Tyron is the WW GOAT

Woodleys striking defense has improved leagues since the Rory fight.

I'd take Tyron in a rematch without much doubt.

I’d love to see a fight between a rested Rory and Woodley.

Let’s just forget about the racial aspect and think about a 5 round fight between the two.

Sansom is a dim witted dweeb. don't try to argue about gsp with him. he will regurgitate the same notion over and over again until you ignore him because in his tiny mind gsp has never and can't be defeated by Hendricks let alone Woodley who is twice the fighter Hendricks ever was.

This best ever talk is silly. The lawler win was impressive but both wonderboy fights could have went either way. The maia fight sucked and he beat this bum.

GSP dominated every fight for years and years. He'd beat Woodley and so would Rory...Again
The best ever talk is silly because numbers and records should mean something. We're past the time when eras were so different that modern people are automatically better than those of the past so 4 successful defenses just doesn't come close to 9. It's that simple.

4 isn't even half of 9.
Facts are facts.

Woodley has 4 UFC WW Title
defenses.

Woodley is already one of the best WWs ever and closing in on GSP.
Facts are facts. GSP has won 12 UFC WW title fights (11 for the undisputed belt) and has had 9 consecutive title defenses in a row, all of which were actual wins by the way.

Woodley has won 5 UFC WW tile fights all together with 4 ouconsecutive defenses, 1 of which was a draw and not a win.

Woodley is certainly a great champion and at this point has cracked the top 3 WW of all time list.

But "closing in on GSP" ? You're definition of "closing in" is very generous. He's LESS than HALF way to GSP's consecutive defense record, and would double the amount of title fight wins +1 just to equal GSP's undisputed WW title wins, throw in another one for good measure to take care of GSP's interim win, and even then he'd only be tied....

in my eyes "closing in" is like 80% of the way there. Not 45%. He's making good progress in the long road to reach GSP's record, but at the pace of barely two fights a year, he's going to need 3 years to tie GSP's record (longer if he has another 2018 where he's only fought once)

PS: this isn't just a woodley thing, people do this bullshit all the time, a middlweight wins 2 or 3 and they start comparing him to the man who won 12 in a row....

a guy wins 1 or 2 fights at LW and suddenly he's compared to people who won 4 or 5....

The only fair way to compare reasonably modern fighters is the numbers and 11 wins, 9 consecutive defenses is a hell of a long way ahead of 5 wins, 4 consecutive defenses.

You do not get a "but i'm the current champ" boost. If you do that then suddenly every modern champ is the best one ever.

3rd at this point. 2 giants ahead of him with more fights, more top wins and more defenses.

Only on Sherdog does beating a 25 year old, green as fuck Darren Till make you the greatest of all time. Never change Sherdog.

Wrong.

1st fight was a majority draw (47-47, 47-47, 48-47 Woodley)

2nd Tyron won a majority decision (48-47 Woodley, 47-47, 48-47 Woodley)
I stand corrected forgot about all the shit with the announcement being run back even.

That’s still a loss. Woodley would’ve most likely won a rematch but he still would have that L on his record.

GSP was put down by a guy that had never recorded a standing TKO in his life while Marquardt was a dangerous striker from a higher division.

I’d say he’s a better striker for sure.
Woodley would have gotten KO if he rematched Mardquart in the next two fights. He could surely KO the glass chin broken down Nate of today.

Seriously though, go look at what Rory Macdonald did to Tyron. Tyron is a great fighter, but to say he's greater than St Pierre at this point is silly business.

As for Matt Serra, go get overhanded by him and then come back and tell me he doesn't know how to punch.

gsp is overrated. lost to out of shape hughes, tkoed by matt "the hobbit" serra and lost to johnny hendricks. how does anyone think he has a chance against the superior striker and wrestler in t-wood?

Attachments

• hendricks-stpierre-1.jpg
    hendricks-stpierre-1.jpg
    120 KB · Views: 1
I’ll hazard a guess and say TS is a Anderoid fan

Back