Wonderboy 2x
Lawler
Maia
Till
Washed-up &/ old Lawler
Washed-up &/ old Maia
Green Till
One draw with Wonderboy.

Woodboy has about 3-4 fights left in his career. He's 36; he only fights once a year. He might only have 2 left if he gets injured again. (Older he gets, less recovery potential.)

Name three WW fighters he can fight in the next three years who are big enough AND in their prime to overtake GSP. Good luck. There isn't even ONE fighter left in the current top 15!

Woodley may be the better fighter but he can never even get close to proving it and he has no control over his potential opponents. He's had weak strength of opposition to date relative to GSP, and there are no big-name WW primes left. The biggest name he could get is Conor but that wouldn't move him higher, let alone past GSP, because Conor isn't a WW.

So now all he can do is talk. Very frustrating for him and his fans.

Sad to see the fall of the WW GOAT. Hopefully he doesn’t get cut

I have seen GSP beaten but not dominated by somebody on the contender level of Usman.

Sad to see the fall of the WW GOAT. Hopefully he doesn’t get cut

Usman is now WW GOAT. 10 wins in a row. Just beat WW GOAT Woodley. Way better than GSP...

<{yahyou}>

Hearing rogan say woodley was argueably welterweight goat.. i dont get it! Its not arguable! Utter nonsense, GSP is miles ahead of everyone else

Wonderboy 2x
Lawler
Maia
Till
giphy.gif

One thing we should all consider. If/when Usman loses, what will that do to his legacy? It seems silly, but reading through this thread highlights that’s people were really high on Woodley (he was great), but now that he had a hard slide you don’t even hear about him in this conversation anymore. Usman is being compared to GSP and Hughes, and Woodley is somewhere down the ladder.

I felt the same way when people were giving Stipe GOAT status. Look what one loss did to his place in this kind of conversation.

Back