, The most dominant aspect of his game is his dominance of the wrestling battle, top control and jiu jitsu from the top, along with obviously ground and pound etc.

When his wrestling gets nullified and he can't dictate where the fight takes place, he is beatable. Particularly by a guy like Tyron

I don't see GSP being able to handle the speed, power and explosiveness of Tyron on the feet, certainly not for 5 rounds.

Fair enough, you make some good points but really the only guy that was able to nullify his wrestling was Jonny. Highly decorated Wrestlers like Koscheck and Fitch couldn't do it so there is no guarantee Tyrone could either though he definitely has a good chance.

As for the striking while I agree GSP can be a little stiff at times Tyrone is very predictable, back up to the cage to bait you into following then explode with the right, GSPs intelligence would keep him from taking the bait and his jab could conceivably keep Tyrone at bay.

Interesting fight. Could go either way but I would give GSP the edge 60/40

Edit: If Tyrone had more of a kicking game I would probably give him the edge just because he is so quick and powerful.

Back